The Amazing World of Julian

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
ThePromiseIncarnate
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: Trans Fat Cat

The Amazing World of Julian

Postby ThePromiseIncarnate » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:18 pm

Hello, Julian here! This is where I'm going to be posting all my levels, starting with the few I have access to that I've made for other episodes. Most of my levels are lost to time due to downloads not working - thank God for Google Drive though.
I hope you enjoy my levels, and when I find the time I'll hopefully be able to make more!

Levels

Desert Palace: show
Desert Palace was one of my first few levels, made for a project on RMN called the "Castles Masterpiece Set" in SMBX 1.3. It's a simple desert level, not too long or hard either.
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eROXp ... WoOg4ijp3P
The Nightmare Universe: show
The Nightmare Universe was made for a project on RMN called "Super RMN World" in SMBX 1.3. It's an SMB1-styled level with a grayscale/black-and-white color scheme and sorta horror-themed, with all the sprites changed to be black and white(if they weren't already) and made to be more "creepy", like the boos not even smiling when they chase after you. Being SMB1-styled, you can't go backward in the stage either, but hey - it has slopes. So that's cool. It was initially called "Eli's Notebook" and was going to have "World of Drawcia" playing in the background instead of this Paper Mario(?) song I was suggested, since the project leader didn't want other people making levels based on his characters and he said he couldn't hear the music that was playing... which to be fair, with "World of Drawcia", is kinda the point. Still, it's been left unedited.
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LQKjr ... PPoL_YFj4U
Cloudsdale Sanctuary: show
Cloudsdale Sanctuary was made for a project on RMN called "Super RMN World" in SMBX 1.3. It's an autoscrolling cloud level with a very bright and cheery custom song based on both MLP and Sonic - I was and still am a huge Sonic fan. This level has the feeling of more a "bonus level" since while it's still quite a challenging level, with plenty of bottomless pits, enemies, and little secrets here and there, it also has lots of coins that end up being useless in current SMBX's engine or as a level on its own because their only purpose is gaining lives... which you have infinite of anyways. Still, people liked the level at the time, and even if there's no point to collecting the literal shower of coins being thrown at you other than the fun of it, I'd say it's still a pretty neat level. This is one of the few levels I'm actually kinda proud of.
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TXuA_ ... MJS4okn_lg
Oil Oasis: show
Oil Oasis was made for a project on RMN called "Super RMN World" in SMBX 1.3. It's a desert level inspired by levels in Sonic games like Oil Ocean and Oil Desert, including a remix of the two songs as custom music. I was about to go on this huge rant about custom graphics and the "authentic experience of the level", but in all honesty this level is just another one I'm really proud of, other people seemed to like, and I'm sharing here because it's one of the levels that already has a screenshot I can use to put it on the forum. While there are a few cracks and a few things I'd like to change, I wouldn't say it's a bad level as it currently is.
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14aB2L ... B7ruGI4RpU
Tempest Valley: show
Tempest Valley was made for a project on RMN called "Super RMN World 2: Yoshi's Archipelago" in a version I like to call "SMBX 1.3.1", which was basically just SMBX 1.3 but with a few modified GFX and better sounding default music(not that I ever used it). It's a grass level made for the first level of that game and was inspired by its custom music, which was originally made for a mod to a Sonic fangame called Sonic Robo Blast 2. This level is noticeably different from the others, partially because the amount of effort put into the special effects in the form of the rain, and the oddities in the level such as the Flowers, the block at the beginning, the Agent Toad, etc. That's because the game was something of a collect-a-thon, and because it was in SMBX 1.3, rather than 2.0, Lua wasn't an option, so the creator of the project, "Halibabica" on RMN, did everything in his power to make it work. If you were playing legacy SMBX or the actual episode, by hitting the block at the beginning you replace the midpoint with another block that holds a mushroom that duplicates the power-up you are currently using, or just gives you a mushroom if you are small. If you get all the flowers, you can get the star at the end. The rain was also done by him since I didn't know how to do it - though I always intended for the level to have rain(I also wanted it to have a time-stop gimmick, but... I couldn't pull it off the way I wanted to, because legacy was very limited). A lot of people seemed to like this level.
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vnXd2 ... 5Uoibwyx2q

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Re: The Amazing World of Julian

Postby MegaDood » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:42 am

These levels look pretty well detailed, I especially like the last screenshot's use of rain. But the dry bones and fish bones in The Nightmare Universe look a bit strange in my opinion with their colours.

ThePromiseIncarnate
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: Trans Fat Cat

Re: The Amazing World of Julian

Postby ThePromiseIncarnate » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:02 pm

MegaDood wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:42 am
These levels look pretty well detailed, I especially like the last screenshot's use of rain. But the dry bones and fish bones in The Nightmare Universe look a bit strange in my opinion with their colours.
Thanks!
And I think that's a result of me just inverting their colors for...
some reason, heheh... ^^;

Return to “Levels”