M31: A New Terror, Z-Fighters Unite! POSTGAME

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

M31: A New Terror, Z-Fighters Unite! POSTGAME

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:11 pm

M31 - A New Terror, Z-Fighters Unite! - 18 Players, 3 Mafia, 13 town, 2 third party.

The Villians

Frieza - The 'Strongest in the Universe.' Given his nature of Planet salesman, he can talk a Z-Fighter into working for him for one day controling their lynch vote.

Cell - The 'Ultimate Lifeform.' Cell is infused with the cells of all the Z Fighters, namely known for Piccolo's regeneration. This allows Cell to regenerate once in the game.

Majin Buu - The 'Sweettooth Terror.' Majin Buu loves candy, and can absorb powers through eating. This allows Majin Buu to gain one ability of a target killed within the last night by the Villians.

The Z Fighters

Goku - The 'Hero of the Universe.' Goku is a clumsy Saiyan and always loves to test his abilities. As the leader of the Z Fighters he can use his Instant Transmission to reveal a players color each night. Knows who Gohan is.

Gohan - The 'Gentle Son.' Gohan hates to hurt others, but will if provoked. Because of this he cannot lynch unless Goku is dead. As long as Gohan is alive, he will also passively block Cells regeneration. Knows who Goku is.

Vegeta - The 'Prince of all Saiyans.' Vegeta is very prideful, and he gets angry very easily. Because of this Vegeta does not care and can nightkill. Will be rolecalled if an innocent dies by his hand.

Piccolo - The 'Namekian Brilliance.' Piccolo was once an enemy of Goku but has come to befriend him. He can train a Z-Fighter each night to make their lynch votes count for two. Does not effect Rebellious Saiyans or Villians.

Krillin - The 'Weakest Link.' Krillin is Gokus best friend, and once was stronger than him. Until everything out matched him. Krillin has the ability to give a player a Senzu Bean each day, allowing the player to block a nightkill the following night.

Z-Fighter - Nothing special about this guy, he's just another Z-Fighter.
Z-Fighter
Z-Fighter
Z-Fighter
Z-Fighter
Z-Fighter
Corrupted Z-Fighter - A corrupted Z-Fighter. He is more easily pursuaded by Frieza and in turn gives Frieza an extra lynch vote. Does not know they are corrupted.
Corrupted Z-Fighter

The Rebellious Saiyans

Raditz - The 'Long-haired Scout.' Raditz is the weakest Saiyan, but also the first threat to Goku. He works with Nappa to optionally kill someone each night. Immune to lynchings.

Nappa - The 'Best in the Business.' Nappa is a ruthless Saiyan soldier, he came to earth with Vegeta until he betrayed him. Works with Raditz to optionally kill someone each night. Immune to nightkills.

Some notes:
-Changed Gohans power back to original.
-Added Gohans ability to block Cells regeneration, making Gohan more useful and needed.
-Cells regeneration allows Cell to come back to life after death once in the game.
-Raditz and Nappa are a team, and arent as strong without each other, thus Nappa or Raditz will lose their immunity if the other dies.
-Normal win conditions, Mafia wins if it equals or outnumbers the town, Third Party wins if they are the last standing and Town wins if all Third Party and Mafia are dead.
-Added Krillin
-Senzu Beans are an item that fully restores stamina, as such instead of a regular doctor use, when a player is given a bean they will be notified, and asked if they wish to use it for the following night. It can only be used once and only for the following night so you will need another if you dont use it. They are also given out in the Day phase, instead of a Night phase save.

