Super Mario Nova Zero - 38A/1.4.4 ( COLLAB )

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.

Are you hyped for the release of this project this Summer?

Yes
77%
Maybe
4%
No
19%

Total votes: 26
Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution

Super Mario Nova Zero - 38A/1.4.4 ( COLLAB )

Postby Eri7 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:31 am

OUTDATED! I am currently working on the new update.
Spoiler: show

(This project is gonna be on smbx 1.4.4)

UPDATE:05/11/18
Hey guys, i decided to make a spread sheet for the progress of my demo so you know how close i am into completing it, the sheet won't include world map progress, script progress for my new assist character system and etc.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

UPDATE:07/09/18
Hello everyone , i am currently searching for beta testers , i already have some but it won't hurt to have more.
Also i have a review system for the beta testers so they can review my levels properly that help me the most.
Also beta testing usually goes in my discord server.

I have good news relating the project's development.
It is not cancelled and the hiatus is over , i have regain part of my motivation and i took some good decisions regarding Super Mario Nova.
Super Mario Nova will be divided into 2 Parts with their own theme but Part 2 will be an add on(DLC) to Part 1 which means in order to play Part 2 first you have to put it in the folder of Part 1 , i will try my best to explain it when the time comes.Part 1 will not be a demo or 50% of Super Mario Nova , it will be its own COMPLETED episode that connects to Part 2, Part 2 will be like a DLC that you can play after you have progressed enough in Part 1.
Also when Part 1 is done , i might continue with Part 2 if i have enough free time in the future to do it because nobody knows how life will go on.
Also i have decided to remove "The Novaverse" , "The Novaverse" is a concept of multiverse that involves multiple projects , it connects them into one big story but i have realised that it was too big for me to do and also that it will do more harm than good so i decided to remove it and focus all of my attention to the development of Super Mario Nova Part 1 and maybe Part 2 if things go right. Thank you for following the development of Super Mario Nova for so long , i will try my best to not disappoint you again.

Discord server about the development of the project:

So since Super Mario Nova became a Collab project , i was thinking that people will think that all of the credit about the development of this project will go to me because people won't be informed on how much has a certain person contributed to this project so far , so i had an idea to create a list where there are the names of the people that have contributed to this project and it will show what have they contributed so far.

The list:
Names/Contribution
Greendan/He made 2 levels for Super Mario Nova and has helped me with beta testing, scripts , graphics and ideas.
Flagpole1up/She made one level for Super Mario Nova and has helped me with graphics and ideas.
TedNeeTed/He made one level for Super Mario Nova and has helped me with logos.
8luestorm/He made two levels for Super Mario Nova and has helped me with beta testing, scripts and ideas.
NightlyThomas456/He made one level for Super Mario Nova and has helped me with beta testing, graphics and ideas.
FlatKiwi/He has helped me with beta testing and ideas.
Ariinui/He has helped me with beta testing, scripts and ideas.
Taycamgame/He made one level for Super Mario Nova and has helped me with beta testing and ideas.
Ludwig_von Koopa 2004/He has made one level for Super Mario Nova.
Fake Virus/He has made one level for Super Mario Nova and has helped me with beta testing and ideas.
RsuperTheGreat/She has made one level for Super Mario Nova and has helped me with graphics.
CaptainAmerica(Legend-Tony)/He has helped me with graphics and ideas.
Yoshi021/He has helped me with scripts and ideas.
Olympus/He made two levels for Super Mario Nova and has helped me with graphics and ideas.
RetroKrasher/He has helped me with scripts and graphics.
Rockythechao/He has helped me with graphics and ideas.
TheNewGuy/He has helped me with beta testing and ideas.
MBXFanBoi2013/He made one level for Super Mario Nova.
Vito/He has helped me with ideas.
Aubergine Man/He made two levels for Super Mario Nova.
KoopsAkimoto/He made one level for Super Mario Nova.
Catskart/He has helped me with scripts and ideas.
HugoDMD/He has helped me with scripts and ideas.
Mario Kirby/He has helped me with scripts and ideas.
Lx xzit/He has helped me with scripts.
Monad/He has helped me with scripts.
Mr™★SecuPupps©/He has helped me with beta testing and ideas.
Mushroom King/He has helped me with scripts and ideas.
R.O.A./He has helped me with scripts.

