Character Creation/Approval Thread

Share your own stories or make them up together.
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Character Creation/Approval Thread

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon May 04, 2015 2:04 pm

In this thread you can create and discuss characters to be used in RPs.

At the moment, only characters from the Marioverse will be allowed. Don't worry, more franchises will be available for use soon.

You are free to provide as much information about your character as you want, but they must follow this template at minimum:

Name: Your character's first name. Last names generally are not typical in the Marioverse unless they are the name of the species (e.g. Joey Parabeetle).
Age: How old is your character? Actual age in years is not required. Feel free to just put "young", "old", or "normal" - a general range is all we really need.
Species: Your character's species.
Appearance: What does your character have that visually differentiates them from the rest of their species?
Personality: Describe what your character is like personally - are they high-strung or laid-back? Do they make friends easily or are they shy?
Background: Who is your character? Where did they come from? What friends and family members do they have? What was their childhood like? This section should be a substantial description of your character (at least 2 paragraphs) that provides outlook on what makes them unique. Develop this as much as you want, but keep it PG-13.

The Game Masters will approve characters and link them in the section below.

Approved Characters:
Leafe
Shif T.
Doobel
Meeko
Pleonexus
Clastic
Rathanael
Varuo
Muyoko
Tess
Lee
Cayg Bohn
Toxic
Prism
Damon
Bill

The first RP won't start until June 15th, so we have a little over a month to focus on character development. I'm excited to see what you guys come up with!

Choco
Eerie
Eerie

Re: Character Creation/Approval Thread

Postby Choco » Mon May 04, 2015 3:10 pm

The template reminds me so much of Pokecommunity that I almost asked to reserve a spot. XD

Name: Leafe
Species: Wiggler
Personality: Leafe is unlike any other Wiggler you'll meet. His past made sure of this. He talks little, and is often found sneaking around, trying to avoid attention or interaction. He is not angered easily, but absolutely despises anything related to Bowser. He is very determined and fierce when he wants to be, despite his cute appearance as a Wiggler. Leafe is known to hold grudges. But he is very intelligent and can decently fend for himself. However, he can be too confident at times. He's very emotional, even though he doesn't show it.
Background: Leafe was born in a forest somewhere. He was a regular Wiggler, with parents and two sisters, just happily living life for a while. But that didn't last long, because not long after, the forest was raided by an army of Koopa Troopas. Leafe ran out of the forest, and continued to run far away from it. At that point, he was lost. He was alone.

Leafe was in a village of Shy Guys. He asked two of them for directions, but little did he know how evil they were. They showed him the way - to one of Bowser's castles.

The lavalands seemed endless, so it never crossed Leafe's mind to run away. He spent years barely living in the fiery valleys, often eavesdropping around the castle. One day, while he was doing this, he heard what had happened to his birthplace. The forest had been burnt to a crisp, and most of its inhabitants, including Leafe's family, had been killed. It was on that day that he swore revenge on anything related to Bowser.

He knew he had to escape that terrible place no matter what. So he ran... and ran...
and ran...
and ran...
until he came to yet another village. Tired of living on the run, he settled down and tried to live normally. But his experiences had already changed him into something unlike any Wiggler you'll ever meet.
This isn't in the template but I felt like adding it: Leafe can often be seen wearing a black bandana on his head.

How is it? It's not my best, but it should be good enough.

Also, since you're gonna see this, may I make a suggestion? On another forum, we have the OOC stuff in a separate thread to keep it organized. That might help here.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon May 04, 2015 3:50 pm

I figured I would wait until the RP started before I created the RP discussion thread. I can make it now if that's what people want, but I'm not sure what we'd talk about. Discussion about characters/character creation is fine in this thread.

Leafe looks good! I'll add him to the approved list.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Mon May 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Name: Shif T.
Species: Toad
Appearance: Shif T. has a black cap with maroon spots, and his eye color is mismatched (one brown, one blue). He wears a black leather trench coat with an ash colored undershirt, as well as black jean pants and brown shoes, he occasionally wears black-tinted sunglasses.
Personality: A rather laid-back Toad, although he also acts rather shady and suspicious around newcomers.
Background: Shif T. didn't know his parents much, he was supposedly abandoned at birth and raised by the infamous Nabbit, who briefly taught Shif T. on how to be a thief up until Nabbit kicked him off a cliff. Shif T. moved on to become a thief in many villages and towns, but soon found himself dealing in illegal businesses. He has since taken residence in Toad Town, living in a rundown shack he managed to get for free. Underneath the shack is Shif T.'s small headquarters, where he works in his illegal trades.

