M38: The Mafia Returns (NIGHT 2)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Thehelmetguy1
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Flair: certified idiot

Re: M38: The Mafia Returns (DAY 1)

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Pseudo is not usually this agressive

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ShadowStarX » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote:But what would agression have to do with being suspicious?
Um if a mafioso makes an opponent suspicious and the town lynches the player the mafioso tricked it's an advantage for the mafia.
At least that's how I see it.

Also what the helmetguy said. Pseudo listing different scenarios is quite usual but indeed she isn't this pushy usually.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:23 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Call me suspicious if you will, but I do not see why you all are going after Shroom like a mob. Big deal, he suspected Mech N1. Just because the suspicion was proved invalid doesn't mean Shroom should automatically be considered suspicious. You are all being extremely reckless and going after him for small reasons and I ask of you all to think this through before you lynch him.

Something else I'd like to add, besides myself defending him just now, notice how literally NO ONE has defended Shroom throughout this entire debacle. If he were Mafia, don't you think his teammates would be trying to defend him?

I also think Pseudo has been playing a lot more aggressively than usual, so watch out for him and don't automatically assume he's on our side.
That is not quite true:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Edit: No one has voted yet since no one is sure he is suspicious enough for the Lynch vote. A lot of us find him the most suspicious either way.

When I posted this, I was trying to defend him slightly. (I fixed the spelling mistakes in the quote though)

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:23 pm

Well we should maybe also look at the fact that she hosted the previous game and she is just more excited than us and that's why she is slightly more agressive.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:43 pm

Whoa holy shit guys, I really don't think I'm being that aggressive. Everything I've posted here about Shroom was largely reposted from Discord yesterday, at least in broad strokes (and was by and large agreed with by most of the participants on Discord yesterday). And while Shroom is the most suspicious right now in my opinion, I have been consistent that I don't think we have enough information to lynch him yet. I am always interested in finding early leads in mafia games, and I think I've been consistent about this, at least in the more recent games since I stopped sucking at Mafia. I am not, nor have I been, demanding that we lynch Shroom, but I do really want to find leads and gather information as early as possible. I have been accused of being suspicious for casting a lynch vote on Day 1 before (as a townsperson), and I haven't even cast one here yet.
Zeldamaster12 wrote:Something else I'd like to add, besides myself defending him just now, notice how literally NO ONE has defended Shroom throughout this entire debacle. If he were Mafia, don't you think his teammates would be trying to defend him?
This is a pretty good point and is something that I think is worth paying attention to, and may lower the amount of suspicion on Shroom.
Supershroom wrote:Your behaviour has been unusually ruthless. Furthermore, how is it relevant what I've been doing at 12:30 AM two days ago? I don't go into declaring you suspicious in return for that but you have to explain.
I assume you're referring to this:
Pseudo on Discord wrote:SHROOM WHERE WERE YOU AT 3:30 AM LAST NIGHT
or something to that effect
This was just an imitation of a stereotypical cop interrogation, since we had agreed to "interrogate" you. It was nothing more than an attempt to be funny, which I guess didn't come across on Discord. In any case I don't, and didn't, actually care what you were doing at 3:30 AM last night.
Supershroom wrote:Just because Mech has been confused plenty of times about game mechanics, you now tend to declare him not suspicious no matter how much he contradicts himself. Theoretically he may be godfather and say "If I'm lynched I'm gonna flip green" while as a townsperson he could also flip red/yellow, but that doesn't suspect him, because he's Mech and always screws up. He may accidentally reveal information about a nightly mafia action (e.g. who they transported or silenced w/e) but that doesn't matter, because he's Mech and he also revealed blues and he always confuses everything and you can't read him. That's your exact words.
Regarding this, I mean to say that what Mech has done is under no circumstances evidence that he is innocent, but it is just not evidence that he is suspicious, to me. He very well might be a mafioso or something but I don't think we any real reason to believe that.

The second part is in no way true; if Mech revealed what the mafia was up to that would obviously be very strong evidence that he was a mafioso since there's no other way of knowing that and I would be the first to suspect him.

In any case, I have maintained since Night 1 that we might wan to keep an eye on him. And if that means the sheriff should inspect him, maybe the sheriff should inspect him. There's lots to do, and many people to verify the colors of.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real

Postby krakin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:45 pm

When are we voting, this seems like it's taking forever.
btw i still don't think pseudo is aggressive

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:46 pm

We aren't necessarily voting on this day, practicalshorty, due to not having enough evidence.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:56 pm

Voting on day 1 usually isn't encouraged as there's never enough evidence for a proper lynch.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:59 pm

Sanct wrote:Voting on day 1 usually isn't encouraged as there's never enough evidence for a proper lynch.
This.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:00 pm

ShadowStarX wrote:
Ness-Wednesday wrote:But what would agression have to do with being suspicious?
Um if a mafioso makes an opponent suspicious and the town lynches the player the mafioso tricked it's an advantage for the mafia.
At least that's how I see it.

Also what the helmetguy said. Pseudo listing different scenarios is quite usual but indeed she isn't this pushy usually.
Fair, I find Supershroom to be more innocen than Pseudo right now.
But I'm still not lynching on the first day if no one else is.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Day 1 has ended with no casualties.

What a surprise.

It is now Night 2 . Night will end at 5 PM EST April 16th, or if I receive all role PMs.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Re: M38: The Mafia Returns (NIGHT 2)

Postby Valentine » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:20 pm

good

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:21 pm

I didn't want to ping ya wrote:good
doog

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!

Postby Waddle » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:25 pm

Hazzah, you've been intimidated!
Just like how the blackmailer told me to send this pm, s/he tolde me until the end of the day phase you shall not say anything but "I've been intimidated".
Although, he didn't wish to let me reveal who he was, you better beware tonight.
I just received this PM from Ness-Wednesday and I'm incredibly confused as to its meaning. Is this just a confession that he's mafia?

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:38 pm

wait what the hell

people are intimidated at the end of the night, not the end of a day

you're intimidated during the day

so uh

wtf

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Not to mention that Danny would be the one sending you that PM at the end of a night if you were actually intimidated

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:39 pm

For clarification, Waddle Derp, you are not intimidated right now.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!

Postby Waddle » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:48 pm

After some excellent deduction over at the Discord server, we've managed to deduce that:

-Ness-wednesday is mafia for SURE, and if there is a vigilante he should kill him
-The blackmailer clearly does not understand basic mafia rules and considering practicalshorty not understanding how lynching works earlier in the game, she's looking suspicious as well.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:57 pm

We're doing a game reroll after some careful decision making. I'll quickly get the role PMs back together, and we'll start in a new thread.

Here's role list.
Supershroom (Godfather)
RSupertheGreat (Consort)
Ness-Wednesday (Blackmailer)
Witchking666 (Driver)

Zeldamaster12 (Sheriff)
PaperPlayerX (Jailkeeper)
PixelPest (Lookout)
Practicalshorty014 (Prostitute)
Megar (Veteran) (Died Night 1)

ShadowstarX (Townie)
Pseudo (Townie)