M35: Frozen Solid Postgame

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

M35: Frozen Solid Postgame

Postby Valentine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:59 am

MAFIA 35: Frozen Solid
16 Players

The Mafia
Ice Spirit: Can freeze a player making them unable to speak the next day. if they get lynch voted the ice breaks killing the person who voted for them last instead of the person who was lynch voted.
Skeletal Miner: Can chase a person with his pickaxe blocking their role usage every night, can't target the same person twice consecutively. Can also once per game throw the pickaxe killing someone, but that makes him unable to use any powers for the rest of the game.
Banished Townie: Due to experience out in the wilderness, he can't be nightkilled.
Snow Golem: May cover up the fact that the mafia killed someone by covering them in snow once in the game. The death of the player will not be revealed on the next day if the golem does this.

The Town
Wolf Tamer: Can send out a wolf to inspect a player's color, if he targets the same player again he can tell the player his role privately.
Innkeeper: Can warm a player up at his inn protecting them from all ice-based powers.
Field Medic: Can save a player from dying every night.
Hunter: Can kill a player every night, if he kills a person alligned with the town he loses his ability for 1 night and his color changes to red for the same amount of time. In contact with his apprentice.
Hunter's Apprentice: Like a townie but red. In contact with the hunter. If the hunter dies he becomes the hunter, but his color won't change.
Townie: Works with other players to try to lynch the mafia
Townie:
Townie:
Townie:
Townie:
Ghostly Townie: Immune to nightkills.

Third Party
Soul Salesman: Immune to night kills. Can kill someone every night. Everytime he kills someone he gets their souls-
For 1 soul - he can inspect someone's color or roleblock them
For 2 souls - he can use someone else's ability (Role's power usage limits still apply, using hunter's ability won't result in multiple kills)
For 3 souls - he can stop all abilites from happening that night (excluding his night-kill)

He can nightkill aswell as using one of his soul abilities. (I thought this was obvious but apparently people can't think rationally)

Players:
1. Waddle Derp - Hunter's Apprentice
2. Syndrilvosse - Townie
3. Yoshi021 - Ice Spirit
4. Zeldamaster12 - Skeletal Miner
5. Spinda - Townie
6. MosaicMario - Townie
7. MECHDRAGON777 - Field Medic
8. PaperPlayerX - Ghost Townie
9. Nanaya Jacob - Walf Tamer
10. King of Eterity - Soul Salesman
11. Witchking666 - Asshole (also Snow Golem)
12. Supershroom - Innkeeper
13. ShadowStarX - Asshole #2 (also Banished Townie)
14. RudeGuy07 - Townie
15. Pseudo - Hunter
16. thehelmetguy1 - Townie

