The Superstar Saga Airship!

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
luigi08
Rex
Rex
Pronouns: he/him

The Superstar Saga Airship!

Postby luigi08 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:28 pm

What's up guys?
I'm bringing a level I did last year.
it uses the graphics in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga! (only Mario, enemies and some blocks)
At that time, did not know much about smbx. So if something is wrong, sorry.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show

That's just the beginning, if you want to know how it continues, I watch it yourself.
You liked it?
Download:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/sg0s6t

I hope you like it!

KateBulka
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Flair: Bun~
Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Superstar Saga Airship!

Postby KateBulka » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:14 am

I think this can be moved average from as score
3.5/10 - Average
Edit: Sorry for not full review
Edit 2: Sorry for that topic
Last edited by KateBulka on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:24 am

MyNameIsEric52 wrote:I think this can be moved average from as score
3.5/10 - Average
Edit: Sorry for not full review
Just giving him a score doesn't help anyone in any way. Please write a few sentences of what you liked/disliked about the level so he can improve.

KateBulka
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Flair: Bun~
Pronouns: she/her

Postby KateBulka » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:46 am

Here Many Bugs/Clash and this level NOT have design

h2643
Birdo
Birdo

Postby h2643 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:00 am

If the level doesn't have any design, that means there's absolutely nothing in the level? You could say that it does have a good/bad level design, but not that since it doesn't make sense.

luigi08
Rex
Rex
Pronouns: he/him

Postby luigi08 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:47 am

MyNameIsEric52 wrote:Here Many Bugs/Clash
I have no bugs when I test it, I do not know what happened.
AND I said that I did when I was YOUNGER. Sorry.
MyNameIsEric52 wrote:and this level NOT have design
What?
I have an idea! I can do it again, as a remake!

Giantfirering27
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Giantfirering27 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:01 am

I'm seeing clashes everywhere, But I can understand you were younger, and probably didn't know much about clashing, But Since your thinking about remaking it, maybe make some graphics that look like they are from that certain game, instead of the graphics that stick out of place, such as SMB1, SMB2, SMB3 all together in one. Also Don't feel ashamed, I was just like you then I learned my mistakes thanks to the community (but apparently the community doesn't like jokes :P) That said, I wish the best of Luck to you and your future content.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:04 am

Giantfirering27 wrote:I'm seeing clashes everywhere, But I can understand you were younger, and probably didn't know much about clashing, But Since your thinking about remaking it, maybe make some graphics that look like they are from that certain game, instead of the graphics that stick out of place, such as SMB1, SMB2, SMB3 all together in one. Also Don't feel ashamed, I was just like you then I learned my mistakes thanks to the community (but apparently the community doesn't like jokes :P) That said, I wish the best of Luck to you and your future content.

Mixing styles =/= clash. Sometimes it is, but not in this level.

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:08 am

This level may not have clash, but it does have badly-imported graphics. I don't know why you (added/left in) the bright border for the custom sprites because they don't look good juxtaposed to that dark background. Plus, the Koopa shells spin even when they're not moving.

And now, my review of The Superstar Saga Airship!

Even ignoring the graphics, this level has plenty of flaws. Near the beginning, when you have the player rocket out of the pipe, the platforms don't disappear, which will cause first-time players to get crushed between the invisible blocks and the bottom of the airship. The ? block needed to get to the secret exit has no indication, and the secret exit is just sort of there; it barely provides any additional challenge. The line-rider section is annoying because, due to the dark background, it's impossible to predict where the line-rider will go, which makes that part more difficult than it should be. The part where the player has to run from the flying Koopa shells is just plain annoying, but it can be broken by either taking a hit (if the player has a mushroom) or running fast enough to get the shells off-screen and de-spawn them. Also, whenever you use water in this level, you have the collision boxes half-a-unit too high, causing the player to be affected by it even when on land. This is especially annoying during the Birdo fight, partly because the eggs don't spawn where the sprite-swap's mouth is, but mainly since Mario can barely jump high enough to get on top of the eggs in the first place.

Moving on: having NPCs that are normally used as enemies (and even actually used as enemies earlier in the level!) shouldn't be used as friendly NPCs. There are NPCs specifically made to be intuitively friendly; use them instead. The P-Switch run is way too short, and it's made all the more annoying since the player has to wait for the time to run out before being able to proceed. Also, the way the "mone" blocks are positioned may make the player think that a door will appear above the coin bridge at some point. Despite all of these flaws, Section 16 is the worst part of the level; not only does the player have to guess which path to take without any way to know which is correct besides trial and error, but choosing the wrong path results in death, sometimes not even a quick one, meaning the player would just have to sit there until he/she died. I recommend removing that section entirely. Finally, the fight against Larry can easily be broken by standing on the block above the key-wall, and the fight against Ludwig is unintuitive because you have Bullet Bills come out of ? blocks in the wall.

In conclusion:

This would be a decent attempt at a first level if it weren't filled with flaws. In conclusion, I'd say this deserves a 2.5/10 (it would have been Average if it weren't for Section 16).

Baconator2558

Postby Baconator2558 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:28 pm

The Link is broken. Can we have a new one?

Return to “The Trash Can”