M25: The Mafia Awakens - Postgame! (player analysis!)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Re: M25: The Mafia Awakens - Postgame!

Postby underFlo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:56 am

Alright can you not kill me N1 next game pls kthxbye

gg 8flight and TNT tho, from what I've seen this seemed like a very enjoyable game!

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:19 am

I told you mafia would win if you lynched me

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:03 am

wow

a+ defense

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:46 am

Well I mean I wasn't lying.

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:49 am

i mean it really doesnt help that you dodge the first lynch then do nothing productive afterwards to prove your innocence

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:51 am

I couldn't think of any way to defend myself

Delete if Allowed 2
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby Delete if Allowed 2 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Sanct wrote:I couldn't think of any way to defend myself
1. Don't you think it's suspicious out of all the people who made suspicion lists, 8flight didn't make one.
2. If 8flight trusts you so much, why did he not go with the idea of pming Sanct instead of TNT?

There 2 defenses.

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Well... its been a while since we had an intense mafia gane like this
Everyone is rusty as a result
Gg gg

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:07 pm

I'm sorry for being inactive, it’s because usually days came when I was sleeping or I had school.
This was still a good game though.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Re: M25: The Mafia Awakens - Postgame! (player analysis)

Postby Julia Pseudo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:28 am

Player analysis

(also added to first post)

Joey: He played a central role in the blue alliance's formation and also managed to come into contact with the Sheriff late in the game. He was also active on the IRC and elsewhere, and overall played effectively as always.

Marina: The Vigilante, never used her ability but was fairly effective otherwise. Her blue-ness did allow her to become affiliated with the other blues early in the game though she was killed off on Night 2. Active on IRC, so that was good.

Jacob: Jacob was too resistant to team up with the other blues which really did not look good on him. Though he was the Double Voter, he did not take the possibility of being a blue leader very seriously based on Joey's actions in M16, even though said alliance was largely effective. I believe that the town may have been more successful had Jacob been slightly more trusting in those whom he had evidence for trusting. Activity was good, though.

Mivixion: Only inspected greens as the Sheriff, except when roleblocked on the later nights. He was somewhat inactive, though he did keep contact with the other blues. Although his suspicions that he used for inspections were fairly logical, they didn't turn out that well, but it's not necessarily his fault.

Sanct: Too defeatist; if he had presented any evidence for his innocence the town may not have lost on Day 5. Looking at his lynch votes, it's easy to see why he was suspected as Mafia as well. Activity was good though, it seems he just became frustrated at the end of the game and accidentally made himself a target.

MECHDRAGON777: Gave himself away as Mafia early on Day 1 with highly suspicious comments. His activity and contribution to the Mafia's planning was good overall while he stayed alive, but he should attempt to be more circumspect when discussing blue roles in the future (whether he's Mafia or not).

8flight: Turns out that he's actually the MVP! While TNT was the frontman of the Mafia, 8flight was the real mastermind who orchestrated much of the late game (as well as doing some sneaky stuff earlier on in the game). He managed to almost totally avoid suspicion in all this as well, which is very impressive. Well played, 8flight, hope to have you back!

Zeldamaster12: He was the town's SMVP (second most valuable player). He provided one of the most level heads in the town during the early game, and was very active especially on IRC. He was the first to provide a suspicion list, which, while not particularly accurate, did shed a light on Lyrin who was rightfully lynched (he also got evidence from IRC for this).

Nien: Town MVP without a doubt; everything he did was obviously well thought out. He made a suspicion list that was almost completely innaccurate, but made sense in content, and led the town in the lynch against Mechdragon as well as casting an early vote on Lyrin. Definitely proved himself as a townsperson (though he was the Miller, he survived through the whole game and was never inspected so it didn't matter).

PixelPest: Pretty OK showing for a first-timer in Mafia, but it's understandable why he got himself lynched - make sure you don't consistently vote near the end of the day, it looks like you're just jumping on! More activity would also be great though it's not like you were never around.

Lyrin: Extremely inactive in the thread but active on IRC - still, contributing in the thread is important so please do that more if you return in the future, Lyrin! She did plan with the Mafia on the first few nights from what I understand so that was good. She was later used as a scapegoat by the other mafiosos, which doesn't usually look good. Just make sure you say more in the thread!

TNTtimelord: I thought he was the MVP, but that's actually 8flight apparently, so I guess he is the SMVP. He acted as the frontman of the mafia and disguised himself very well, earning him a spot on both Zeldamaster and Nien's suspicion lists as innocent, relatively speaking (Nien actually wrote him in as "IDK"). His suspicion list was top-notch from a mafia perspective and his people skills were also great - nice job staying hidden all the way to the end, seriously.

Spinda: Died Night 1, but was active on that night.

RudeGuy07: Pretty inactive even though he was signed on as a backup. I can understand why he was lynched, it was a bit of an awkward entrance. Still, talking more may have saved you!

phase analysis probably tomorrow

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Re: M25: The Mafia Awakens - Postgame! (player analysis!)

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:26 am

If 8flight is the real MVP, why have you not edited it in the main post? (Sorry if bis sounds rude)...

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:35 am

how in the world am i the mvp when i threw the game LMAO

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:43 am

If you want, Pseudo, you can award three MVPs - one for the Town, one for Mafia, and one overall.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:18 am

8flight is the overall MVP - I just meant that Nien was the town MVP because he was the most central to the town's plans - perhaps it's an incorrect term.

By the way Mechdragon, TNT was still listed as MVP because I'm lazy - I forgot to remove that last night. It's fixed now.

Delete if Allowed 2
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby Delete if Allowed 2 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:27 pm

when are we going to get phase analyses?

Return to “Mafia”