My Very First Level Guys!

This is the place to post levels that are made just for fun.
Muyoko
Tweeter
Tweeter

My Very First Level Guys!

Postby Muyoko » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:42 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6m5008s4omuuo ... 1.lvl?dl=0

This is my first level. So far my boyfriend and my older brother have been the only ones that tested this level to be playable. It has three sections total so it should be short and sweet. My biggest need for the update is of sprites of Prince Peasley and Vivian from the Mario RPGs. Otherwise, I've used default graphics. I should probably figure out how to different graphics from other people to make my work more unique, but I was really excited about making a level on here so I wanted to see how well I would have made this level so far.

Thank you for the feedback!

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Re: My Very First Level Guys!

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:02 pm

This level... what the heck did I just play?
Now, I understand it's your first level, but here are a couple tips:
1) Pick a theme and stick with it
Now, this level was all over the place, and I'm just very confused with it. It went from flooded castle with sand in it, to snow, then the snow transitions into sand, then your in the sky going down wood, and then it just ends. I'm not sure about your though process to make it like that, but you should stick with either the castle them or the snow theme, not mix up multiple.

2) Watch where you put your high tier power-ups and lives
This level hands out lives to you, and way too many, and it also gives you either 1 or 2 free Tanooki suits. Things like lives and Tanooki's are supposed to be hidden rewards given out for finding them, not just out in the open. Also, you need to cool it with the coins. There are way too many of them in general, but they're also in way too big clusters. Coins should be placed in small (ish) groups, and placed in good spots.

3) Enemy spam
Enemy rules sort of work like coin rules. Enemies should be placed in good spots that challenge the player, and not in huge clusters. This level does OK i guess with the enemies, but you need to spread them out and have less of them.

4)Fitting Music
The music here is all over the place, and it really doesn't have to be. When choosing music, thing of the area that the music is in. Like the castle area, use the Peach's Castle music, and the Snowy Area, use either use something like the SMB3 overworld theme, and the Desert Section, use some Desert Music

If you need help with levels, ask around! People will be happy to help you with your levels.
Also, I'm not hating on your level, I'm just helping :)

Muyoko
Tweeter
Tweeter

Re: My Very First Level Guys!

Postby Muyoko » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Oh cool! Thanks! I never really thought I got feedback this fast yet. Also, I guess that's a good point. I want to make my first world, so I guess this is a good start to look at my first level. I just am glad this game is actually still playable.

Return to “Casual Levels”