M33: Christmas is a Few Months Early... Player Sign-ups

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

M33: Christmas is a Few Months Early... Player Sign-ups

Postby Julia Pseudo » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:57 pm

TNT asked me to host this game, as he is busy.

M33: Christmas is a Few Months Early...
-13 players
-Full Role Flip
-Forced activity - players who don't participate in some way get vegged, in other words, subbed out or kicked out.

Mafia Aligned:
-Actress - Visits a player to learn their color. When they die, they cardflip whoever they last visited.
-Associate - Gives a gun to a player once a game. If it shoots a mafia, it doesn't kill.
-Bomb - If killed (not lynched) will take down who killed them with. Also dies & kills anyone who visits them.

Town Aligned:
-Santa - Can visit two players per night. One is to check his naughty/nice list, the other is to give a player an item (listed below)
-Caroler - Can visit a player at night once for the game. That player will hear a song about three players, and at least one of which is mafia
-Penguin - Waddles over to a player to tell them a random bit of useful info.
-Nurse- Protects one player per night, but simultaneously roleblocks them.
-Town
-Town
-Town
-Town
-Miller

Third Party
Angel - Assigned a random player to protect at the beginning of the game, and can choose one night a game to act as a bodyguard.

EXTRA INFO:
-List of items Santa can give:
-Gun: player can shoot someone during the day night (Pseudo) and kill. 50/50 shot of becoming revealed
-Vest: player can survive a kill attempt once with a vest. Pseudo: must be actively used
-Crystal Ball: if the santa dies, the players whom the crystal was given to have their colors revealed
-Key: Player can choose to lock themself in with their key the next night and protect them from any night actions
-Santa's naught/nice list:
-If Naughty, player is aligned with mafia
-If Nice, player is aligned with town
-If neither naughty nor nice, player is either miller, third party, or town who mistakenly shot other town
-When santa inspects someone, it does NOT count as a visit. Gift giving does, however
-If game ends and Angel's assigned player is still alive, angel wins along with the winning side.

If anything else needs to be explained, go ahead and tell me.

Pseudo:
• The Penguin will reveal a random visit to the targeted player (i.e. player A visited player B).
• The Angel will simply protect their assigned player doctor-style when acting as a bodyguard. They do not know if their assigned player is a townie or mafioso.
• This game will not feature protection day messages, since it would mess with the Angel and Key's functionalities.
• However, roleblocked players will be notified.
• Made Guns kill during the night since it was a little weird and would prevent the Bomb from operating properly (since there's no vigilante).
• Players will be notified when obtaining an item, except for the Crystal Ball.

Role PMs
Spoiler: show
Role PM wrote:You are the Actress! You're good at imitating the behavior of your fellow citizens, and have decided to use this talent for evil. Each night, you may visit one player and learn their cardflip color. When you die, you will roleflip as the last player you visited. Additionally, you will conspire with your fellow Mafia members, <player> (the Associate) and <player> (the Bomb) to kill one player each night.

You win by equaling or outnumbering the town.
Role PM wrote:You are the Associate! You like to associate with the mafia. Once throughout the whole game, you can slip someone a gun during the night. If this gun is used to target a mafia member, it will fail altogether. Additionally, you will conspire with your fellow Mafia members, <player> (the Actress) and <player> (the Bomb) to kill one player each night.

Role PM wrote:You are the Bomb! I assume you're supposed to be an explosives expert or some such. If someone tries to visit you during the night, including with a gun, you will automatically explode, killing yourself and the player who tried to visit you. Additionally, you will conspire with your fellow Mafia members, <player> (the Actress) and <player> (the Bomb) to kill one player each night.

Role PM wrote:You are Santa! Each night, you can check your naughty list to find out if a player is a townsperson, a Mafia member, or the Miller/Angel/a town traitor. Additionally, you can sneak into someone's chimney each night and leave them a gun, vest, crystal ball, or key (check the main thread post for details on each of these items). Only the latter action is considered a visit.

You win by eliminating the Mafia from the game.
Role PM wrote:You are the Caroler! Once throughout the whole game, you can stand outside someone's house during the night and sing a song about three random players, at least one of whom is a Mafia member. You won't hear the song yourself.