Original the character, do not steal.

EDIT: I think there should be another part of the form to briefly fill out for appearance.

EDIT 2: Added appearance.
Last edited by Danny on Mon May 04, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon May 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Shif T. looks solid. I think you should definitely add more background information but I'll approve the character anyway.

I also added an "Appearance" field to the template. Feel free to update your characters.

Choco
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Choco » Mon May 04, 2015 7:59 pm

I kinda did the Appearance thing on mine. Other than that he's pretty normal when it comes to looks.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:09 pm

I will try to replicate my main Role Play character; 氷 (Kōri) who does not fit the Mario universe at all, so yeah! I will type the original character out best I can, color red what I remove, and in green what I add!

氷/Kōri versiön M
Name: 氷
Nickname: Kōri (Keep in mind, "Ō" means "Ou")
Items: Infinite supply of string, Blood Water crystals.
Weapon of Choice: Bow & Arrow and Tons of Kunai tied together
Weapon: Her own Blood for the sake of this role-play, her blood is just pure water
Skills:
•Her blood regeneration rate is fenominal
•Her frozzen blood can not be cut through
•Her Blood weapons can cut through any known material (including diamond)
•Her blood burns and is a poison to all living things that is not blood related to her
•Her blood burns any non-living entity
•She almost never misses her target, regardless of there speed.
•She can see, aim, and teleport anything through to puddles of water
•She can control any liquid (excluding opponents blood)
•By drinking someone's blood, she gains their abilities
•She can hold her own in a fight
•She rarely sleeps
•Her blood Which is actually water in this case is constantly dripping from her arms at her shoulders due to the density
•Her blood's density in her body is equal to that of a star
•Immune to Poison
•Immune to Cold
•Can creat near indestructible blood buildings as a last resort!
•Can heal insanely fast if she has water
•can not be killed by being impaled
•(this all I can remember without my sheet)
weakness:
•Fire
•Extreme Heat
•Age Aceloratiön
•Her sister (Tōri)
•Anything elitalianoverde can use to outsmart me
Personality: She likes to fight, and is 5% insane. Does not care about her cloathing unless she is around humanoid people
Backstory: She lives inside Cyberspace, has a tendency to freeze herself. She has never lost against any of he siblings (excluding Tōri) in a fair fight. She has never won a battle outside of her home though! due to the way she was raised, she really "lets every thing go" as of how she fights: Using blood and other liquids to attack. She can not extract blood from a body, so she always has to cut her self to attack (Normally below her neck in her chest area.) She will always use her blood on her arms to attack unless she needs a lot! She heals and regenerates blood at an inhuman rate. Her blood Armor (She can control the hardness and density of the blood closest to her skin so she can never be cut unless it is by her own hand!
She has once lost against Koga (Elitalianoverde's character whose main ability was Age acceloration) in a fight that took up an entire Blood swamp! (Blood+Time=Iron, then disentergratiön) The battle was huge and the one tine she has ever one all out!
Clothing A:
•No Shirt
•Jacket zipped to up to the bon that protects the heart! (This is so she can easily cut herself and draw blood to attack)
•Jacket Sleeves comes 20centimeters past her fingertips, but her shoulder (right) is covered and the other is not!
•The heavy Cyan Jacket has a lot of pockets and is skin tight.
•She wares a Necklace which contains her own blood with a density equal to a super massive black hole!
•She has, but does not ware gloves (Cyan)
Clothing B:
•Skin tight light grey elastic pants
•No Socks
•No Shoes
Clothing C
•Giant bow made of her own blood that can not be broken or melted due to it's density
Species:
•49% human
•50% unknown (magikopa for this rp)
•0.111111111111...% combined
Character Descriptiön: A completely flatchested girl (if standing next to every one on the planet, you would think she was male) and who's hair color is very bright-whiteish-magenta and comes to the back of her knees! Her eyes are a Deep Chrimson-Blood-Red and her arms are covered in a dark crimson blood!
Affinity:Good, but does not seem like it!

Due to time, I will not give the details on Young 9 year old Kōri, or other rversiöns of her! if I left anything out, let me know!

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Mon May 04, 2015 8:38 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:*snip*
First you don't really need to use a macron for every single "o" in your words.

Second bloody hell that is crazy off any Marioverse thing.

