[NPC Pack] Celeste Red Orb

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
KateBulka
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Flair: Bun~
Pronouns: she/her

[NPC Pack] Celeste Red Orb

Postby KateBulka » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Yes, i'm alive.
Download link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ecEkI ... sp=sharing
Download link v2 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kgLjdc ... OFkxV/view
Don't forget to credit me, overall you are allowed to use it and modify it. Also be sure to report bugs if there are ones!
Last edited by KateBulka on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blake Izayoi
Flair: Sakuya's Husband
Pronouns: He / Him

Re: [NPC Pack] Celeste Red Orb

Postby Blake Izayoi » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:37 am

Oh wow, this is extremely cool! I'm sure this could be used to create some very clever levels. Can't wait to see what people do with this NPC pack!

KateBulka
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Flair: Bun~
Pronouns: she/her

Postby KateBulka » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:58 am

Hatsune Blake wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:37 am
Oh wow, this is extremely cool! I'm sure this could be used to create some very clever levels. Can't wait to see what people do with this NPC pack!
Ey, thanks! Though i believe that not that much people use my lua stuff, but i'm glad to hear your opinion.

MrDoubleA
Flurry
Flurry
Flair: How much munchers?
Pronouns: he/him

Postby MrDoubleA » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:37 pm

This is really neat! There's a lot of uses for this, and could probably entertain a lot of levels. Well done!

Tepig125
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: I drew my avatar!

Postby Tepig125 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:01 pm

This NPC pack is super cool! I really enjoy Celeste (although it is very frustrating at times), so having a feature based off of it in one of my other favorite games is awesome! Who knows, maybe someday someone will make an entire Celeste-based level in SMBX2?
I do, however, have a pretty minor- although very annoying- bug to report. There seems to be some incompatibility between this NPC pack, and rooms.lua by MrDoubleA. Specifically, when a player enters a red bubble, and uses it to exit a room, the orb is destroyed, and the player regains control as they normally would when one dies, but the sounds don't stop looping! If the player then does the same thing again, the sounds will loop on top of one another, which is not exactly pleasant to the ears. Additionally, if a room is exited and subsequently entered in rapid succession, the initial orb will be cloned because rooms.lua and the orb's code both try to respawn it at around the same time. From my experimentation, this seems to cause both orbs to react to each other, and both explode as soon as the player tries to use either one. Even despite this incompatibility, I really enjoy the red orbs! They're super fun to just mess around with, even if they don't work with the Celeste-styled rooms. I hope a fix is made sometime soon, but it's understandable if something like that just isn't possible!
(Also, my apologies for not discovering this sooner! :oops: )

EDIT: I just discovered a solution, which is to add the NPC ID of the red orbs(751 by default) to rooms.lua's npcRespawnExceptions list, which fixes both issues I was having!

georgespezi12
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby georgespezi12 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:19 am

Added in 12 minutes 4 seconds:
Have I added it wrong?

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:34 am

This looks like you forgot to place the sound effects in the folder. Notice the red warnings in the corner.

MrDoubleA
Flurry
Flurry
Flair: How much munchers?

Postby MrDoubleA » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:49 pm

I've seen those before, with the sound files in the folder, but it just seems that it just... can't load the sound files? Opening and reexporting them in audacity seemed to fix the issue.

Return to “LunaLua”