Role PMs:
Ice Spirit wrote:You are the Ice Spirit. Your job is to freeze people so that they can't show how utterly suspicious you are. If the person you freeze is already suspicious then that might also help.
Your team mates are:
Person
Person
ersonP
Skeletal Miner wrote:You are the Skeletal Miner. You have been sitting calmly in some mine somewhere until some jerk came and reanimated you. You can block people's roles by being spooky, or you can kill someone once.
Your teammates are:
Persooon
Person
Person
Banished Townie wrote:You are the Banished Townie. You were kicked out of the village and were forced to get up and actually do something about your situation. Your experience made you practically impossible to kill at night
Your teammates are:
Pe
op
le
Snow Golem wrote:You are the Snow Golem. You used to be a regular snow man, but some jerk decided to add like 2 tons of snow and now you're really mad. You can dig someone's grave and nobody will notice that someone died last night.
Your teammates are:
Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeople
Peoooooooooooooooooooooooooooople
peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Wolf Tamer wrote:You are the Wolf Tamer. You are a very animal-friendly individual. You can send out one of your wolves to sniff out someone's color (somehow). If you know the color of a person then you can also send out a wolf to prove you're the wolf tamer to the person.
Innkeeper wrote:You are the Innkeeper. You own the only inn in the village, because this village is tiny. You have a fire in the middle of the inn on which you can protect people from anything ice-related.
Field Medic wrote:You are the Field Medic. You are the only person who got a higher education in the whole village. You can save a person each night.
Hunter wrote:You are the Hunter. You're the guy who brings the food to the village, and by food I mean dead animals. You can kill a person each night using your hunting equipment. If you hit a townie, then you're gonna get your equipment taken away for a night. Your apprentice is Dude Guy
Hunter's Apprentice wrote:You are the Hunter's. You're not extremely profficient with the hunting equipment so people don't entirely trust you. But the hunter (person) trusts you enough to give you his equipment when he dies (somehow). You're still gonna remain very suspicious in everyone's eyes though.
Townie wrote:You are a Townie. You'll be working with the rest of the village to lynch off the mafia.
Ghostly Townie wrote:You are the Ghostly Townie. You died a long time ago, so people are pretty spooked by you, you can't properly die, but if you get lynched you will leave due to how nice you are.
Soul Salesman wrote:You are the Soul Salesman. You are a worker for the underworld, you've stumbled across this village and feel as if it's a good opportunity for you to get more souls. You can kill someone each night and gain their souls.
I hate 2 people, guess which.

Player Analysing:

Waddle Derp: Didn't get to do much due to bad luck.

Syndrilevosse: Didn't post a lot for some reason, but hey at least it was more than who got replaced so there was a reason for the replacement.

Yoshi021: Kinda just hung out with the mafia and planned, didn't get too involved in the main thread, but the plans he made along the rest of the mafia were pretty good.

Zeldamaster: He died night one unfortunately for the effort I put into the role.

Spinda: Died night one oh boy fun.

MosaicMario: He didn't contribute much, I don't have much to say.

MECHDRAGON777: You really tried to contribute and did pretty well, but why did you even fucking think about getting a potential "green" into the blue alliance. This cost the town the game most likely

PaperPlayerX: You were on the right track except like parallel to it. You tried setting up an alliance with thehelmetguy1 as the most untrustworthy town role so uh, that was dumb.

Nanaya Jacob: Your english kind of damaged your defense, but I can't judge you for that since it's kinda obvious you have a hard time with it. You tried, have a star made of crumbling hopes and dreams.

King of Eterity: You didn't need to vote 3 times for one person. Also thanks for shortening the game, makes it easier on me. You did hide yourself very well good jbo.

Witchking666: Fuck you

Supershroom: You contributed to the town kinda I guess? You posted less, but you made less logical leaps than most of the town and kept your logic grounded, or something.

ShadowStarX: Fuck You

RudeGuy07: I mean, you existed? You tried to keep the town from make any more logical leaps but didn't provide enough logic of your own.

Pseudo: Your situation was very bad, and I can't blame you for it. But you revealing your role kind of made the mafia learn all of the blues. Other than that you were better than most people, good job.

TheHelmetGuy1: You have the right mindset for mafia, but please condense your thoughts into one post instead of 13.
Last edited by Valentine on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Re: M35: Frozen Solid Postgame

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:00 am

I was 95% sure he was the Wolf.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:01 am

Sancc wrote:I hate 2 people, guess which.
Which? Woah. How dare you treat people like objects, you monster. Also your game is broken.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:01 am

Sanct wrote: 9. Nanaya Jacob - Walf Tamer
I approve ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:01 am

I guess that outburst was warranted now, fuck.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:09 am

Are you going to do a player analysis?

