A Toad-tastic Adventure!

This is the place to post levels that are made just for fun.
Flumpty Bumpty
Koopa
Koopa

A Toad-tastic Adventure!

Postby Flumpty Bumpty » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Howdy! This "episode" (I don't even know if I'll submit this or not in the episode thread) is about Toad!

Preview: http://imgur.com/UIlc1Fy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ze85ett2mh2kd ... 21.7z?dl=0

Btw, This episode IS NOT finished, but I do plan on completing some time.

CopyLeft
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: A Toad-tastic Adventure!

Postby CopyLeft » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:03 pm

Spoiler: show
This. Sucks.

Firstly, you forgot to delete your save files. Secondly, why would you use the wood tile set in a castle area? There was also an unnecessary change of music in the mushroom room. Also, there is an SMB1 block, SMB3 tile sets, and SMW doors.

Level 1-1

Why on Earth would you put a jumping Paratroopa generator next to a chasing Paratroopa? Also, you can get a Tanooki Suit and Hammer Suit effortlessly IN THE FIRST LEVEL. Your only BGOs were the Bridges and some SMB1 grass in the beginning. That 1-up in a hidden block is hard not to get. Not to mention the bonus area has an unneeded change of music.

Level 1-2

Why would you have that bonus area, if you could call it that? There's no reward for getting past it, and if you go in there, no getting back out until you get to the end. Those Lakitus caused so many deaths, and were unneeded. Also, why do you have Cave Tiles in a Ghost House area.

Level 1-3

Why do you have a Spring generator? Also, that hidden block with the Propeller Block you basically HAVE to get, because when you jump, you will hit that block, and you will die. Also, it breaks the whole level. The level had too many themes that it became one giant mess. Also, only one Yoshi Coin? Also, this is the only Yoshi Coin in the entire unfinished episode!

Level 1-4

Hooray, another secret room that gives you way too much good stuff, including infinite lives! The Paratroopa at the beginning dies from the lava. Also, thanks for unneeded Goomba and Koopa generators right next to a Hammer Bro! There's also cutoff at the pipes in the lava. There's a random SMB2 BGO along with a random SMB2 enemy. The Bowser fight was laughably easy.

Also, this belongs in Projects, not Levels.

Pro Tip: Look at levels from The Best, and look at what they did.
Also, refer to bossedit8's What Not to Make in Super Mario Bros. X.
EDIT: I did not notice this was posted in Casual Levels. I'll keep my rant/review here, anyway, though.

Flumpty Bumpty
Koopa
Koopa

Postby Flumpty Bumpty » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:57 am

EpicMarioBro wrote:
Spoiler: show
This. Sucks.

Firstly, you forgot to delete your save files. Secondly, why would you use the wood tile set in a castle area? There was also an unnecessary change of music in the mushroom room. Also, there is an SMB1 block, SMB3 tile sets, and SMW doors.

Level 1-1

Why on Earth would you put a jumping Paratroopa generator next to a chasing Paratroopa? Also, you can get a Tanooki Suit and Hammer Suit effortlessly IN THE FIRST LEVEL. Your only BGOs were the Bridges and some SMB1 grass in the beginning. That 1-up in a hidden block is hard not to get. Not to mention the bonus area has an unneeded change of music.

Level 1-2

Why would you have that bonus area, if you could call it that? There's no reward for getting past it, and if you go in there, no getting back out until you get to the end. Those Lakitus caused so many deaths, and were unneeded. Also, why do you have Cave Tiles in a Ghost House area.

Level 1-3

Why do you have a Spring generator? Also, that hidden block with the Propeller Block you basically HAVE to get, because when you jump, you will hit that block, and you will die. Also, it breaks the whole level. The level had too many themes that it became one giant mess. Also, only one Yoshi Coin? Also, this is the only Yoshi Coin in the entire unfinished episode!

Level 1-4

Hooray, another secret room that gives you way too much good stuff, including infinite lives! The Paratroopa at the beginning dies from the lava. Also, thanks for unneeded Goomba and Koopa generators right next to a Hammer Bro! There's also cutoff at the pipes in the lava. There's a random SMB2 BGO along with a random SMB2 enemy. The Bowser fight was laughably easy.

Also, this belongs in Projects, not Levels.

Pro Tip: Look at levels from The Best, and look at what they did.
Also, refer to bossedit8's What Not to Make in Super Mario Bros. X.
EDIT: I did not notice this was posted in Casual Levels. I'll keep my rant/review here, anyway, though.

Thank you for the criticism, I'm such a noob when it comes to making levels :P. I honestly only made this for the heck of it, and 1-3 was very rushed, even though there was nothing I was in a hurry for. I should probably stick to just making standalone levels. But hey, atleast I know that somebody ACTUALLY DOWNLOADED AND TRIED IT. I didn't expect anyone to play it

CopyLeft
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby CopyLeft » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Aye, no problem!
Remember, practice makes perfect!

Return to “Casual Levels”