Role PMs
Spoiler: show
Role PM wrote:I hope youre ready to take over and destroy entire planets, because you are Frieza. You may choose to make a Z-Fighters vote count toward yours each day. You will work with the other villians, <player> who is Cell, and <player> who is Majin Buu to kill a person each night.
Role PM wrote:Android 17 and Android 18 have been absorbed, revealing your perfect form, Cell! You are the ultimate lifeform and have the ability to regenerate once in the game..assuming Gohan is dead of course! You will work with <player> who is Frieza, and <player> who is Majin Buu to kill someone each night.
Role PM wrote:Someone call a dentist for this sweettooth! You are Majin Buu. You may choose to turn a player who has died the last night into candy and assume their ability. How evil! You will work with <player> who is Frieza, and <player> who is Cell to kill someone each night.
Role PM wrote:If there is anyone who can stop these villians, it is YOU Goku! Using your Instant Transmission you can figure out someones color each night! You will work with your son, <player> who is Gohan, as well as the rest of the town to defeat the evil before you.
Role PM wrote:I hope you're ready, Gohan, because there is is great evil amongst you. Gentle and scared, you cannot lynch unless your father, <player> who is Goku, is dead! Your ki also blocks Cell's ability passively!
Role PM wrote:Hmph! How could you be outclassed, Vegeta. You are the Prince of all Saiyans and you are serious and prideful. You may choose to kill someone on your own each night, but careful! If you strike a Z-Fighter you will be found out!
Role PM wrote:You are probably the smartest one alive, Piccolo! Your great technique and skill in battle allows you to train a Z-Fighter each night making their vote count as 2!
Role PM wrote:Why do you still choose to fight, Krillin? You are weak and you know this, but you also hold the magical Senzu Beans in your hands. You may choose to give someone a bean each day, or eat one yourself instead!
Role PM wrote:Youve trained under the great Master Roshi himself to become a fellow Z-Fighter! You dont have any specialties and you could potentially be Corrupted but you dont know for sure.
Role PM wrote:If there is anyone that needs a haircut, its you Raditz. You might be weak but your exceptional agility allows you to dodge lynchings! Watch out though, as your speed will decrease if your comrade, <player> who is Nappa, dies! You will work together to choose a target each night.
Role PM wrote:You're brutal. You're badass. You're Nappa! No one comes close to your body strength, which allows you to take hits like a tank at night! Careful though, if your partner <player> who is Raditz dies, your power will decrease exponetially! You will work together to choose a target each night.
Special Messages
Spoiler: show
Special Message wrote:You have been given a Senzu Bean! Please PM me if you wish to use it.
Special Message wrote:Cell has used his Regeneration!
Special Message wrote:You have been controlled by Frieza. Your votes count as 0 today!
Special Message wrote:You have been trained, and your votes now count for 2!
Please do note that these messages are all private and will appear when activated.

Players
1. Pseudo-dino
2. Zeldamaster12
3. PixelPest
4. MosaicMario
5. Sanct
6. MECHDRAGON777
7. FullMetalDragon227
8. ExKyo
9. zlakergirl357
10. Supershroom
11. Spinda
12. Nuclear_Blaze
13. Kyo Saito
14. Waddle Derp
15. Nien
16. Hawk
17. ShadowStarX
18. LukasDoesntpostverymuch

Subs
1. Doesntpostverymuch

TOWN WINS

I may do a small player bio for the ones who wete at least semi active but all in all pretty inactive and im kinda disappointed it didnt go down how i wanted but oh well. It was sorta fun but once Kyo Saito and Zeldamaster were the first two kill picks I knew it would go downhill fast.

Pseudo-dino - Corrupted Z-Fighter - Died N2
Zeldamaster12 - Nappa - Died D1
PixelPest - Z-Fighter
MosaicMario - Z-Fighter - Died D3
Sanct - Frieza - Died N5
MECHDRAGON777 - Z-Fighter - Died N3
Fullmetaldragon227 - Z-Fighter
ExKyo - Gohan
zlakergirl357 - Z-Fighter
Supershroom - Krillin
Spinda - Goku
Nuclear_Blaze - Vegeta
Kyo Saito - Cell - Died N1
Waddle Derp - Raditz - Died N5
Nien - Z-Fighter
Hawk - Majin Buu - Died D5
ShadowStarX - Corrupted Z-Fighter - Died N2
Lukas/Doesntpostverymuch - Piccolo
Last edited by HeroOfRhyme on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Re: M31: A New Terror, Z-Fighters Unite! POSTGAME

Postby Valentine » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:21 pm

The weird amount of luck the town had masked how horrifically unbalanced this game is. (Especially towards the town, it's ridiculously underpowered. Props to them for winning)

Considering I was the only mafia member actually paying attention for most of the game it got kind of hard since kyo saito died night 1 and hawk just kind of existed.

