Help on custom sprites with world editor.

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Biscuit
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Help on custom sprites with world editor.

Postby Biscuit » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:12 pm

I've just learned how to add custom tilesets and sprites but I can't seem to add them to the world editor. There's no custom block IDs for Terrain tiles and now I'm lost. I need help on this.

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: Help on custom sprites with world editor.

Postby deice » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:24 pm

there is no custom range for world map items. the only customization available for them in vanilla smbx2 is a feature where existing tiles will automatically be resized to fit the dimensions of their custom graphic.

there's also the script xmap which will let you create txt files for overworld elements (like for npcs, blocks and backgrounds) allowing you to modify existing ones more extensively which can be used to compensate for the lack of completely custom options (however the aforementioned automatic resize doesn't work if you're using xmap, every parameter must be specified explicitly).

alternatively, you can forego use of the vanilla map altogether and go for smwmap which allows for entirely new elements to be added (because it uses level elements which do have custom ranges) but has a bit of a learning curve compared to the vanilla overworld.

Return to “Help and Support”