Space level :)

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:40 am

First of all, you can't pass the level without cheats if you don't have lua.

Anyways, this is my space level featuring low gravity just like super mario land 2. :)

Here's your screenie

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ofi9i ... rspace.zip

Also, could someone give me feedback??? No one has even replied to this for 3 days.

JupiHornet
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Re: Space level :)

Postby JupiHornet » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:23 pm

UNOFFICIAL REVIEW of OUTERSPACE by LIGHTHOUSE64

what did i just play o.o

Design (0/10)
I must be missing something here. I knew this wasn't going to be good when I found that no character except Luigi can even make the FIRST JUMP. In fact, I had to use ahippinandahoppin through this whole LEVEL. After a while I came to a sign that said "You can do a tornado move by pressing the A button." Now, maybe it's because I changed my controls so my A button doesn't do anything, but I pressed every button on my keyboard and nothing happened. Do I need LunaDLL for this?

Atmosphere (0.7/10)
The atmosphere here is totally barren. The points you get here are only for the music. The whole level is just a bunch of rounded structures made of SMW cave blocks, which don't really fit in a space level. The whole thing was way too open, and the custom enemies really looked bad.

Other Comments: I found no air in the galaxy :P

Overall 0.35/10 (The Trash Can)
I REALLY feel like I'm missing something here, so if I am, let me know and I'll review this level again. But for now, this is all I can really give you. Sorry D:

EDIT: I JUST SAW THE ORIGINAL POST I AM SUCH A NOOB OMFG

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:44 pm

Turtwig wrote:UNOFFICIAL REVIEW of OUTERSPACE by LIGHTHOUSE64

what did i just play o.o

Design (0/10)
I must be missing something here. I knew this wasn't going to be good when I found that no character except Luigi can even make the FIRST JUMP. In fact, I had to use ahippinandahoppin through this whole LEVEL. After a while I came to a sign that said "You can do a tornado move by pressing the A button." Now, maybe it's because I changed my controls so my A button doesn't do anything, but I pressed every button on my keyboard and nothing happened. Do I need LunaDLL for this?

Atmosphere (0.7/10)
The atmosphere here is totally barren. The points you get here are only for the music. The whole level is just a bunch of rounded structures made of SMW cave blocks, which don't really fit in a space level. The whole thing was way too open, and the custom enemies really looked bad.

Other Comments: I found no air in the galaxy :P

Overall 0.35/10 (The Trash Can)
I REALLY feel like I'm missing something here, so if I am, let me know and I'll review this level again. But for now, this is all I can really give you. Sorry D:

EDIT: I JUST SAW THE ORIGINAL POST I AM SUCH A NOOB OMFG

The tornado thing??? It's just the spin jump, except in outerspace it goes out so long that it seems like a tornado. Also, this isn't the review right??? Anyways I guess I'm no good at making any levels. :(

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:12 am

lighthouse64 wrote:Also, this isn't the review right??? Anyways I guess I'm no good at making any levels. :(
That is not the Point as of why your Levels are bad. You will get better so do not worry about that. @Turtwig didn't thought of playing this Level with LunaDLL or LunaLua or both in order to beat that Level proper.

By the way, I can't Play this Level due to LunaDLL and/or LunaLua scriptings in there. I don't have those main programs or anything that utulizes that. Someone else Needs to take care off then.

Destiny
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Destiny » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:07 am

lighthouse64 wrote:I guess I'm no good at making any levels. :(
Don't feel like that, I'm sure you will improve.

I will play this, the low gravity thing seems interesting.

EDIT: For some reason, the code doesn't loads, and a message appears when I open the file and when I test it.

JupiHornet
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck

Postby JupiHornet » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:18 am

Um lighthouse...my review doesn't count because I played your level without LunaLua D:
I didn't realize that I needed it to beat this level correctly.

Choco
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Choco » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:40 am

Alright bossedit8, I'll take care of this one.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:00 am

Shady Flux wrote:
lighthouse64 wrote:I guess I'm no good at making any levels. :(
Don't feel like that, I'm sure you will improve.

I will play this, the low gravity thing seems interesting.

EDIT: For some reason, the code doesn't loads, and a message appears when I open the file and when I test it.
You get an error message???

Destiny
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Destiny » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:32 pm

lighthouse64 wrote:
Shady Flux wrote:For some reason, the code doesn't loads, and a message appears when I open the file and when I test it.
It's not exactly a error, because the game continues but the code doesn't seems to load. I remember the message says something about "mainV2.lua" and "raocoin" (the first message says "raocoin", I don't remeber what the second message says, but it have also "mainV2.lua").

Remember that I have the latest version of LunaDLL+Lua.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:57 pm

Shady Flux wrote:
lighthouse64 wrote:
Shady Flux wrote:For some reason, the code doesn't loads, and a message appears when I open the file and when I test it.
It's not exactly a error, because the game continues but the code doesn't seems to load. I remember the message says something about "mainV2.lua" and "raocoin" (the first message says "raocoin", I don't remeber what the second message says, but it have also "mainV2.lua").

Remember that I have the latest version of LunaDLL+Lua.
Oh I see. You haven't downloaded the raocoin api that's why it's going crazy.

Choco
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Choco » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:12 am

Yeah, code doesn't work for me either.

Can you point us to this "raocoin.api"?

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:11 pm

Choco wrote:Yeah, code doesn't work for me either.

Can you point us to this "raocoin.api"?
ok sure. I'll just upload it here.

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:09 am

We may never get your level to work properly...

