Nope

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: He/Him

Nope

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Nothing to see here
Last edited by Darkonius Mavakar on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Darkonius' edgy levels

Postby Waddle » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:00 pm

I've decided to start reviewing levels because, uh . . . . .

So I'm reviewing levels now and I decided to review dis one, mainly because Darkonius asked me to play it.

But enough about me! Let's get to the relevant stuff. This level was super neat. The gameplay felt incredibly smooth, and despite the fact that people always bash you for your Nintendo-esque design, this level was way beyond that. You did so much cool stuff the bombs, it's hella crazy. I especially liked the vertical section, which had incredibly creative design which made for some unique gameplay. In fact, the entire level was based around very clever bomb gimmicks, and they were excecuted incredibly well. Because of the way you handled the split paths, I felt like I was missing a lot of what the level had to offer, especially since the checkpoint was right after one of said split paths. I didn't feel satisfied when I finished the level initially, and felt an urge to replay it. And although some might say that's a good thing, I personally think otherwise. As for the graphics, you did an amazing job as always. The wood blends surprisingly well with the canyon itself, though it still puzzles me why people would build ships in a desert canyon but whatever. One teeny tiny complaint is that the 45-degree upside-down slopes have a weird mask, but aside from that it's looking fiiiiiiiine. For some reason you also decided not to use your devkit which, in my opinion, really makes this level stand out among your other creations.
Oh and also I was very satisfied with the amount of offscreen fiddly bits in the level.

So since people in this community have such weird motivations like grades, I'll grade your level I suppose. Your GFX were amazing, and the gameplay felt really solid and aside from a few tiny nitpicks there really wasn't much wrong with it! That's why you're getting a solid 8.5/10 for the level (I didn't decide on this score using some super-advanced mathematical method this is just how I feel okay). I hope I provided you with at least some helpful critisism, and good luck with your levels in the future!

WADDLE DERP OUT

Return to “Levels”