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 am

Yes, meanwhile, have so waiting music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhgsFCy2uvY&t=157s

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:15 am

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:24 am

da best pm I hav evur sen in mah entire life
Last edited by Thehelmetguy1 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:37 am

Sorry for trusting Witchking666 from night1

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:42 am

Sorry for almost always doing 4 posts to explain my point. But I guess I did well for my first mafia game.
Last edited by Thehelmetguy1 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:44 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Sorry for trusting Witchking666 from night1
We make mistakes. I almost lynched the hunter, for example.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:52 am

thehelmetguy1 wrote:Sorry for almost always doing 4 posts to explain my point. But I guess I did well for my first mafia game.
You did, the first mafia game I played I was stupid enough to send a fucking screenshot of role PM to Waddle derp (who was a villain).

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:57 am

witchking666 wrote:
thehelmetguy1 wrote:Sorry for almost always doing 4 posts to explain my point. But I guess I did well for my first mafia game.
You did, the first mafia game I played I was stupid enough to send a fucking screenshot of role PM to Waddle derp (who was a villain).
I did the same thing you did this game just without the screenshot.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:39 am

First I was silenced for Day 2, for me it was somewhat clear that Pseudo and Jacob were innocent, and before I could write up something Night 3, the phaseshift happened and I was dead. I actually targeted myself Night 3, didn't made a difference in the end.

And again, someone suicided (PPX), showing no sportsmanship at all. No matter if you're innocent or not, but especially if you're innocent, you defend yourself and keep trying. If you've really tried hard enough and you're finally sick of it, then just don't post further. Additionally on his situation the town really was under compulsion. The lynch was pretty much the only chance to take.

The ending was bad. All those "shit, we're fucked" posts didn't help anything at all, and KoE also threw the game away (maybe he could have kept his chances alive, he should have tried at least).

Lastly Sanct, I've really not been overly serious with you, but your loutish behaviour was simply over the top.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:51 am

Spoiler: show

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:51 am

Supershroom wrote:First I was silenced for Day 2, for me it was somewhat clear that Pseudo and Jacob were innocent, and before I could write up something Night 3, the phaseshift happened and I was dead. I actually targeted myself Night 3, didn't made a difference in the end.

And again, someone suicided (PPX), showing no sportsmanship at all. No matter if you're innocent or not, but especially if you're innocent, you defend yourself and keep trying. If you've really tried hard enough and you're finally sick of it, then just don't post further. Additionally on his situation the town really was under compulsion. The lynch was pretty much the only chance to take.

The ending was bad. All those "shit, we're fucked" posts didn't help anything at all, and KoE also threw the game away (maybe he could have kept his chances alive, he should have tried at least).

Lastly Sanct, I've really not been overly serious with you, but your loutish behaviour was simply over the top.
It did, we knew you died that night becuase of it. (Snow Golem (Witchking666)) hid your death...
Sanct wrote:
Spoiler: show
Nice Sodium Chloride.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:53 am

He might've had to remind me to show him properly.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:59 am

The concept of the game seemed interesting, but it became heavily unbalanced with that exploit. On top of this, the host (Sanct) had some pretty hostile and unwelcoming behavior, and while I can understand saying something as part of a joke, it's really a turn off when the host doesn't take the game seriously and acts stuck-up to the players. I cant say much because I was just a substitute, but there was really no strategy that took place in this game, and we only managed to get a town alliance by the end when it was too late. I think more games need to utilize a middle-man sort of role for the town (like the Mason role or something similar) so blue alliances are easier to accomplish, because nobody has any sort of trust in anyone, especially with the way some of the players act, not naming anyone in particular.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Syndrilevosse wrote:On top of this, the host (Sanct) had some pretty hostile and unwelcoming behavior, and while I can understand saying something as part of a joke, it's really a turn off when the host doesn't take the game seriously and acts stuck-up to the players.
Not everyone has to be dead serious you know, I quite liked the way Sanct hosted the game even though I am one of the people who broke his game. I think Sancts jokes made the game more fun to play actually. Well, I know you and Supershroom disagree with the way he wasn't all that serious, but why though. Either you guys get triggered way too easily or you just lack humour. Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but I don't really like it when people are hating on someone for being funny.

Return to “Mafia”