integration343's Level Portfolio [2 levels]

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
integration343
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

integration343's Level Portfolio [2 levels]

Postby integration343 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:58 pm

Jailbreak [Mario, Luigi, Link]
Spoiler: show
This is a level, by me. I dunno what else to say.

Screenies : Image Image Image Image

Download : https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8ezycrsie9xc ... k.zip?dl=0
Descent [All Characters]
Last edited by integration343 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Re: Jailbreak

Postby PixelPest » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:26 pm

Please attach your screenshots directly to your post. (Copy the direct link and post it between two image tags):

Code: Select all

[img][/img]

integration343
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Re: Jailbreak

Postby integration343 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:05 am

PixelPest wrote:Please attach your screenshots directly to your post. (Copy the direct link and post it between two image tags):

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
Okay, done.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Re: integration343's Level Portfolio

Postby Mable » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:03 am

Well, this level is kinda strange... the biggest thing i probably don't like is the whole smbx stuff thrown together. I don't mind stuff like smb3 and smw together.. but no this doesn't look good at all. SMB3+SMW+LOZ+Metroid might look good for some people, but not if used like this. Anyways let's talk about some stuff in this.

- The Starting room already covers, what i said earlier about the four styles thrown together
- Why are there airship screws in the lava? Doesn't look good at all
- You should have used the smw lava edges to prevent the cutoff at the end of this
- Neither do i like how this level looks so far, you could try to make it actually look good.. at the moment it looks confusing
- I wouldn't mind a toad or some other npcs to tell me about the elevator.. but a rupee? Sure in videogames logic is different from real life.. but a talking rupee isn't a good npc for some speech
- For what point do the coins keep on respawning? They might help you get some 1-ups, but since this is a standalone level it doesn't make much of a sense to have respawning coins
- More talking ruppes huh?
- Instead of having the pipe shooting infinite mushrooms, you should place blocks at the checkpoint to give the player power-ups from there. I know the mushlava bug is fixed in lunalua, but there might be people playing this on the standard smbx engine
- Idk what i honestly should say about this right now
- If the floor was a bit higher you could have avoid the water cutoff.. oh and now smb1+smw+metroid+smb3 isn't a good idea to mix up
- It's a shame you can't get back from there anymore and have to suicide from this point on.. You could have hide like a secret in this, because there are people who might think something is hidden on the left side of this and when they jump to this point, there is no way getting back up, things like this should be avoided in level design
- There wasn't much of such spinjumping in this.. the only time i had to was at the second section to get up
- Also the way from breaking out a short prison and get into a castle? was kinda strange for this

Overall, the level needs some work to be honest there.

- Lack of coins
- Minor level design issues
- There isn't really any special stuff like a secret which could have been done in many ways in this
- Music for the most part doesn't really fit into the current section
- Design like this here should be avoided in the future, it doesn't look good at all
Would go for a 3/10 for this.

integration343
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby integration343 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:12 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:snip
The talking rupees kinda look like computer crystal things to me so that's what I made them. Also, I'm running on a standard SMBX engine and it doesn't crash for me when the shrooms enter the lava. Weird. Thank you for your help though.

integration343
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby integration343 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:29 am

New level posted

Return to “Levels”