can someone make a Mario & Luigi fangame engine? PLEASE!!

This is the place for video games!
EmeraldsMushrooms
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Pronouns: he/him

can someone make a Mario & Luigi fangame engine? PLEASE!!

Postby EmeraldsMushrooms » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:20 pm

so i'm currently working on a new game called "Mario & Luigi, Ultimate" It'll be a huge fan service game. created for fans, by a fan (cause its currently just me working on the game) and........ yeah.... I need an M&L engine that's compatible with GMS2. i did make a rough prototype of a M&L engine. and I mean ROUGH. and whenever the prototype is on for too long. GMS2 crashes for some reason... so can somebody help me out with an engine please? (IDK where to put this post so it's here) please help me out :(

Blake Izayoi
Flair: Sakuya's Husband
Pronouns: He / Him

Re: can someone make a Mario & Luigi fangame engine? PLEASE!!

Postby Blake Izayoi » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:53 pm

Here, this engine might be what you're looking for: https://greenbarongames.weebly.com/

... alternatively, you could use SMBX2, as it's a very versatile engine with content being made for it weekly. It's not in GMS2, but the editor provided functions very well.

deice
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby deice » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:56 am

alternatively if you mean "mario and luigi" as in the rpg series, you can either create a fork of smrpg: the seven sages (an open source game made in rpg maker which is even easier to use than gms2) or perhaps a romhack of superstar saga using yoshi magic (though i'd discourage the latter if you have no prior experience in romhacking)

to my knowledge however, there exists no readily available engine for this purpose written in gml.

EmeraldsMushrooms
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby EmeraldsMushrooms » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:23 pm

yeah I meant the RPG series (like superstar saga. paper jam. dream team. that kinda stuff)

EmeraldsMushrooms
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby EmeraldsMushrooms » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:54 pm

also, all the download links I could find for SMRPG: the seven sages are dead. d'you know any surviving links?

Return to “Video Games”