Off-topic discussion.
TheNightingale
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Flair: I don't know anything
Pronouns: he/him

Postby TheNightingale » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:09 pm

Hey all, it's been a long time. I haven't been around too much ever since I got that issue with SMBX, but at least I want to greet you all in this special day.

2020 was a year with lots of tragedies and disadvantages. This COVID-19 pandemic has made this year unforgettable for lots of families.

What did you think of 2020 and how do you expect 2021 to be? Thanks to God, my family didn't had any serious deal due to this pandemic, but I understand what many families have experienced and I know it hurts. Hopefully, in this new year, times will be better.

Happy new year everyone. I wish you all the best!

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Re: 2021

Postby ShadowStarX » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:24 pm

This midnight marks the fact that the Earth has made a full circle around the Sun in the past 365 days 5 hours and 58 minutes and our calendar had 2020 on it.

The issue is, problems will not be solved overnight but the fact that vaccines are being distributed and that the pandemic accelerated technological development might be a bit of light in the dark.

smoke40
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: smoke40!!!
Pronouns: he/they

Postby smoke40 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:06 pm

For me personally, 2020 was probably the best year in a long time in terms of just advancement in life I guess. I got new friends, became even better friends with old ones, built up some sort of a self esteem, got into my dream high school, started making more music, figured out my sexuality, etc. Up until the last few months I was also doing great emotionally, but during the fall and winter I felt like shitty things were just consistently happening, including the death of a good friend a few weeks ago. The pandemic definitely didn't help either, although it didn't affect me or my family too much. It contributed to the depressing atmosphere.

I at least wish 2021 will be much better, even though my year started kinda rough already when I heard that one of my favorite musicians has died. Hopefully the pandemic will end during this year too. I wish everyone a happy new year!

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:08 pm

2020 was a rough year for me personally, I was betrayed by fake people at the start of it, my attitude was so down that I made a lot of bad mistakes and hateful comments all around, then the virus came and reduced time we could spend together, then the virus get's worse and I get worse around places, then accusations happen and then it finally ends. Not to mention 2020 wasn't a good year in the gaming category specially for games that were hyped up by a lot and ended up being a dissapointment.

For 2021 I really hope I can be a better person and be the person I used to be like this Happy and Friendly kind one, not that terrible asshole from 2020..
And also I hope the best for the Community to live on and stay strong for a long Time!

Lucario
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: A beginner Mario-level modder that also uses SMBX.
Pronouns: He/him/

A new year full of activity

Postby Lucario » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:36 am

As we all know, New Year has arrived this midnight (in my timezone it is already 10:32 at the time I'm writing this, fun fact). We not only can make things on real life things better than the last year, but also, the "sidequests" like our SMBX community. So, just saying, that this year, we're gonna work a lot on the fangame! Make projects, episodes, levels, worlds, NPCs, BGOs, blocks, new characters, and more! Every little help is help! Let's all make this year in SMBX WORTH! :mrgreen:

Also, list here in the "Re's:" what do you think of this year on the real life perspective and in the SMBX perspective! What do you think of this year? What do you think that'll happen to SMBX?
How the heck Piranha Creepers will be on SMBX? :lol: Forget the Piranha Creeper thing, just please repost below! ;)

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real

Postby krakin » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:03 pm

2020 was worse than I thought it'd be. My niece and sister got covid and my grades in school slipped too. I hope things this year calm down, hopefully I can get my grades back up before the trimester ends and without my sister cussing me out lol. There were a number of problems that arose last year, but a new year like 2021 is a chance to solve those problems. I noticed that I had really let myself go, not exactly during 2020, but during the past few years ever since my mom and grandparents passed. I don't want to make any resolutions; those usually either fall through or are only met halfway, I just want to improve on some things like anger issues, misinformation and distraction. I don't want to jinx it, but maybe 2021 is the change we really needed, with the election of a better president and eventually the end of covid 19. I might not want to physically go back to school, but it doesn't mean I don't miss doing other activities that are on hold due to the virus. This is me hoping 2021 brings safety and recovery to the people affected by this virus. Really hope there are no huge fuck ups this year.

Kimjosh12
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: Future Creator SMBXY

Postby Kimjosh12 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:37 am

Happy New Year So I Post This I made in 2014 Level Name The Level Custom

Goodbye 2020, 2020 is the Worst Year ever

2021 is the Best

Watch This My video

OptimusPrimeformers
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

2020 Year in Review/2021 Predictions

Postby OptimusPrimeformers » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:43 am

2020 was perhaps the worst year for me. It actually started off kind of chill, then it started going downhill because of personal issues. Then the evil virus went everywhere in March (I thank God for it not causing any serious issues to my family), which a lot of things shut down or moved online (the latter, including school). In fact, I rarely have been outside of my house ever since then. However, being at home all day allowed me to find renewed interest in SMBX (last played it in 2017), especially after getting a new laptop in June.

Now, here are some predictions I made for 2021, which hopefully would be a better year:

Real-Life:
The Evil Virus Goes Away, or most of it (people get vaccinated)
Move to Tucson to live at university (depends on how prediction above goes, but looking to go there for Fall 2021)
Improve My Grades and GPA (they fell by the way on how this past semester went, and little motivation)
Maybe Travel Somewhere (again, this depends on how soon will it be till the evil virus goes away)

SMBX:
Start Playing Episodes (I have already began playing The Invasion 2, but I am intending to play almost all episodes and levels in the long-term)
See at least 10 Projects be completed and released
Make one or two levels
Start on Project Starlight (more on this in the future, but it features Rosalina)
Maybe see SMBX 2.0 be fully released

I'm curious to see what predictions others made for SMBX this year.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:21 am

The virus will probably stay with us now, it’s spread worldwide and just like other sicknesses it will keep coming back. That’s why it might be important to take health treatment measures to avoid certain risks.

chriserlarreglo2005
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: This is a user. Problem?

Postby chriserlarreglo2005 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:48 pm

Real-Life: Feels good so far. I mean the virus is still there but I came to many b-day parties and climbed up a mountain and it was cold.

SMBX: Came back to make levels once again... Although, I don't know how to decorate so that's a disadvantage.

Internet: Well, I have discovered how to make alts and I got premium on some sites. I also take leak accounts and play real Minecraft Servers like Hypixel and stuff. And I'm very active on Discord (on my alt because i dont feel like going back to my main anymore).

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:10 pm

what is your discord identity?

anyway, I remember how by New Year's Eve, we all cheered and hoped that 2021 was the end of the virus, but so far 2021 will be a lot worse year of the virus and it won't stop anytime soon.

I find it ironic how Olympics, Football EC, Eurovision etc were cancelled last year, and now they're supposed to be staged (or at least it's still discussed) while this year the situation is 100 times worse.

Return to “Sandbox”