Cacazk Bosses

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
Cacazk
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Cacazk Bosses

Postby Cacazk » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:30 pm

Hello :D, I'm creating several bosses to mount a mini-episode, which will be just to fight them. So if you want to play each of them, here ta part 1 it:

Screens:
Spoiler: show
Sorry the graphics, soon to be corrected!
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/clmyq ... Bosses.zip

Commands:
 -Mage Link is playable with the link

JupiHornet
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Re: Cacazk Bosses

Postby JupiHornet » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:56 pm

These. Look. Amazing.
Could an actual good boss rush be in progress?

I'll be sure to check these out!

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Hey, it's been a while since someone uploaded custom bosses to the Levels sub-forum! Maybe this pack has a good idea...

Mage Link

First of all, it's in Portuguese, meaning anyone who doesn't understand Portuguese (most of the people here, I'd imagine) won't be able to read the text without using an online translator. However, that won't affect your score; what will affect your score is the fact that the boss is literally just three SMB3 Bowser sprite-swaps in a row, and that's lazy and tedious, no matter who the player is supposed to play as. 0/10.

Monster Block

It's a Mother Brain sprite-swap with block properties that moves along the room's borders. There are also green-spiny-sphere-generators that the player has to freeze and use as weapons. It's...okay, I guess. If the player moves left instead of right at first, the boss will push the second ice flower through the wall and it will fall off-screen. Also, if the player loses both ice power-ups, the fight becomes impossible and the player has to commit suicide. While it's not a terrible custom boss, it's not exactly the most impressive, either. 4/10.

Mutant Piranha Plant

This boss is the worst of them all. For starters, although the level offers the player two power-ups, most of the boss's arena is lava, meaning the player isn't able to collect the power-up in the item box and make it back to safety. Second, the first part of the fight requires the player to throw a rainbow shell at three Wart sprite-swaps, but the Wart sprite-swaps are positioned in such a way that only one can be hit at a time, and their projectiles will often prevent the player from being able to jump down and grab the rainbow shell again, making that part of the fight take longer than necessary. Finally, the last part of the boss is just a Mother Brain sprite-swap, a Rinka generator, and a green-spiny-sphere-projectile-generator; however, not only is the generator's delay off-sync with the Rinkas, but it's also placed on the opposite side of the safe-zone as the lava, making it extremely difficult to dodge on top of needing to hit the Mother Brain sprite-swap with the rainbow shell and jump down to get the shell again. 0.5/10 (although this is the worst boss in the pack, it gets half a point for effort).

Sand Golem

This is the second-worst boss in the pack. The eye is a Mother Brain sprite-swap and there are invisible Rinka generators on the hands with a random Galoomba generator on the mouth. This much of the fight isn't that bad, but after a few seconds, the sand will rise without warning, and since the player is busy trying to avoid the Rinka sprite-swaps, this will often catch the player off guard, causing the player to end up one unit below the surface; since quicksand greatly reduces the player's momentum, this part of the fight basically forces the player to wait for the sand to lower before being able to fight again. Also, if the sand rises right when a Rinka has been spawned, there's almost no way for the player to avoid it. Plus, there are no power-ups, so a single hit kills the player. Finally, instead of having the Rinka generators disappear when the sand rises (with the defeat of the boss warping the player to a duplicate section), you have the Rinka generators move down, and if a Rinka is spawned while the generator is moving down (which happens at the same time as the sand rising), there is almost no way the player will be able to avoid the Rinka. 1/10.

Spaceship Boss

Wow, this is actually a decent boss! The unused airship piece (npc-290) is quite buggy, but it works for what this fight is. The laser cannons also help to make the fight unique and challenging. My only complaint is the electricity barrier; the laser cannons give the boss plenty of defense by consistently moving in front of it, but that combined with the electricity barrier just leaves too small a window of opportunity to attack the boss. If you remove the electricity barrier, this would be a Pretty Good boss. 5.5/10.

Water Boss

This isn't a boss; it's just lava in a neat shape that chases the player without enough warning. Add a sign or a text box or something; the red arrows and sound effect aren't enough! The level is also annoying because certain platforms will move without warning, throwing off the player's jumps; have the platforms move as soon as they come on-screen instead of when the player jumps on them. Plus, since the lava creature moves at Mario's top running speed, there's no time for the player to react to these sudden movements, especially the platform at the end that moves up. There are even a couple of blind-jumps in the level. Also, there are grey lines on the left side of the background which I'm sure weren't intended to be there. 2.5/10.

By the way, where's "Chain Chomp Escape" from? I can't find it with a simple Google search.

In conclusion:

Spaceship Boss was almost Pretty Good and Monster Block wasn't too bad, but the others had too many problems. The average score of the bosses is 2.25/10.

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Man, this makes me want to post one of my bosses.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:25 pm

Coincidentally my episode has a boss that is just like the water one, only mine isn't just a chase but it also has actual, y'know, boss elements to it? Maybe I'll release a Boss Rush after my episode is released.

Return to “The Trash Can”