Role PM wrote:You are the Penguin! Each night, you can waddle over to someone's house and whisper them a secret about a visit that happened that night (it might even be about you!). You won't hear the secret yourself.

Role PM wrote:You are the Nurse! You like helping people. Each night, you can confine someone to a hospital room and prevent them from being night killed. This will also prevent their ability from working that night, which they will be notified about.

Role PM wrote:You are a Townsperson! You're just a normal townsperson with no special abilities.

You could be the Miller but you can't say for sure.

Role PM wrote:You've been assigned as <player>'s Guardian Angel! <Player>'s survival is paramount. As long as they survive for the whole game, you will win the game as well, even if you don't survive yourself. To help you with this, you can protect <player> once throughout the whole game to prevent them from being night killed.
Players
1. MECHDRAGON777
2. Yoshi021
3. Nanaya Jacob
4. Zeldamaster12
5. Spinda
6. Supershroom
7. Waddle Derp
8. Doesntpostverymuch
9. Sanct
10. Syndrilevosse
11. Ness-Wednesday
12. The Anti-Person
13. witchking666

Backups

Phases will shift during the evening (in Eastern Standard Time) each day, or earlier if all required actions are performed (all ability PMs received during the night, or an insta-lynch during the day).

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Re: M33: Christmas is a Few Months Early... Player Sign-ups

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:24 pm

I'll bite.

Yoshi021
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: :)
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Yoshi021 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:35 pm

I'll play

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto
Flair: When's Mafia

Postby Nanaya » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:40 pm

Ikuze

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:42 pm

A little quick clarification between guns & bombs, Pseudo: If you would have been unfortunate to shoot the bomb during the day, you'd die with them.

I can see why you moved the gun to just be a night action, you can't be watching the topic 24/7 to keep the gun actions 100% up-to-date, so I'm fine with it that way I guess.

And no, I'm not signing up. If I was too busy to host, I'm obviously too busy to play.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:32 am

I N B O Y S

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:47 am

in

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:34 am

TNTtimelord wrote:A little quick clarification between guns & bombs, Pseudo: If you would have been unfortunate to shoot the bomb during the day, you'd die with them.

I can see why you moved the gun to just be a night action, you can't be watching the topic 24/7 to keep the gun actions 100% up-to-date, so I'm fine with it that way I guess.
Gotcha, thanks. Sorry about the changes, I just had to clarify a few things to myself too.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:43 am

IN!!

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!

Postby Waddle » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:00 am

Awww yeah bby

In

Doesntpostverymuch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Doesntpostverymuch » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:41 am

i'll join, but school might get in the way.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Postby Valentine » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:40 am

finally.

in

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:05 pm

My computer is in repairs for the time being (should be getting it back Tuesday or Wednesday), but I'll join in and try to keep up.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:03 pm

Doesntpostverymuch wrote:i'll join, but school might get in the way.
If school ends up getting in the way for you, then please take the initiative to tell Pseudo to sub you.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:47 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote: If school ends up getting in the way for you, then please take the initiative to tell Pseudo to sub you.
What if let's say where I live school, bussing starts 8:30pm so I'll be around at least from 7:30am to 8:20am, school ends at 2:25pm but I get home around 2:47pm so I come around 2:50pm (or 3:00pm if I'm a bit late), and my swimming classes are 90 minutes long and starts at 4:00 which means I would be around for at least 15 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays (my meetings on Fridays don't affect much of my time becuase they start at 7:00pm), and I would be around for a while at night (at least past an hour on weekends).

If this doesn't affect as much as it should, I guess I'll join, I'll be more active.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:54 pm

As long as you can keep up with the thread and contribute to discussion, then you're fine.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Let's get this going.

I'll try to watch as much as I can.

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ShadowStarX » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:16 pm

Joining...

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:17 pm

In

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:40 pm

OK, that's all 13 players! Role PMs will be sent out soon, just hold tight...

Post here if you want to be a backup player by the way.

Return to “Mafia”