SUPER Cataclysmic Castle (Skill tester)

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

SUPER Cataclysmic Castle (Skill tester)

Postby Superiorstar » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:05 pm

My response to this video by MECHDRAGON777:
https://youtu.be/b-f_P40Fv9w
This is a VERY hard level that deseveres the name.
Spoiler: show
Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/564pba
I hope you enjoy your pain, also if you make a video of you beating this level without god-mode on, you get a trophy.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Re: SUPER Cataclysmic Castle (Skill tester)

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Superiorstar wrote:My response to this video by MECHDRAGON777:
https://youtu.be/b-f_P40Fv9w
This is a VERY hard level that deseveres the name.
Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/564pba
I hope you enjoy your pain, also if you make a video of you beating this level without god-mode on, you get a trophy.
Okay, I will do it! You know I an the best Peach player!
I made it halfway trough section three. The red coin bridge is he hardest oart so far! be key is the end, and I got to it...
I am going to review this level as well, since I found so many uga with this level!

Massive update!
I decided to upload the first 2 hours and 46 minutes by itself, and this is becuase tge reocrding is filling up my drive! I hink the video itself is causeing my lag...

Update: I have recorded four hours total and died to the last bullet in te level...

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:33 am

Sorry for double posting, but as the only one who has beaten the level to my knowledge, I will go ahead and make my review...

the level is as hard as you advertised, but this is not the hardest level I have beaten, and the hardest level I beaten (in my signiture) is not the hardest level I played... Anyway, regaurdless of difficulty, there is not to much npc/harmfull object variety!
  • spikes
  • luck based hammer brothers
  • thwomps
  • bowser statues
  • chaseing red koopas

There are falling platforms, but you can beat the entie level woth only useing two or three if you are skilled enough! The entire first part is optional as well. I do not know if it isintintional or not, but you an jump to the top and skip the entire first section! The level is impossible without doing this as well, whic makes me ask, did you even test it all in one live? The bowser statues at the end with the two keys are actualy a bit kore difficult this time with the spikes on there head, but becuase of bowser statues + lava = nothing, you have a floatin spike. The bullet bill wall is near impossible to get through, but I did it both ways, float and make a pixle perfect drop, and draw the bullets, and quickly hover to unlok the next/last gate. The six chaseing koopas is a bit over kill with he narrow one limmit!

Also, after the first twomp where you see the bowser statue, you can slide inder the spike wall an glitch through... The spikes made sone parts of the level easier, even the optional beggining!

By the way, the tiner is near impossible to beat in 100 seconds without stoping for the koopas, or the key section, or even the last hammer brother...

Also, I know this is cheating, but you can fly under the entire level with a fairy, blue shoe, or leaf... Can you fix that? Anyway, I think this deserves a

Fair 4/10 (Average)

Anyway, i liked he level an the video will come within a few days, I was recording for about six hours and noone wants a six hour video on ONE level... I speed it up about 32 times notmal speed to get it to about 10 minutes of 1.000+ deths/failurs! (It was longer then 10 minutes, but still...)

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:07 pm

About the secret jump I didn't know that peach could jump that high, I'll update it soon.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:29 pm

Superiorstar wrote:About the secret jump I didn't know that peach could jump that high, I'll update it soon.
??? Just for the information, It is impossible without doing so... Speed running through the third section as fast as possible barely gives me enough time... 100 seconds is very slim...

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Really, let me try.
Tries*
No kidding, I'll have to put it back to 1:20, and the bullet bills will have to get removed or moved.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:56 pm

Superiorstar wrote:Really, let me try.
Tries*
No kidding, I'll have to put it back to 1:20, and the bullet bills will have to get removed or moved.
See my point! That bullet bill wall is possible t speed run through, but that is pixel perfect! 100 seconds is 1:40, why would you reduce it by 20 seconds?

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:21 pm

I forgot you use central time.
I meant 1:20 as in 1 minute 20 seconds.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Superiorstar wrote:I forgot you use central time.
That's what he meant, too???

Also, not a fan of levels that have insane difficulty first and good level design last.

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:35 pm

Nickname wrote:
Superiorstar wrote:I forgot you use central time.
That's what he meant, too???

Also, not a fan of levels that have insane difficulty first and good level design last.
Don't worry I'll get bosseditor to review it.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:32 pm

Is this the kaizo level you made? IF yes you really will have to beg bosseditor to play it, since he doesn't really like those also.

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Bosseditor did the other kaizo levels he's use to them now.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:10 pm

Superiorstar wrote:Bosseditor did the other kaizo levels he's use to them now.
He isn't an LJ anymore though, but I'm sure his review would be approved if he reviewed it.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Nickname wrote:
Superiorstar wrote:Bosseditor did the other kaizo levels he's use to them now.
He isn't an LJ anymore though, but I'm sure his review would be approved if he reviewed it.
I also gave a review... You can use that...

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Wed May 06, 2015 10:47 pm

Superiorstar wrote:About the secret jump I didn't know that peach could jump that high
Holy crap, dude, did you even read my review of the original Cataclysmic Castle? That was one of the reasons I brought up as to why the second section was so boring! Do you even care about making good levels?
Superiorstar wrote:I'll update it soon.
It has been two weeks, and no update.

Anyway, my review of SUPER Cataclysmic Castle
Well, on one hand, you were able to take the boring parts of the original and make them challenging (like section 1, etc.), but on the other hand, you took the unfair parts and made them even more unfair! The worst part is that you did this knowingly, since the only reason this exists is because you got upset when MECHDRAGON777 called your level easy (yet you didn't have any reaction when I called your level boring, but that's because you obviously didn't read my review since you apparently don't care about improving your levels). Normally, I'd go into detail as to why your level is terrible (like how avoiding the hammer bro sprite-swaps is purely luck based), but since this was only made out of spite, on top of the fact that you obviously didn't test the level (or test it well enough) before releasing it (as evidenced by this post), I'm just going to give this a 0/10 and call it a day.

Summary:
GOOD:
-Graphics aren't terrible.
-Music fits the level okay.

BAD:
---PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING ELSE.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
Superiorstar wrote:About the secret jump I didn't know that peach could jump that high
Holy crap, dude, did you even read my review of the original Cataclysmic Castle? That was one of the reasons I brought up as to why the second section was so boring! Do you even care about making good levels?
Superiorstar wrote:I'll update it soon.
It has been two weeks, and no update.

Anyway, my review of SUPER Cataclysmic Castle
Well, on one hand, you were able to take the boring parts of the original and make them challenging (like section 1, etc.), but on the other hand, you took the unfair parts and made them even more unfair! The worst part is that you did this knowingly, since the only reason this exists is because you got upset when MECHDRAGON777 called your level easy (yet you didn't have any reaction when I called your level boring, but that's because you obviously didn't read my review since you apparently don't care about improving your levels). Normally, I'd go into detail as to why your level is terrible (like how avoiding the hammer bro sprite-swaps is purely luck based), but since this was only made out of spite, on top of the fact that you obviously didn't test the level (or test it well enough) before releasing it (as evidenced by this post), I'm just going to give this a 0/10 and call it a day.

Summary:
GOOD:
-Graphics aren't terrible.
-Music fits the level okay.

BAD:
---PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING ELSE.
Looks like I was too genourous wih my score... Anyway, I also did not read te other review, so sorry!

Wkay
Spike
Spike

Postby Wkay » Sun May 24, 2015 6:41 pm

I accept the challenge, just hope I don't get my face mashed six hundred and sixty six times otherwise s**t goes down.

Return to “The Trash Can”