[SMBX-38A] Super LWave

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
HengShao
Rex
Rex

[SMBX-38A] Super LWave

Postby HengShao » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:30 am

This level is an unconventional level that uses a different mechanism from that of regular Mario games. With a Fast Retry mechanism, rescripted physic, new moves, and somewhat tricky level designs, this level will present you with an all-new experience!
In this level, you'll need to play as Luigi, who enters an eerie cyber dimension for an unknown reason. Let him break through all dangers and obstacles with his new moves: Wall Jump and Double Jump.
This level is inspired by some indie hardcore 2D platform games, like Super Meat Boy and Celeste, to a great extent. And the aesthetic of this level is slightly influenced by the Vaporwave style(Mainly Cyberpunk style and 3D-rendered objects with a Neon atmosphere).
I still have many ideas yet to be used at this level, so this level may only be the first part of this level collection. Stay tuned for new details of this collection(If I still have the time and energy to make them)! I hope you can enjoy this level!

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qtrwv3kj ... e.rar/file
(Need to use SMBX 1.4.5 Patch 31.1 to play)

Screenshots:

Credits:
BGM/SFX Source:
Spoiler: show
BGM Source: March Of The White Knights - Composed by Garoad, from VA-11 HALL-A COMPLETE SOUND COLLECTION
SFX Source: Celeste
GFX Credits:
SMW Neon Tileset and BGO: SonicKade2048, Gemmaster, bonglorio
Arrows Sign: Squishy Rex
Super Green Star: JDaster64
Neon Luigi GFX: HengShao (based on Lx Xzit's Remastered SMB3 Luigi GFX and CursedMario's some of Luigi's extra move GFX)
Script Credits:
Better Physic script: Slash-18
Custom Jump script: Kurobon '94
Improved Wall Jump script: Lx Xzit
New Camera mechanism: HengShao (based on Nested Ernest's script of camera following NPC, special thanks to method suggested by Slash-18)
Fast Retry, Pseudo-3D Background, Double Jump, Telescope Block and so on: HengShao
You can press F12 in your keyboard to take a screenshot when passing this level, to save your record(Including time used and death count) and share your best record here!

LooKiCH
Tweeter
Tweeter
Pronouns: he/him

My gameplay of Super LWave

Postby LooKiCH » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:36 am

Watch
P.S. Input overlay was displayed through OBS Studio due to impossibility to edit the level; lvl info at the start, total death counter and total speedrun timer at the end was displayed through montage

TheIridium
Goomba
Goomba
Pronouns: he/him

Re: [SMBX-38A] Super LWave

Postby TheIridium » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:09 pm

uhh, your level is good, but, there's whoosh when you jump, wall jump, i need to press z to jump in CVMSheep's level SMBX.

Return to “Levels”