Choco
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Choco » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:42 am

Is the raocoin thing really necessary? We could probably play your level if you got rid of it...

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:46 am

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Image

We may never get your level to work properly...
Hmmm... I know! I'll send you the level without the raiocoin thing :D

So here u guys go! THX for being patient. :)

https://www.mediafire.com/?ofi9iicri49aqyb

Choco
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Choco » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:49 am

lighthouse64 wrote:Hmmm... I know! I'll send you the level without the raiocoin thing :D
Choco wrote:Is the raocoin thing really necessary? We could probably play your level if you got rid of it...
really? T_T

Anyway, I guess I'll try it out.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:01 am

Choco wrote:
lighthouse64 wrote:Hmmm... I know! I'll send you the level without the raiocoin thing :D
Choco wrote:Is the raocoin thing really necessary? We could probably play your level if you got rid of it...
really? T_T

Anyway, I guess I'll try it out.
THX :D Anyways, I am kinda guessing that it'll be ok. :p I just hope it doesn't get under 1.5...

Choco
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Choco » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:06 am

Oh boy, this level... was... uhh...

Official Review

Design/Gameplay - 2/10
Oh, wow, this was something. So you finally got the code working, but... I'm not sure I liked it. It did what it was intended to do, but it takes WAY too long to float back down to the ground. Anyway, the level itself felt linear and bland. Almost as if it was a demonstration of the code, not a real level. Alright, so I think the NPCs were spammed near the end. You had way too many of those enemies that climb the walls on one platform, you had to completely jump over it. Just put nothing there, that's a lot less pointless. Speaking of jumps, you had a lot of blind jumps in your level. I found myself just leaping and preying that I'd land on something. I also felt that the Dragon Coins were pointless. They didn't do anything. Lets talk about that pipe at the beginning. It fired out weird alien Koopa things. But the thing is, the Koopas don't have anywhere to go after that, they just walk off. Give them some use. Next up, what is THIS?
Graphically, this looks bad, but I'll get into that later. What is this supposed to be? It looks like a death trap for Spinies or something. I think I've covered about everything.

Graphics/Atmosphere - 1/10
The graphics were even worse. So we had a SMW cave tileset, trying to be passed off as "space" And then we have a black background with random markings and such. Not very space-like, mostly the tileset though. I guess you COULD use the background for space, but not with this tileset. Also, why are the Koopa's eyes green? Out of all the things you could have recolored to make it feel more like space, that was your choice. We have practically every enemy you could find in this level, and none of them belonged in space. A simple recolor could have done the trick. Let's talk about cutoff now. That image I showed you earlier is one thing. I think that was the worst cutoff in the level. Next up, the Bullet Bill cannons. They were on the corners of each space chunk thing (hopefully space chunk things is what you were going for) so below them, they were cut off. By the way, they were SMB3 cannons. This entire level clearly used SMW graphics. Also, there was... this.
And this.
The pipe is the problem, if anyone can't figure that out.

I feel like the switch blocks were a problem as well. You could have made them look like they belonged in space, or at least recolor them to match the level. That's about all I have to say.

Overall Score - 1.5/10
I felt like I was playing a very poor tech demo. Sorry.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:59 pm

Choco wrote:
Spoiler: show
Oh boy, this level... was... uhh...

Official Review

Design/Gameplay - 2/10
Oh, wow, this was something. So you finally got the code working, but... I'm not sure I liked it. It did what it was intended to do, but it takes WAY too long to float back down to the ground. Anyway, the level itself felt linear and bland. Almost as if it was a demonstration of the code, not a real level. Alright, so I think the NPCs were spammed near the end. You had way too many of those enemies that climb the walls on one platform, you had to completely jump over it. Just put nothing there, that's a lot less pointless. Speaking of jumps, you had a lot of blind jumps in your level. I found myself just leaping and preying that I'd land on something. I also felt that the Dragon Coins were pointless. They didn't do anything. Lets talk about that pipe at the beginning. It fired out weird alien Koopa things. But the thing is, the Koopas don't have anywhere to go after that, they just walk off. Give them some use. Next up, what is THIS?
Graphically, this looks bad, but I'll get into that later. What is this supposed to be? It looks like a death trap for Spinies or something. I think I've covered about everything.

Graphics/Atmosphere - 1/10
The graphics were even worse. So we had a SMW cave tileset, trying to be passed off as "space" And then we have a black background with random markings and such. Not very space-like, mostly the tileset though. I guess you COULD use the background for space, but not with this tileset. Also, why are the Koopa's eyes green? Out of all the things you could have recolored to make it feel more like space, that was your choice. We have practically every enemy you could find in this level, and none of them belonged in space. A simple recolor could have done the trick. Let's talk about cutoff now. That image I showed you earlier is one thing. I think that was the worst cutoff in the level. Next up, the Bullet Bill cannons. They were on the corners of each space chunk thing (hopefully space chunk things is what you were going for) so below them, they were cut off. By the way, they were SMB3 cannons. This entire level clearly used SMW graphics. Also, there was... this.
And this.
The pipe is the problem, if anyone can't figure that out.

I feel like the switch blocks were a problem as well. You could have made them look like they belonged in space, or at least recolor them to match the level. That's about all I have to say.

Overall Score - 1.5/10
I felt like I was playing a very poor tech demo. Sorry.
Ok, that's fine. :/ I knew I sucked anyways... But then again that's one of my older levels.
Last edited by bossedit8 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler inside the Quote added

Return to “The Trash Can”