(Harder) Rinkas;Daredevil Chillycloud (CC12 9th Place)

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.
Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

(Harder) Rinkas;Daredevil Chillycloud (CC12 9th Place)

Postby Alagirez » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:00 pm

This was going to be my entry for Suckerman7's snow level contest, but I didn't had enough time to finish it, so I didn't join that contest, then I got lost motivation to finish this level. After heard that CC12 begins, I decided to finish this level and submit this.
Also "Daredevil Chillycloud" is a name of my animal on Animal Jam. (see my avatar :D)
Yep, this level doesn't contain any rinka reference, but this level contains Animal Jam reference since I love that game :p
A simple snow level uh
I'm really happy that I got 9th place ^^
Have some screen ^^
Spoiler: show
If you wondering why didn't i take a bigger screens? because i'm in a hurry so pls understand <3 <3 <3
Reviews
9.Harvey36Dice Camacho - Rinkas;Daredevil Chillycloud (7.86/10)
  • Chad (8.0/10)
    • I really adore the design in this level. The jagged construction makes the level seem like it was all cut from one big glacier, and the use of detail is excellent. The slope-based platforming is intriguingly tricky, exploration is heavy but not excessive, enemies are nicely arranged, and there are a lot creative cinematic events that happen on the fly to make the level change around you. Launching arrows and floating water are implemented cleverly as well, as well as occasional switch that's not too out of the way.' However, I didn't care much for how the difficulty just before the midpoint was handled. The Toothy segment is made excessively difficult by the overabundance of unbreakable blocks, which make it difficult to move and predict not only when exactly some enemies will be freed, but how they will interact with the surrounding solid blocks especially when all this is within range of a fire Piranha. The Springboard/Muncher section is also an unnecessary difficulty increase that doesn't even remain for the rest of the level, it just gives me an unexpected death due to precision failure in a spot where the midpoint is practically within sight. Other than that, great level. Runs on a tiny bit long, but not too much.
    ElTipsta (8.5/10)
    • This is a really atmospheric ice level that has clearly had a lot of work put unto it, judging by the multiple tilesets and BGOs. It helps to make the level really fun to play thanks to it's mostly easy difficulty. There are overworld and underground sections each with their own gimmicks giving each part it's own feel. I wasn't a fan of the usage of switch blocks when removing the green one would hacve been fine as well as changing the other ones to events. It's all about psychology, see? (and not getting heavily marked down by Quill) Nice level otherwise though.
    Quill (7.8/10)
    • I enjoyed the variety in this level. The different parts of the water rising and descending was especially interesting. Most of these cool little gimmicks were kinda underused though. Once you saw them once, that was kinda it. The variety in design overall helped keep this level fresh and it was entertaining.
    Shinbison-Kof (8.0/10)
    • It's so cold...This level has a nice atmosphere with a nice transition from the cave to the exterior. The level design is pretty interesting. There are exploratory elements and I like the secrets. Sometimes the running back and forth for the switches gets exhausting. Some short cuts would be nice. The gimmicks were very well done. I like the way the moving blocks and water appear. Some parts are cramped, especially in the cave. I don't like the red coins because when you catch one water appears in one place and disappears elsewhere and I die because of the crampedness. Some other parts are annoying annoying too with the water platforms and npcs that are difficult to dodge. The npc placement is ok except for the Venus Fire Traps which were annoying as you couldn't kill them. This level was a bit long. Overall, a good ice level.
    Valtteri (7.0/10)
    • This is a cool ice level. It's exciting and pretty to watch too, although the decorations go maybe a little over the top. The path goes all over the level which brings great variation and the enemy placement is well thought out. The level is really busy with moving layers and flying water. The paths that appear upon approaching are a nice touch although they're getting pretty common among levels these days. I find the "balanced" water pillars fascinating. You know, the ones where one pillar would fall and another would rise simultaneously. They served no purpose at all but they looked really cool despite the clunkiness. The background ice blocks are kind of weird. They're just black ice.
You need to play AJ before play this level!
(NOTE : This level uses .oggs, so you need Lunalua to play this level)
Credits in the GFX folder.
Music Credit goes to Waterflame and Holyyeah.
JAMAA ROCKS!
NO, this level doesn't contain Geometry Dash reference
Last edited by Alagirez on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Re: Rinkas; ♪ ♫ Daredevil Chillycloud ♪ ♫ (♪ ♫ ayy Animal Jam Reference ♪ ♫)

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:41 pm

The only thing I dislike from the screen shofs is the icy wood (and that is a lot comin from a cryomaniac).

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Alagirez » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:25 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:The only thing I dislike from the screen shofs is the icy wood (and that is a lot comin from a cryomaniac).
What happened with the icy wood?
is it not fit, too bright or clashes?
Also what is cryomaniac lol

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:21 pm

Harvey36Dice wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:The only thing I dislike from the screen shofs is the icy wood (and that is a lot comin from a cryomaniac).
In order:

A: It does not fit, either two bright, or to negative.
B: Think of Pyromaniac, but with ice.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: Rinkas; ♪ ♫ Daredevil Chillycloud ♪ ♫ (♪ ♫ wow SMB3 clashes with itself♪ ♫)

Postby Alagirez » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:00 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Harvey36Dice wrote:
In order:

So, are you saying that SMB3 clashes with itself?

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Re: Rinkas; ♪ ♫ Daredevil Chillycloud ♪ ♫ (♪ ♫ wow SMB3 clashes with itself♪ ♫)

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:32 am

Harvey36Dice wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Harvey36Dice wrote: What happened with the icy wood?
In order:

So, are you saying that SMB3 clashes with itself?
No, it is just the fill color used on the SMB3 wood.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:04 am

I can think of at least 50 million fill colour combinations which would look worse. There's nothing wrong with the one Harvey used.