Now Q&A.
Why is this project being made in smbx 38A and not smbx 2.0?
This project is being developed in smbx 38A because:
1.I feel more comfortable using smbx 38A because of my gained knowledge on this engine compared to my knowledge on smbx 2.0.
2.There are some 38A's features that 2.0 doesn't have yet.
3.I can't convert this project to 2.0 yet and i don't want to redo everything from the ground up including learning luna lua so i can get on the same level as i know how to use teascript.
4.The smbx 2.0 community is not for me , it's not because they are bad , it's because i am bad and staying with the 38A community i feel like i am no longer bad.
Why is this project so big? (250 planned levels)
1.I have a lot of ideas that i want to recreate in a level and i need a lot of levels in order to do that , that's why i made SMN such a big project , yes there are a lot of cons when making a big project but i try to focus on the pros of it , because this project is so big , i decided to make it a collab one so people can contribute levels to it , this will make me both excited to continue on developing SMN and more free with how the project will go because the development of it goes faster and i get either more ideas along the way or i can use other people's ideas to make this project better.
2.At the time of creating this project i didn't know that small project could shine , but thanks to Enjl i now know that small projects can be way better than big ones but i still want this project to stay big.
When am i going to finish Super Mario Nova?
1.I don't know yet , i am only 1/4 done with this project after 16 months of development and there is still a loooot more to be done in order for this project to be finished, my expectations are after 2-3 years.
When is the second demo going to be finished and how big would it be?
1.The second demo will be probably be finished before this year but im not sure when , probably very late around November i think.And the second demo will contain at least 100-110 levels , yeah a second demo that is bigger than most average episodes :D.
Why do you want to make the best smbx episode(Related to SMN)?
That's a good question that nobody has asked me before , the reason i want to make this project , the best smbx episode is:
1.I have played plenty of smbx episodes and they have never broke my expectations or made me go WOAH in terms of gameplay and story , it was all poorly executed, just not fun for me so i want to create something that could break the expectations of a veteran smbx player and possibly everyone and make it the most fun , interesting and amazing smbx episode ever, yes i am working on it , i work on this project almost everyday around up to 4-8 hours and sometimes even more! I really want to achieve this goal even if it sounds crazy for you.
Why don't you accept criticism from most people?
1.I do accept criticism but often people don't see when and from who do i accept it , if i don't accept criticism its either because: I don't believe that your opinion will make my stuff better and I think that is too hard for me to do(or i'm lazy/tired)
Why should i contribute to your project?
1.You can contribute to make the development of this project faster, be in the credits of this episode and if you contribute a level , the icon of the level will show that the level was made by you and if you contribute a lot to this project there is a chance that if you have an OC or good ideas , they could be included in this project!
2.Supporting me will really mean a lot for me , even the smallest support can make the biggest difference!
Super Mario Nova Story:
Princess Daisy's Toads found a mysterious organism in a glass cube from a Laboratory far away from the Mushroom Kingdom and then they brought the organism to her , after some research they saw that on bottom side of the cube had a sign with the words ,, Clone of Mother Brain '' on it. Then one of the Toads was captured by the Bowser's army by incident and then they asked him a couple questions about why The Group of Toads weren't in the Daisy's castle and after torturing him and beating him he decided to tell what was happening. Bowser then went to his airship with his kids and planned a mission to capture the Mother Brain's Cloning. The Player (Mario,Luigi,Toad,Peach) was invited by Princess Daisy to a meeting about her message of researching the Mother Brain's Cloning.And when she tells everyone the message , Mother Brain's Cloning is being stolen by Bowser and The Player's job is to defeat him or else he will start building his High-Technology Empire.

OUTDATED Screenshots:
NEW 30 Screenshots
15 April Update:
New small update!

Here are some stamps that will be collectable in this project.

And a glimpse of the new world map.

Some character cards:

24 April Update:
Hello everyone , here is a new update on the project!
Also if you want to help the project with contributing levels then i will gladly accept if you can design a level that is not bad.

Here we go!

With a new level designer in my dev team , 8luestorm , progress on this project is starting to go a bit fast and he can even design very good levels.

Some screenshots:

Now my new train level Poof-Poof!

Nabbit?!

And a little update on the world map!

New Character cards:

14/05/2018 UPDATE!
So here is a gif of a lava pyramid that is being made by Taycamgame!

Now here are gifs of a ice desert level made by 8luestorm , this level involves 2 pathways , one for Mario/Luigi and one for Toad/Peach.

And this is a gif of my tanks/artilery level.

+ Screenshot of the Artilery

And a gif of my quicksand level designed around the blue shell power up.

And this was everything for today , expect new updates soon!
9 June Birthday Update
Birthday UPDATE! Yes , its my birthday today and i wanted to make an update on the topic!

Updates regarding Super Mario Nova:

There is now a spreadsheet where levels are planned out for the second demo(thanks to Enjl's idea).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Now here are some screenshots/gifs.

Here is a level made by SMBXFanboi2013 and redesigned by me , the level is heavily focused around the penguin suit and tries to utilise all of the abilities that the penguin suit has.

Now here are some gifs of a level made by 8luestorm:

And some more gifs of a level that was started by WildWEEGEE but its now being made by 8luestorm:

Here is a screenshot of polished level 1:

And here is a screenshot of a new ice level focused around the penguin suit with new BOOSTER blocks that add more momentum to the player's movement:

Anyways , that was for today and probably this month , bye!
19/09/2018 UPDATE!
Hey guys, i am back with another update since a long time.
And this update is a big one because lately , with my help , Motivation , i managed to finish more than 6 levels since the start of September.
First off , i want to thank everyone who is still following the development of this project , i want to thank you for your support regarding this project and the amount of people who have contributed to this project through levels , beta testing or other kind of help really helped my project become amazing , i am very thankful for everyone who helped this project and stayed through my bad phases during development. Because of your support , i managed to come back once again and this time , i want this project to be finished and i want it to be amazing so really , thank you guys for being awesome by supporting this project!