Third I also suggest you not use colored text.
Joey wrote:Shif T. looks solid. I think you should definitely add more background information but I'll approve the character anyway.
I'll add more background information a little later, can't really think of anything else pertaining to the Marioverse that would be extremely fitting.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:42 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:

Oof yeah, this character goes way off the sheets, doesn't really even fit within marioverse. Also yeah I recognize that from our old, dead friend TUA. I dunno, that type of character just really doesn't fit in a marioverse RPG, sorry.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Bomber57 wrote:
8bitmushroom wrote:

Oof yeah, this character goes way off the sheets, doesn't really even fit within marioverse. Also yeah I recognize that from our old, dead friend TUA. I dunno, that type of character just really doesn't fit in a marioverse RPG, sorry.
It would all fit under magic, no? And the macron is "ō" while "ö" is an umlaut! i have a habit of doing that to words that end in "iön"

The colored text was for good reason!

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon May 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Can't Kōri be human anyways? You know Mario, Luigi, Peach etc.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon May 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Humans aren't applicable, no.

Not going to approve Kori because it's obviously way outside the bounds of what we're doing here.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:36 pm

Joey wrote:Humans aren't applicable, no.

Not going to approve Kōri because it's obviously way outside the bounds of what we're doing here.
Joey: you can remove any ability not suited for this! ...and FanofSMBX is right, Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina! Thry are all human! anyway, you can remove or change anything you see fit Joey!

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Mon May 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Joey wrote:Humans aren't applicable, no.
Though they still exist in the Marioverse (Wario, Waluigi, Mario, Luigi, Daisy, Peach, Rosalina), so I think they should be applicable but only if the character is really, really good.

Also are species like Kong applicable? It's kind of iffy whether they're in the Marioverse or not. Donkey Kong existed early in Donkey Kong, then moved into Mario Kart and Mario Party, so it's pretty evident that the Kongs exist in the Marioverse, hmm? I find that kind of interesting and would come up with some theory to explain why I think that but I don't want to go too off-topic here, just wondering if Kongs would be applicable as a species.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:07 am

My guy...

Name: Hydrodino

species part koopa, mostly yoshi

Appearance: He looks like a regular cyan yoshi, but his tail holds fins. Hydrodino shows webbed hands, and his saddle transformed into a dark blue hump. (Blame the koopa for that) The sides of his visage have gills. The countenance of his face shows eagerness to assist others.

Personality: He mostly shows a cheerful face around others, but if you crack his bubblebomb eggs, an explosion of a water jet will be for you. Also, he is daring in lava lands, because he annoys bowser by drying up the lava. Boldness towards explosives and bullets show his courage.

Backgrorund: The birth of hydrodino was quite unexpected. During the raid on bowsers lava fields, his father threw a bubblebomb egg, but a koopa ate it. 5 seconds later, Hydrodino exploded out of the female koopa. (of course this was a raid, so too bad for you koopa) His papa grabbed the yoshi by the torso, and dashed towards his squad. He notified the commander that a baby was born, which was a ticket home. For 5 years, the dino trained to punch cheep cheeps. (obviously eat them too) After he became 7, the dad took him on a treasure hunt in the volcano. Hydro literally filled the whole thing with water, and put all of the jewels he found in his mouth. The next day, they heard about the secret bowser lab's destruction. Of course they knew the water yoshi's did that. They sent zapping bullets to the villages. (no effect obviously, because the current just passed right through them at the speed of sound.

Anyways he's 13 now, and lives with his dear father. His dad is only 27.

crusher169
Flurry
Flurry

Postby crusher169 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:18 am

Name: retro
species: Yoshi
appearance: a colour changing Yoshi wearing a black hooded jacket wit ha green hood, dark blue shorts and boots (boots colour also depends on the current Yoshi colour)
personality: depends on colour:
red: short tempered, easily angered, very ignorant and very bossy.
green: adventurous and curious, bold and usually willing to do stuff.
blue: calm, relaxed. doesn't get angry easily.
cyan: very calm and relaxed. doesn't get angry at all.
yellow: very bold and honest. attentive and doesn't easily get distracted.
pink: shy, caring, very friendly.
purple: bold and courageous but also friendly.
background: i was in a battle against kamek and his enlarged minions when suddenly his wand is knocked down
and shatters into pieces causing a supernova of magical energy flooding around the room, i then wake up as per usual thinking nothing had happened to me
when suddenly as i start looking at myself, my colour changes from its normal green to a blue colour, then to a red. Turns out, without warning I change colours and abilities (coloured Yoshi's have there respective abilities like in smbx)

side note: I looked through the list in the link joey put and I was so close to being an Australian stereotype kangaroo... but that's just cuz I am Australian xD
side note 2: http://www.mariowiki.com/Mii this was in the marioverse list, ANYONE CAN BE THEIR MII
last side note: http://www.mariowiki.com/Pikmin yep, truly marioverse

