The 2nd "Official" SMBX Skype Group Meetup!

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

The 2nd "Official" SMBX Skype Group Meetup!

Postby Danny » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:32 am

The event has ended! Thank you to all that participated, and I hope you had a good time! I hope to see you in the next call, so see you then!

We have a possible date set! March 16th, on a Sunday. If anyone is interested in that date, let us know, if not, we'll have to plan something next month!

Before I can invite anyone to the group, you're going to need to add me as a contact. Just search "dannybud99" and I should come up as Syndrilevosse™

Well, if you didn't remember (or you weren't there), back sometime in 2013 when Knux's Forums were still active, reghrhre and I set up a big Skype group meetup. I didn't expect it to be as busy as it was, and everyone had loads of fun with it! I'm wondering here if anyone would be interested in attending to a 2nd OFFICIAL group meetup?

I discovered that you can only have a total of 25 users in a single group call at one time, so we're either going to have to have a low amount of people in the call at a time, or find an alternative. If you were there for the first meetup, would you be interested in doing it again, and if you're new, would you be interested in participating?

I recommend having a microphone at the least so you can communicate with us the way Skype is supposed to be used. I'll be potentially hosting the call, and reghrhre is the only other person I know of that would be willing to attend. If you don't have a microphone, you can just listen if you would like to hear my sweet voice.

Is anyone interested in this? If so, just let me know what day/time people would be interested in it happening, what we should potentially discuss, stuff like that.

Attendees
Spoiler: show
1. Syndrilevosse - Attending
2. reghrhre - Attending
3. Snow Luigi Revamped - Attending
4. h2643 - Possibly Attending
5. zlakerboy357 - Attending
6. Drluigi - Attending
7. Pyromaniac22 - Attending
8. Dakras - Attending
9. Valtteri - Attending
10. Namyrr - Possibly Attending
11. Joey - Possibly Attending
12. smwforever45 - Attending
13. Pseudo-Dino - Possibly Attending
14. Ragont - Possibly Attending
15. turtwig1123
16. StrikeForcer - Attending
17. KILROCK - Attending
18. Quill - Attending
Last edited by Danny on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 32 times in total.

Navi
Nipper
Nipper
Pronouns: he/they

Re: The 2nd "Official" SMBX Skype Group Meetup!

Postby Navi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:36 am

I think I'll join there.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:39 am

Luigifan400 wrote:I think I'll join there.
Just remember that we're limited to 24 people in the group at a time, and I want to try and give as many people a chance to join the group as possible. The first meetup we had lasted about 8 hours, so this one could span for longer or shorter periods of time, opening up time for people to join. We'll attempt to find a day, and I'll probably be up at 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time to start the call up. People are welcome to come and go as they please.

h2643
Birdo
Birdo

Postby h2643 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:12 am

Can I join?

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:30 am

I would love to join!

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:22 pm

Alright, I'm going to throw a spoiler up on the OP listing all of the possible attendees. Also, don't forget to specify any dates you think we should actually start the call, as it would be helpful figuring out when you're available.

Drluigi
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Drluigi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:47 pm

So, I'm guessing we'll have these every couple months? I'm glad this is becoming a thing because we're slowly becoming more than just text on a screen. You start to see people differently when you hear their voices, and verbal communication shows more personality than just text. It's a really good way to get to know the community better. Also, in case you're wondering, Pyromaniac22 is an IRL friend of mine.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:58 pm

Drluigi wrote:So, I'm guessing we'll have these every couple months? I'm glad this is becoming a thing because we're slowly becoming more than just text on a screen. You start to see people differently when you hear their voices, and verbal communication shows more personality than just text. It's a really good way to get to know the community better. Also, in case you're wondering, Pyromaniac22 is an IRL friend of mine.
I would like to have an official one at least either every quarter of the year (We're in Q1 of 2014 right now). It is nice to actually do Skype chats once in a while, because it really is more than just text on a screen.

Namyrr
Spike
Spike

Postby Namyrr » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:43 pm

I'll join one and probably won't stay long, that way other people who want to can join in.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:45 pm

I might pop by, but that would require me installing Skype.

As tacky as this sounds, I still have ooVoo installed and that can do video chats with multiple people. Though Skype is obviously more popular so whatever you guys want to do is fine.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:05 pm

Joey wrote:As tacky as this sounds, I still have ooVoo installed and that can do video chats with multiple people. Though Skype is obviously more popular so whatever you guys want to do is fine.
I've never heard of ooVoo, but I can tell you right now that at least a good percent of people aren't going to want to do a video chat. Our first steps should be just simple voice chat, later on I'll think about video chats. Remember that this is the first Skype meetup we've planned in this community (not counting Knux's), so people will need to get used to it first.

Namyrr
Spike
Spike

Postby Namyrr » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:09 pm

Also, if skype rooms only supporting 24 people would be a problem, we could try using TeamSpeak or Ventrillo.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:20 pm

Namyrr wrote:Also, if skype rooms only supporting 24 people would be a problem, we could try using TeamSpeak or Ventrillo.
I actually have a Ventrilo server I can potentially host, so that's a plus.

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:40 pm

I'm definitely interested. Even though I have a rather bad microphone and my spoken English is pretty meh... Oh well, maybe I'll just listen and write some stuff if I wanna comment on something that someone said...

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Seems exciting enough… I'll probably come. The first one was fun from what little of it I experienced.

Megar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Megar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:37 pm

I'll likely just stick around and listen. My mic is shit, see.

ragont
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Postby ragont » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:14 pm

nice
idk if ill join
considering my mic is a bitch lately

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:19 pm

Ragont™ wrote:nice
idk if ill join
considering my mic is a bitch lately
Remember that Vinyl, BTB, and I are the only ones that have heard your voice.

Unless there's someone else...

turtwig1123

Postby turtwig1123 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:39 pm

it would be nice to join in on something like this but know I can't Skype and I don't have a mic so voice chatting is doubtful :/ but if there is a voice chat I might see if I can join.

Drluigi
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Drluigi » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:20 pm

I just had an idea. Maybe we can all be playing a game or something during the meetup to make it more interesting. I can run my Starbound, Minecraft, or Terraria servers, but idk what over 10 people on a server would do to my laptop, considering it lags out a lot.

Return to “Events and Announcements”