M35: Frozen Solid Postgame

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Re: M35: Frozen Solid Postgame

Postby Valentine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:13 pm

If by stuck up you mean me saying "Fuck you" to witchking and shadowstar, or responding with salt.

The fuck you was actually pre-planned, and with the salt, you seriously need some sense of humor if you're annoyed by that.

In addition to that, I explained things with the game new people didn't understand in a completely non-sarcastic way.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:18 pm

I mean, technically this is a victory for me since I was Mafia, but since I died night 1, I didn't really do anything. Props to Yoshi021, ShadowStarX, and witchking666 for doing an excellent job as Mafia.

Next game, I really hope I'm Town to be honest. I've been Mafia so many times recently, so obviously I got what I wanted since before, I was always Town and wanted to be Mafia, but next time around, I want to be one of the good guys.

MacheTheFerret
Phanto
Phanto
Pronouns: she/her

Postby MacheTheFerret » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:22 pm

The /suicide thing was joke. Jesus fuck, people need to grow backbones.

I thought the game was going pretty well until everyone just died horribly. If you're playing a Mafia game where blue roles are basically guaranteed to be town, don't accept greens. Assumptions make an ass out of everyone involved.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:34 pm

PaperPlayerX wrote:The /suicide thing was joke. Jesus fuck, people need to grow backbones.

I thought the game was going pretty well until everyone just died horribly. If you're playing a Mafia game where blue roles are basically guaranteed to be town, don't accept greens. Assumptions make an ass out of everyone involved.
Maybe not blame everyone else? Because it didn't sound like a joke, it sounded like you being salty that you were about to die.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Sanct wrote:
PaperPlayerX wrote:The /suicide thing was joke. Jesus fuck, people need to grow backbones.

Maybe not blame everyone else? Because it didn't sound like a joke, it sounded like you being salty that you were about to die.
Totally agree. Don't ragequit Mafia games as it literally fucks them up,

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:37 pm

King of Eterity wrote:
Sanct wrote:

Totally agree. Don't ragequit Mafia games as it literally fucks them up,
that might be a little hypocritical coming from you :>

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:21 pm

OK I can explain... sort of. I did majorly screw up during this game on a couple of separate occasions and I'm really sorry about that. I did try my best as the hunter but my best was pretty far from being good enough. Here's what went down from my perspective. I call it

"Dr. Mechdragon, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Witchking"

So for the first couple of phases, up through Night 2, Waddle Derp and I were in contact. We didn't get ahold of any other blues or anything, and didn't talk too much in general cause there wasn't that much to talk about. The Soul Salesman apparently killed Zeldamaster which was great. After Waddle Derp died, I kinda panicked and decided to try and pump up rational decision making with that suspicion list. Obviously it turned out to be pretty off the mark but it still sort of got the job done I wanted it to, and got people talking. Being a townsperson, all of my thoughts in the suspicion list were legitimate and truthful, and were based on careful study of the thread. It wasn't accurate, but please throw me a bone here, it was still early in the game.

I'd like to clarify one thing, by the way. PLEASE do not suspect people for marking themselves as "not suspicious" in their suspicion lists. This is totally standard mafia practice, as it allows the suspicion list to cover every living player, and of course everyone is innocent to themselves. Also in general, please don't lynch people just for making suspicion lists. I'm not even salty - it didn't even get me lynched even if it sort of led to Nanaya Jacob getting lynched, but these are just bad practices.

During this day, Day 2, I was contacted by Jacob, who claimed wolf tamer. I saw this just as I claimed hunter to save myself, which worked. Jacob practically claimed in the thread as well, or at least it seemed that way to me, knowing he was the wolf tamer. I was literally on a plane so I couldn't stop Jacob from being lynched (I also didn't 100% believe him, since the SS could also inspect and impersonate the sheriff, and there was little I could do to tell the difference. I would have tried to defend him before even getting on the plane if I had better evidence he was the sheriff, but then again people hadn't started voting for him yet when I did).

Soon after Night 3 began, I was contacted by Mechdragon, who claimed Field Medic. This matched up with what I had observed, and there's no one who could impersonate the Field Medic so I largely believed him. witchking also contacted me separately at the same time, and claimed townsperson, revealing that he was allied with Mechdragon. After we all got in a group PM together I thought that witchking was probably telling the truth (although putting an unverified townsperson in a blue alliance is almost always a bad idea, which I recognized) since all three of us were still alive which seemed improbable if witchking were evil.

Supershroom also contacted me and claimed innkeeper. I discussed adding him to the alliance with Mech and witchking and we all agreed we should, but then Night 3 ended and both Mech and Shroom were dead. This should've made me seriously suspicious of witchking but I was naive. witchking tried to get me to kill PaperPlayer, as he was pretty sure PaperPlayer was the Soul Salesman, or maybe a mafioso. I agreed to this since I already had a shifty read on him. We lynched him on Day 3, and he cardflipped orange, so I was reasonably sure the Soul Salesman was dead. witchking suggested that I kill thehelmetguy on the next night but after thehelmetguy said more things, and PMed me with what I considered inaccurate but apparently legitimate strategy concerns we agreed that he just seemed inexperienced and not suspicious.

I had suspicions on RudeGuy due to his perceived unusual behavior for himself, and decided I should kill him. witchking agreed and I sent the ability PM. I knew I was screwed either way, but believed that witchking could carry the rest of the game if RudeGuy turned up red. He turned up green, though, and I knew the town was donezo. I was also distraught to learn that the Soul Salesman was still alive, and witchking PMed me, revealing that he was a mafia plant all along.

