Exploration in Interior of the Strange Mammal Beached (CC8)

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Exploration in Interior of the Strange Mammal Beached (CC8)

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:46 am

This is my level of CC8, actually this is my worst level at present ( but, Isn't so bad). XD

Screens:
Spoiler: show
Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sm75nc3szg631 ... eached.rar

Reviews
14. Shinbison-Kof - Exploration in Interior of the Strange Mammal Beached - 8.219/10

bossedit8: 8.795/10
This Level was very nice and strongly constructed. You are on a Beach with Water arround it and I see a gimmick that nobody even made (but I figured it out early on while Testing by myself on everything possible). There are Arrows Pointing up and if you jump into one of them and pressing up on them, they jump you even further up. It is normally a Bug in SMBX but putting them like that is actually very Clever. There are places where you have to look for Switches which is a nice thing to do but a gray Switch that moves the floating Land with a Slope is buggy. Don't add a slope while the Blocks are moving, it gains Glitchyness on a pointless way. Later there is a Whale that you have to get in there but I encountered a "Hidden" Block just hanging on a Dusty Cloud which must be misleading. Inside the Whale, there are green Toxic (or something) at the bottom, green Bubbles and Fireballs. the way how these NPCs are act with the Fireballs are very nice especially the jumping ones from the bottom. The problem is, there is one NPC that is like 32x96 big which is very misleading and unfaily made because the real green Fireball is at the bottom and the rest of it is invisible (64 Pixels are invisible but still counts as a hitbox). I really like how everything is made with the whole moving Toxic and turning Toxic to Water and so on but when you are inside the Water the whole SMBX Lags like increasingly when you are inside the Water completly due to a lot of objects used in this Level and more used Stuff. After you have done with the Whale part you get the Star. Overall this Level was very nice. It was very original but a few flaws were on this Level.

Chad: 9/10
This is an impressively complicated level. It's full to the brim with exploration and events that do an interesting job of unlocking new places, and there are some unique gimmicks such as the arrows and skull elevators, along with creative acid-based enemies. Every section is used to its fullest, and looks really nice and detailed while doing so. The interior tileset details and holes within them show a lot of effort in the level's presentation. However, the water transparency is honestly awful, to the point where I almost couldn't see the Lotus inside the whale. But other than that, extremely impressive job.

Emral: 7/10
Oh man it's MAGLX final level all over again! The beginning of the level seemed kinda random to me. Everything was just glued together and there were switch puzzles for no reason. At least the level guided the player, so he couldn't get lost within the everything.
Quickly though Mario has to enter a whale for science! Then the story collapses and we get some decent gameplay with interesting gimmicks which were used in the final MAGLX level before. So I guess most of you know what kind of gimmicks they are.
Design-wise this level is good. You get some decent room to explore the area, find secrets, dragon coins etc. and the enemies were placed fairly aswell.
This is the point where I realised that I can't give this level a score based solely on itself because I know the final MAGLX level which is practically the same thing.
So yeah.Good going causing me some trouble there. I guess overall you could say that this is a good level, but kind of a ripoff... I would've actually liked it if the designer went with the twisted clusterfuck in the beginning of the level and built around that. That would've been fun and probably not ripoffish. Not sure. Anyways, score for what it is. A good level.
Guess: While this came in later, I can say it was someone from the talkhaus. Because the arrow gimmick was in the final level from ASMBXT aswell. Dude you should've built around that instead of dropping it!

Quill: 8.5/10
This level sure was interesting. It feels like a spiritual successor to the level that won MaGL X which is pretty cool. The sections before you enter the whale were somewhat basic, although I did like the part where the land moved to reach the switch. The whale itself is where things really got interesting for me. There were loads of really cool gimmicks that kept the player on their toes and helped add lots of variety to the level. Great job!

TNTtimelord: 7.8/10
The first third of my level was probably my favorite part, as all the tileset mixing looked real good, but then it got real disturbing when the player goes down into and explores a whale for science. It's a well designed level nonetheless, but it should have a few more coins scattered throughout the level.
I hope enjoy! :)
Last edited by bossedit8 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to 'The Best'

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Exploration in Interior of the Strange Mammal Beached (C

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:59 am

i'm not downloading this, not because it's a bad level, no no, it looks awesome.
but it's a stomach level... and well...

i... don't like stomach levels...
yeah that's kinda bias.
i'm extremely sorry D:

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Postby zioy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:59 am

I like it. I just like the feel of it for some reason. Which is sort of strange.
Last edited by zioy on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:09 pm

Uh...A stomach level?
Anways, this seems pretty cool. Can't wait to play it.

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:59 pm

Whales are disgusting, but this whale is cute hue XD.
Thanks for the feedback , guys :D
---------------------------------------------
I think this level was forgotten XD

CreatorForce
Eerie
Eerie

Postby CreatorForce » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:18 am

This is amazing, the graphics looks pretty good i like it.

zernicalohd
Bit
Bit

Postby zernicalohd » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:12 pm

Shinbison-Kof wrote:This is my level of CC8, actually this is my worst level at present ( but, Isn't so bad). XD

Screens:
How to make a screen of all the level?

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:18 pm

^
You could take multiple screenshots and put them together to make one big one.

To remain on-topic, this is a very unique level since I've never seen/heard of a stomach level in a Mario game. I also like the recolors of lots of the graphics used here. I hope to see more from you.

zernicalohd
Bit
Bit

Postby zernicalohd » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:34 pm

Kep wrote:^
You could take multiple screenshots and put them together to make one big one.

To remain on-topic, this is a very unique level since I've never seen/heard of a stomach level in a Mario game. I also like the recolors of lots of the graphics used here. I hope to see more from you.
Ok, i think, the editor have a function, thank you Kep.
On-topic, i like to much that type of levels ;)

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:18 pm

Yes, have a engine called " Pge" ( I think), this have a function with big screenshots, but have others ways about this!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for feedback, guys :D

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby AirSeus » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:51 pm

I am litrelly going to cry because of how deailed this level is. :cry:

Return to “The Best”