OK lets start with the updates!
First off i want to start with the second level of The Low Hills , before it was using nsmb assets but now , i want to change all of the nsmb assets in ,y levels to 16 bit ones so i started with this level.
Also the level was made by Greendan.

Then here is a gif of my second penguin based level.

Then we have a gif of the level made by 8luestorm , here i am showcasing the new scripted boss , mechanical fish.

And here is a gif of one of the pyramid levels i managed to finish , it is a hard one as well.

And finally , here are gifs of a level focused around the Sumo Bros and Fire Sumo Bros contributed by Ludwig_von Koopa 2004.

Well this was everything , i have some new plans about Super Mario Nova's development that i want to showcase later on and i am expecting to finish something very important regarding the project's development.
Thank you guys for following the development of Super Mario Nova.
Videos:
NEW:

A demo is currently in development.

If you want to support this project please put this into your signature:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=17860][img]https://i.imgur.com/WT6VB2F.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Eri7 on Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 32 times in total.

SCP0493
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Re: Super Mario Nova

Postby SCP0493 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:33 am

1st reply woohoo! Also lemme comment. This will be a really good episode if it continues like this!
Great job!

Artturer
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Artturer » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Wow man, this is incredible, I can not wait to launch a demo! :D

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Super Mario Nova(Pool Update)

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:55 am

There's a bunch of gfx with 1x1 pixels in some of the screens (Examples being the morton castle, NSMB grassland and NSMBU ghost house screens) which don't look good compared to the 2x2 pixel format used by everything else. Other than that though, this looks pretty decent, although some screens lack coins.

Inspirited
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Inspirited » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:30 am

I can't help but scream style clash! But regardless, it looks like you have put a lot of effort and care into your work. This'll be a fun episode for sure.

Kixubug
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Kixubug » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Hey, Why is Link from The Legend of Zelda removed?

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Fuyu » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:14 pm

Because this is a project for SMB characters only.

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:09 am

The101MarioGuy wrote:Hey, Why is Link from The Legend of Zelda removed?
Link is removed because of 2 reasons , first is because my levels dont support link fully and its very hard to play him in my episode and second because of the feature to change the sound in the episode i changed the sounds of Link to others that will help me in my levels , and the best part is you dont need to change them manually because they are set only to this episode.
If there is a DLC version for 2.0 im gonna add link and make the levels support him.

MrPunchia
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: muncher moment
Pronouns: any

Re: Super Mario Nova(Pool Update)(UPDATE 24/02/2017)

Postby MrPunchia » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:44 pm

these map pathways are pretty long.

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:52 pm

MrPunchia wrote:these map pathways are pretty long.
I will do a way to go quickly from one point to another but not now.
BTW expect more updates on 28/02/2017!

MrPunchia
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: muncher moment
Pronouns: any

Postby MrPunchia » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Eri7 wrote:
MrPunchia wrote:these map pathways are pretty long.
I will do a way to go quickly from one point to another but not now.
BTW expect more updates on 28/02/2017!
I remember someone telling me to do around five path tiles at best, but what you're planning would work too

arcade999
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby arcade999 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:26 pm

Honestly, this look awesome! Continue like this!

For some reason, grey pyramids level make me remember HP Lovecraft. :shock:

Inspirited
Snifit
Snifit

Re: Super Mario Nova(Pool Update)(UPDATE 28/02/2017)

Postby Inspirited » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:39 am

Much better! My last post where I mentioned "Style clash" is almost irrelevant now. Only the last picture seems like a joke to me now. xD NSMB doesn't mix well with SMB3.

But other than that, nice stufff.

Eri7
Banned

Re: Super Mario Nova(Pool Update)(UPDATE 03/03/2017)

Postby Eri7 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:14 pm

New update guys , now you can help the project by submitting levels to it that will be playable in Princess Daisy's Castle and you can earn stuff like power-ups or things on the world map by it!

arcade999
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby arcade999 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Your project is freakin incredible! By the way for contests, you can post them in the general forum.

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:58 am

electro-kun
Hoopster
Hoopster
Flair: Prince of Storms
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby electro-kun » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:27 pm

I hope that this episode get finished. Because I'm animated to play.

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:24 pm

Is this project still being Thx for the bump. worked on?

Eri7
Banned

Postby Eri7 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:58 pm

Taycamgame wrote:Is this project still being Thx for the bump. worked on?
Yes , I have worked alot since the last update that was in march but I put it in hiatus since December so I can focus on my 2.0 project but this project is not dead!

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:05 pm

2.0 Project? What could that be...
Also I just realised this is 38A exclusive, which I don't have... Yeah, I only have 2.0, unfortunately.

Return to “Projects”