Something you didn't know about a video game, video game franchise or video game character

This is the place for video games!
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Something you didn't know about a video game, video game franchise or video game character

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:50 pm

I'm pretty sure most of y'all know about this, but did you know that the "Street Fighter" series was the FIRST fighting game franchise to have a shitty start?

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Re: Something you didn't know about a video game, video game franchise or video game character

Postby MegaDood » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:29 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:50 pm
I'm pretty sure most of y'all know about this, but did you know that the "Street Fighter" series was the FIRST fighting game franchise to have a shitty start?
Wow I actually didn't know that. Another thing is that apparently the maker of Street Fighter 2 said that combos were an accidental glitch, but he liked it and made it into a core component of the game.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:19 am

Did ya know that the classical SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis game, Fatal Labyrinth, had a Master System demake in the year, 1991?

P.S. That Master System demake was named, Dragon Crystal

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Did ya know that the development of the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis masterpiece, Sonic the Hedgehog, actually begin in the 1988? And Sonic's girlfriend was originally a human named after a famous female singer?

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MegaDood » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:53 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 pm
Did ya know that the development of the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis masterpiece, Sonic the Hedgehog, actually begin in the 1988? And Sonic's girlfriend was originally a human named after a famous female singer?
Well they made his girlfriend a human in Sonic 06 but uh... Yeah.

TheBunnyMeistro
Goomba
Goomba
Flair: BunnyBanana!

Fun facts about mario and the mario universe

Postby TheBunnyMeistro » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:30 pm

did you know that mario used to be called jumpman? you probably do, everyone knows it by now, but back in the arcade era with donkey kong, mario was a carpenter! im not sure if not a lot of people know that, share your fun facts about the mario universe! :D

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Most of us know this piece of video game trivia by now! ^

But staying on topic, did you know that the Genesis/Mega Drive game, Pingas Guy's Mean Bean Machine, is a reskin of a Japanese exclusive puzzle game known as Puyo Puyo? :idea:
But I'm pretty sure some of y'all SEGA veterans in the SMBX community knew that already.

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MegaDood » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:51 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:14 pm
Most of us know this piece of video game trivia by now! ^

But staying on topic, did you know that the Genesis/Mega Drive game, Pingas Guy's Mean Bean Machine, is a reskin of a Japanese exclusive puzzle game known as Puyo Puyo? :idea:
But I'm pretty sure some of y'all SEGA veterans in the SMBX community knew that already.
Yeah, apparently it used the final boss music of Puyo Puyo too.
That same song also reappeared in Sonic Mania.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:43 pm

Here's something interesting for you SMBX members who are fighting game fans:

Did ya know that the 1991 "Hard as balls" SNK fighting game, Fatal Fury 1: King of Fighters, was created by the same creator of Street Fighter*? Learned that from the new VCDecide video on YouTube! ^^"

*Before you ask, it's the creator of the very first Street Fighter game, not the whole series! :roll:

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MegaDood » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:29 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:43 pm
Here's something interesting for you SMBX members who are fighting game fans:

Did ya know that the 1991 "Hard as balls" SNK fighting game, Fatal Fury 1: King of Fighters, was created by the same creator of Street Fighter*? Learned that from the new VCDecide video on YouTube! ^^"

*Before you ask, it's the creator of the very first Street Fighter game, not the whole series! :roll:
I thought for a moment you posted this before the direct, and I was going to praise you for predicting Terry in Smash Bros :lol: .

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:54 am

MegaDood wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:29 am
I thought for a moment you posted this before the direct, and I was going to praise you for predicting Terry in Smash Bros :lol: .
Dude, I was predicting a SNK fighting game character will be confirmed for Smash Bros b4 the DLC pack was announced! 8-)

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MegaDood » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:57 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:54 am
MegaDood wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:29 am
Dude, I was predicting a SNK fighting game character will be confirmed for Smash Bros b4 the DLC pack was announced! 8-)
Dang man, I didn't know you were a psychic! :o

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:29 am

Nope, I'm just a guy who likes some variety in Smash Bros. ^_^"

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:49 am

This may come in no surprised to some of you SMBX who were alive in the 90's, but did you know Earthworm Jim* was voiced by the guy who voice Homer Simpson? Well it's true!

*Before you ask, not in the games, in the animated series from 1994!

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MegaDood » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:36 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:49 am
This may come in no surprised to some of you SMBX who were alive in the 90's, but did you know Earthworm Jim* was voiced by the guy who voice Homer Simpson? Well it's true!

*Before you ask, not in the games, in the animated series from 1994!
You sure have a lot of cool video game facts. Did you know that the voice actress of Kirby didn't even know about Terry being in Smash, but she worked it out while voicing Kirby Terry's moves?

SimmondsSuperSponge
Dolphin
Dolphin
Flair: SMWC to SMBX (MyGFXPack)

Postby SimmondsSuperSponge » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:43 pm

Did you knew that Shigeru Miyamoto was involved in Plok? He analysed the game and later than that he made a list where it basically says that he wanted plok to be better than sonic, but not to be better than mario

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Hmm, I've never heard of Plock...

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:10 am

Did ya know that Wario's favorite food was originally gonna be Crepes? But (Nintendo) changed his favorite food to garlic for some reason.

Read this tweet if you don't believe me

Cigarettes
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Cigarettes » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:21 am

Wario is or was Mario's cousin

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:48 am

Cigarettes wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:21 am
Wario is or was Mario's cousin
Where did you dig up that from?

Return to “Video Games”