The moral of this story is: You CAN'T trust folks who claim to be townspeople without direct evidence. This is like, the main reason we lost. I'm serious. This basically ended up being Mafia 15 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo (that was the game where Joey infiltrated the blue alliance on Night 1). Unless a player has been inspected or they have shown themselves to be exceptionally trustworthy, such as by starting or participating early on a lynch of another mafia member, don't believe that anyone's truly on your side. That kind of trickery is what Mafia is all about, after all.

It's alright to ally with people to try to gain information, but you shouldn't necessarily trust people with your blue identity. That's a big, big risk.

Also, Sanct, why are you mad at witchking? I get it with ShadowStarX but I don't see what witchking did that was game breaking.

As for an actual game review, the rule abuses that happened were definite corner cases and I don't blame you for making them possible, Sanct. Things like this are difficult to anticipate. I liked the game design in general.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:27 pm

I was in the mafia discord channel before the main thing happened and witchking666 and shadowstar basically got the idea together.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Ah thanks, gotcha.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:01 pm

This is in response to both witchking and Sanct, and it also partially refers to the general attitude going on in this community:

One doesn't laughingly and "disparagingly" comment on how the game is going on or how first-time players make some slips with the rules when they host, and one also doesn't exaggeratedly use fouled language and act like a bowsie when they host. In fact don't do this ever. This had nothing to do with "making the game funny". If it was meant to be, it completely effected the opposite. The phase shift messages themselves for example were a creative and hilarious thing, and former hosts didn't need much more than that for a fun atmosphere. Quality humor and decent jokes like these, in addition with engaged and sincere playing from everyone, is what makes an ideal mafia game in terms of both quality and fun.

Danny and me are neither prim nor blinkered nor "easy to be triggered". I'm also nonserious from time to time and I also allow myself one or two poor-effort posts / offhand comments from time to time (on this forum in general), but I pay attention to do it in a considerable fashion, not where it devolves into downright abusive posting or even hurting people. I'm generally ALL for humour and hilarity, but not this unreasonable and inconsiderate way. I stand up against these indecencies where others ignore or even defend it.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Please stop getting so worked up, Shroom, it's unnecessary. Ragont and Nien hosted nearly the same way and it was still enjoyable. Hosts don't have to be absolutely serious, sonetimes jokes and whatnot make the game more exciting and funny.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Can you not act like you're the only word of reason in the whole fucking community, it's generally frustrating and annoying how you word your posts in a way to seem superior than everyone else and trick people into thinking your points have any value.

You can stop surrounding yourself with people who agree with you and shun everyone who doesn't as assholes or whatever, because that's not a good way to live life.

Why are you making such a big deal around "fouled language" or "indecent language", if you're over the age of like 12 these shouldn't bother you at all???

I had to get this off my chest because It's been building up for a while.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Pseudo wrote:"Dr. Mechdragon, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Witchking"
I'd buy it!
Pseudo wrote:Also, Sanct, why are you mad at witchking? I get it with ShadowStarX but I don't see what witchking did that was game breaking.
Because Shadowstar and I basically came up with the idea together.

Edit:
Also Pseudo and MECHDRAGON777, Im sorry people, but it's the game.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:03 pm

witchking666 wrote:
Pseudo wrote:"Dr. Mechdragon, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Witchking"
I'd buy it!
Pseudo wrote:Also, Sanct, why are you mad at witchking? I get it with ShadowStarX but I don't see what witchking did that was game breaking.

Edit:
@MECHDRAGON, how much is it?

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:09 pm

I also want to buy this. How much does it cost?

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Well... I can't really add to much to this discussion besides stating that the moment that we accidently lynched a blue, it told me we were screwed. It's just that i find it kind of
hard to contribute a bunch and talk alot When playing when i'm a townie. But GG i guess.

Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: :)
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Yoshi021 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:36 pm

hello!

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:55 pm

witchking666 wrote:Not everyone has to be dead serious you know, I quite liked the way Sanct hosted the game even though I am one of the people who broke his game. I think Sancts jokes made the game more fun to play actually. Well, I know you and Supershroom disagree with the way he wasn't all that serious, but why though. Either you guys get triggered way too easily or you just lack humour. Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but I don't really like it when people are hating on someone for being funny.
Sanct wrote:If by stuck up you mean me saying "Fuck you" to witchking and shadowstar, or responding with salt.

The fuck you was actually pre-planned, and with the salt, you seriously need some sense of humor if you're annoyed by that.

In addition to that, I explained things with the game new people didn't understand in a completely non-sarcastic way.
The problem is that my humor doesn't stem from insulting people, and I know Sanct does this constantly, so it's hard to differentiate it between open hostility and a "joke". I felt like Sanct was against us, and while I can say that not everyone has to be dead serious, I don't think all of Sanct's comments were necessary, as they disrupted the flow. On top of that, it seemed he had a bit of aggression towards RSuper when she had to be replaced and when thehelmetguy asked some questions, but if this is part of his "humor", I'm not going to judge him on that, it just seems like something that would turn away new players when they find their host is telling their players "fuck you".

I never said that everyone had to be dead serious, but not everyone is going to have the same level of humor as Sanct does, and when someone is hosting a Mafia game, you have to expect some level of responsibility from the host. If you've played on EpicMafia for long enough, you should know what I mean.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:46 pm

King of Eterity wrote:
witchking666 wrote:
I'd buy it!

Edit:
@MECHDRAGON, how much is it?
I need money, but it is not me.

Return to “Mafia”