RoundPiplup
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Postby RoundPiplup » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:32 pm

I was going to use my level that was going to be part of SuckerMan7's first contest(before the snow level contest) for CC12, but instead I submitted to... Uh, something else. It wasn't really anything though.

I'll try the level later. (Then edit this post or make a new one... Or probably PM).

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:54 pm

Okay, I played the level, and I can see good things from this level and not so good things. The moving clouds—albeit look nice—are more of a hindrance than something to look nice. There are leaps of faith with red coins that I would classify as a jump scare, and then their is that arrow gimmick as well. All of the graphics look very nice (Except the SMB3 frozen wood) and it is quite lengthy. It is a pain to play "Danmaku" with a Venus Ice Trap" on a grid of "Arrow Cannons" and all, but the level has some things fun. I can see this getting a 7,3 or so, but the screenshots in this level do not do it justice.

7,3/10

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Alagirez » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:13 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Okay, I played the level, and I can see good things from this level and not so good things. The moving clouds—albeit look nice—are more of a hindrance than something to look nice. There are leaps of faith with red coins that I would classify as a jump scare, and then their is that arrow gimmick as well. All of the graphics look very nice (Except the SMB3 frozen wood) and it is quite lengthy. It is a pain to play "Danmaku" with a Venus Ice Trap" on a grid of "Arrow Cannons" and all, but the level has some things fun. I can see this getting a 7,3 or so, but the screenshots in this level do not do it justice.

7,3/10
Uh you still complain about the light blue wood -_-
Thank you for the review ^^
Also what is "Danmaku",?

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:18 pm

Harvey36Dice wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Okay, I played the level, and I can see good things from this level and not so good things. The moving clouds—albeit look nice—are more of a hindrance than something to look nice. There are leaps of faith with red coins that I would classify as a jump scare, and then their is that arrow gimmick as well. All of the graphics look very nice (Except the SMB3 frozen wood) and it is quite lengthy. It is a pain to play "Danmaku" with a Venus Ice Trap" on a grid of "Arrow Cannons" and all, but the level has some things fun. I can see this getting a 7,3 or so, but the screenshots in this level do not do it justice.

7,3/10
Uh you still complain about the light blue wood -_-
Thank you for the review ^^
Also what is "Danmaku",?
Danmaku (弾幕, literally bullet curtain or curtain fire) is a Japanese term for "barrage", as in a barrage of bullets.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: Rinkas; ♪ ♫ Daredevil Chillycloud ♪ ♫ (♪ ♫ CC12 9th Place ♪ ♫)

Postby Alagirez » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:48 am

Added Judge's review(s)
9. Harvey36Dice - Rinkas;Daredevil Chillycloud (7.86/10)
  • Chad (8.0/10)
    • I really adore the design in this level. The jagged construction makes the level seem like it was all cut from one big glacier, and the use of detail is excellent. The slope-based platforming is intriguingly tricky, exploration is heavy but not excessive, enemies are nicely arranged, and there are a lot creative cinematic events that happen on the fly to make the level change around you. Launching arrows and floating water are implemented cleverly as well, as well as occasional switch that's not too out of the way.' However, I didn't care much for how the difficulty just before the midpoint was handled. The Toothy segment is made excessively difficult by the overabundance of unbreakable blocks, which make it difficult to move and predict not only when exactly some enemies will be freed, but how they will interact with the surrounding solid blocks especially when all this is within range of a fire Piranha. The Springboard/Muncher section is also an unnecessary difficulty increase that doesn't even remain for the rest of the level, it just gives me an unexpected death due to precision failure in a spot where the midpoint is practically within sight. Other than that, great level. Runs on a tiny bit long, but not too much.
    ElTipsta (8.5/10)
    • This is a really atmospheric ice level that has clearly had a lot of work put unto it, judging by the multiple tilesets and BGOs. It helps to make the level really fun to play thanks to it's mostly easy difficulty. There are overworld and underground sections each with their own gimmicks giving each part it's own feel. I wasn't a fan of the usage of switch blocks when removing the green one would hacve been fine as well as changing the other ones to events. It's all about psychology, see? (and not getting heavily marked down by Quill) Nice level otherwise though.
    Quill (7.8/10)
    • I enjoyed the variety in this level. The different parts of the water rising and descending was especially interesting. Most of these cool little gimmicks were kinda underused though. Once you saw them once, that was kinda it. The variety in design overall helped keep this level fresh and it was entertaining.
    Shinbison-Kof (8.0/10)
    • It's so cold...This level has a nice atmosphere with a nice transition from the cave to the exterior. The level design is pretty interesting. There are exploratory elements and I like the secrets. Sometimes the running back and forth for the switches gets exhausting. Some short cuts would be nice. The gimmicks were very well done. I like the way the moving blocks and water appear. Some parts are cramped, especially in the cave. I don't like the red coins because when you catch one water appears in one place and disappears elsewhere and I die because of the crampedness. Some other parts are annoying annoying too with the water platforms and npcs that are difficult to dodge. The npc placement is ok except for the Venus Fire Traps which were annoying as you couldn't kill them. This level was a bit long. Overall, a good ice level.
    Valtteri (7.0/10)
    • This is a cool ice level. It's exciting and pretty to watch too, although the decorations go maybe a little over the top. The path goes all over the level which brings great variation and the enemy placement is well thought out. The level is really busy with moving layers and flying water. The paths that appear upon approaching are a nice touch although they're getting pretty common among levels these days. I find the "balanced" water pillars fascinating. You know, the ones where one pillar would fall and another would rise simultaneously. They served no purpose at all but they looked really cool despite the clunkiness. The background ice blocks are kind of weird. They're just black ice.
I'm going to update this level tomorrow.

Return to “Pretty Good”