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Tue May 05, 2015 10:50 am

Name: Note The Boo (Or just Note)
Species: Boo
Appearance: An unusually small boo with a cyan wizard hat
Personality: Is into magic and music, likes to talk to people with similar interests. Doesn't like to meet new people, when around unfamiliar people he tries to hide anywhere he can. Surprisingly outgoing when with friends
Background: He is from a rich family that got torn apart when their mansion burnt down due to the mario brothers which stormed it, he lost everybody he knew and tried to find anything that could help him it took him years to even find one new friend, but in the end he had to find new friends which frightened him.

Hopefully this works i guess?
Last edited by Valentine on Fri May 08, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John The White Yoshi
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby John The White Yoshi » Tue May 05, 2015 11:13 am

I'm new to this thing, so don't hate on me for trying.

Name: Frost
Species: Yoshi (White)

Appearance: He's a white Yoshi with a dark green Mario cap, dark green shorts, a red shirt, and red boots as his clothing choice. His accessories are a pair of slick black frame glasses he uses to see (he's nearsighted) and a white glove on his right hand.

Personality: He likes most forms of music and plays video games on his own time. He's also very creative. He likes most people, the only exception is when someone makes fun of him or his friends and family. He hates Bowser with a passion and despises anyone who serve the evil Koopa king.

Background: His past is mostly unknown, but we do know this. He lost his family and the village he grew up in due to one of Bowser's invasions at a young age. Sadly because of his odd behavior, no bother to take in and care from the little dinosaur. One day, he met Yoshi and became friends with him instantly. His life took a turn for the better after Yoshi started to finish raising him, but he still wanted vengeance on Bowser and wanted to destroy anyone who serves him. He's been trained by Yoshi's tribe, and recently Mario himself in close quarters combat. He's mostly quiet, only speaking when it is his turn or gets out raged by someone's nonsensical judgement. His main weapon is a large copper hammer (The size of the ones the Mario Brothers carry) which was given to him by Luigi after saving his life from a horrible life-changing injury. Frost also has the ability to throw iceballs without the use of an Ice Flower through the power of his glove on his right hand. He can use an Ice Flower to power up the strength of his ice attacks. He is able to run at speeds similar to Yoshi's. Frost is one of the few Yoshis that prefers not to use his tongue in battle and his eggs explode on contact with anything.

EDIT: I had to edit this SO MANY TIMES, it's gotten old and it's no longer funny. If anyone wanted to know where the last part of that came from (The exploding eggs), is an ability Yoshi had in Yoshi's Island DS only when Baby DK was riding him.
Last edited by John The White Yoshi on Wed May 13, 2015 12:23 am, edited 12 times in total.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:20 pm

SuperWhiteYoshi64 wrote:I'm new to this thing, so don't hate on me for trying.

Name: Frost
Species: Yoshi (White)
Appearance a White Yoshi with a dark green Mario cap, dark green shorts, a red shirt, red Yoshi boots, and a pair of black frame glasses and a white glove on his right hand.
Personality: Likes most forms of music and playing video games on his own time. Can get very creative. He likes most people. The only exception is when someone makes funny of him, his friends and family, or autism in general. Hates Bowser with a passion.
Background: His past is mostly unknown, but we do know this. He's been trained by Yoshi's tribe, and recently Mario himself. He's mostly quiet, only speaking when it is his turn or gets out raged by someone's nonsensical judgement. He's has high functioning form of autism, Asperger's syndrome and tends to not understand a situation unless someone explains it clearly to a point where its "black and white". His main form of combat is melee, a large copper hammer (The size of the ones the Mario Brothers carry), fist fighting, and has the ability to throw iceballs without the use of an Ice Flower. He can use any power the Mario Brothers with the exception of the Super Leaf, and Statue Leaf (Tanooki Suit), he has to use a P-Wing or the Wing Cap to fly. Is also able to run as fast as Yoshi and jumps has high as Mario. He prefers not to use his tongue to fight. His special move is also unknown, but involve his hammer and swing it a rapidly fast speed.
Good to see you are participating! I just hope Joey can change my Bio to suit the Role-Play! I tried to change her a little for the same reason!

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Tue May 05, 2015 1:52 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Good to see you are participating! I just hope Joey can change my Bio to suit the Role-Play! I tried to change her a little for the same reason!
Joey's not going to fix it for you, you have to fix it for yourself.

Return to “Fan Fiction and Roleplaying”