M4: 'The Best Mafia Game' POSTGAME

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Re: M4: 'The Best Mafia Game' POSTGAME

Postby zioy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:06 pm

Joey wrote:This game was full of poor strategy. I know a lot of you are new at this, but posts like "I might know something secret, can X special PM me" should raise a red flag.

Mafia requires more analysis, strategy, and technicality/attention to detail than what was shown in this game. *kanyeshrug*

That's why I've been observing players to see their respective strategies. I think I'm prepared for M5. Just please make sure the game will start while I'm online :P

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:06 pm

Generally, only people that are involved with the game in question post in the postgame thread.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:07 pm

Yes, but I feel like sharing my thoughts here because I did watch the game very carefully.

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:09 pm

Joey wrote:Generally, only people that are involved with the game in question post in the postgame thread.
This was M2x2. Makes total sense. I knew everything by the end again but it was too late. Plus it was useless anyways considering I didnt play. I'll see what M5 has in store. If lucky I'll get a good role, or host, or something.

Ignoritus
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Ignoritus » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:12 pm

SonGohanssj2 wrote:
Joey wrote:Generally, only people that are involved with the game in question post in the postgame thread.
This was M2x2. Makes total sense. I knew everything by the end again but it was too late. Plus it was useless anyways considering I didnt play. I'll see what M5 has in store. If lucky I'll get a good role, or host, or something.
That's implying you actually knew anything in Mafia 2. You talked a lot about what you knew, got a bunch of innocents lynched, and then died.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:17 pm

If you want to discuss your views on the game as an outsider, the Mafia Discussion thread would be a better place.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:18 pm

OK. I will do just that :)

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:40 pm

Karl Marx wrote:
Pseudo-dino wrote:WHAT we mafias had this game in the bag! Eh we should've read the rules better I guess, it does say that the serial killer can counter-kill or whatever. Good game Ignoritus, and good game townspeople as well.
damnit you should have consorted igno ffffffff why didnt we think of that
I did consort him, but visiting the serial killer at all results in death. It backfired on me as well.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:50 am

Man i'm sure stupid ain't i? Well dang it. I don't have much to comment on. I died as early as possible

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:57 am

Can I say that Gohan were the one who got me lynched by making me suspicious for TNT, Bomber and GLuigiX by going around telling lies about me.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:14 am

I was actually thinking a lot while reading through mafia 4. I was completely wrong on all the things i suspected, and when i read through all the player's roles i was all like: Well i'm stupid. I'll probably do better in mafia 5. UNLESS MAFIA 5 HAS A GOD DAMN JESTER URGH

Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Karl Marx » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:31 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:
Karl Marx wrote:
Pseudo-dino wrote:WHAT we mafias had this game in the bag! Eh we should've read the rules better I guess, it does say that the serial killer can counter-kill or whatever. Good game Ignoritus, and good game townspeople as well.
damnit you should have consorted igno ffffffff why didnt we think of that
I did consort him, but visiting the serial killer at all results in death. It backfired on me as well.
What

So you can't nullify his ability to kill at night?

Well that sucks

Anphiba
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby Anphiba » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:13 pm

mmmmm I told you...
What's the point of sub's?
Nobody ever leaves...
leaf

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:17 pm

Joey wrote:
If you want to discuss your views on the game as an outsider, the Mafia Discussion thread would be a better place.

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Joey wrote:
Joey wrote:
This is a retarded limitation, someone who was spectating the mafia game could argue with people in the postgame threads, it's a dumb idea to completely switch topics to talk about a certain game

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:13 pm

^
I agree with this, the post game thread should be open to everyone. Having people post in Mafia Discussion only serves to make discussion more confusing.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:37 pm

I may have responded differently had his post been more insightful, maybe even offering a unique viewpoint of the game. But it wasn't.

Return to “Mafia”