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Thats exactly why you guys didnt win but if he had lived then you wouldve had a better chance for sure

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:26 pm

easy

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:29 pm

Can you atleast show who each role belonged to?

MistakesWereMade
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MistakesWereMade » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:31 pm

Sanct wrote:Can you atleast show who each role belonged to?
he said the player list is in progress at the bottom of the thread

though i'm pretty sure that's like necessary to have before posting a post-game thread

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Valentine » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:36 pm

I doubt that you need 20 minutes for a god damn roles list.

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:54 pm

should be good now im on mobile so give me a break also let me get the exact death dates instead of what i think i remember them as

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:31 pm

Welp, that was the easiest game in the world for the town.

Also, i'm sorry that i wasn't very active during the game, but i haven't really had the time to play considering i just started high school and
i'm busy with that.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:36 pm

Gonna say this again:

The night 1 phase change message completely gave me away. It'd be different if there was another role that had nightkill immunity, but there wasn't. What's the point of having nightkill immunity if the phase change message will give me away?

As for the game itself, it was well balanced, but the Mafia got completely steamrolled, I died N1, and Waddle Derp died later. Inactivity was a big issue this game, so I don't want to see this again. A ton of us have repeated time after time that you play if you sign up. Does this really need to be said after every game?

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:28 am

I expected a larger party, oh well, yeah it went downhill when half of the anti town was knocked out the first few cycles, i was not very active because i just didn't know what to say or do since the role i was given meant being quiet really. Either way it was a good game, just terrible roll of luck really for the anti town sides...

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:49 am

I almost fucked up on the N4 phase change actually, I accidentally revealed that ExKyo was a blue at first because i completely forgot he had been saved so thankfully no one else was reading the topic at the time

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:45 am

I was Krillin (duh) and I managed to start an alliance with Spinda and ExKyo early on.

Also I was confused first because you didn't yet mark Sanct being nightkilled ...

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:23 pm

I'd like to see short recaps or at least action logs from everyone ...

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:44 pm

The fact that ZMs role was a clear giveaway, and the extreme luck of both opposing parties, I don't think I had much of a chance, unfortunately.

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto

Postby Nanaya » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:34 pm

Next game when?
And m31 memes when?

Actually i think you could have had a chance waddle, if picololo was inactive and mafia was all gone, you could not be lynched and win the game basically

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:30 am

ExKyo wrote:Actually i think you could have had a chance waddle, if picololo was inactive and mafia was all gone, you could not be lynched and win the game basically
He lost his lynch immunity straight when ZM died

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto

Postby Nanaya » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Oh that seems more fair, ok nvm

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:26 pm

i actually got the sub PM while i was grounded from my home computer, =P

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:18 pm

Pseudo-dino: being corrupted without knowing ...
Zeldamaster: Tragic figure of the game. See you next time
PixelPest: definitely not Piccolo
MosaicMario: well, we were pressured on lynching someone on Day 3
Sanct: when did you actually use your ability?
Mechdragon: mark your votes with some brighter red
Fullmetaldragon: where have you been?
ExKyo: it was fun being in a blue alliance with you
zlakergirl: yeah, you also weren't Piccolo
Supershroom: you lucky bastard, you only saved ExKyo because you confused his role with Spinda's (for real, lads)
Spinda: gg finding the last mafioso
Nuclear_Blaze: why didn't you join the alliance?
Kyo Saito: died first night, nothing to say
Waddle Derp: committed suicide together with Sanct
Nien: another guy who wasn't Piccolo
Hawk: was caught by Spinda due to being inactive
ShadowStarX: your first appearance at Mafia was better than mine
Lukas/Doesn'tpost: We have searched you through the entire game and you were subbed / away from your PC

Return to “Mafia”