Character Creation/Approval Thread

Share your own stories or make them up together.
Black Mamba
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Pronouns: They/Her

Re: Character Creation/Approval Thread

Postby Black Mamba » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:59 am

Tank
SPECIES: Bandit
APPEARANCE: Big grey bandit with a crooked and wicked grin on his face
BACKSTORY: Tank was never a nice kid. He was a bandit after all. He was destined for doom. He stole from he needy and served the privileged. He tried to straighten out when he joined the mushroom kingdom army, but he didn't make the cut. Sad and depressed he joined a gang. He stuck with that gang for the rest of his life until he met a girl. She was a pretty girl with a nice body and an awesome personality. Her name was Willow, and she was a bandit just like him. After dating for a couple of years, Tank decided to propose to Willow, on the bridge, that the rival gamg claimed. Tank was shot at, but Willow was the one who fell that night. Ever since, Tank has been wandering around the world, trying to find a way to apologize to the one girl that showed him the light.
EDIT: Personality: Angry, Rash and quick to judge.
Last edited by Black Mamba on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:32 am

Uzendayo, please have a look at the character template in the first post and then at the approved characters to get a better idea of how detailed your character should be.

Black Mamba
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Pronouns: They/Her

Postby Black Mamba » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:22 pm

How's he now Joey? Sorry bout before

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:28 pm

You still need to look at other characters to see what's acceptable.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Just curious, but did you overlook my character, or do you not support racist characters and therefore silently rejected it?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:44 am

Sorry, I must've just overlooked it. I like your character and the conflict that is created between red and green Koopas in the background. I don't think you need to call it racism, though, and you can't overwrite official material (saying that red Koopas didn't turn on ledges in SMB1).

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:37 pm

Are we allowed to create characters here were not using for roleplaying?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:40 pm

This thread is for characters that are intended to be used for roleplaying.

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:41 pm

Joey wrote:This thread is for characters that are intended to be used for roleplaying.
Ok I see. Would I been able to create a thread for creating characters for fun?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:59 pm

I don't think that would evolve beyond a forum game-like thread. If people want to actually discuss character creation and design, that's fine, but having a place just for everyone to post their own characters (and not actually discuss anything) isn't a good idea.

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:03 pm

Joey wrote:I don't think that would evolve beyond a forum game-like thread. If people want to actually discuss character creation and design, that's fine, but having a place just for everyone to post their own characters (and not actually discuss anything) isn't a good idea.
What if we were also aloud to talk about characters that we made up?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:09 pm

I have little reason to believe that people would do that. We need to move away from topics like that which don't promote actual discussion.

Project Mario

Postby Project Mario » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:15 pm

Name: Tanuki
Species: Human-type with a Tanooki Tail.
Appearance: Tanuki looks like Mario, a lot. Besides the fact that he has a Tanooki Tail forever, and his hat has a T on it instead of an M.
Personality: Tanuki is really friendly, but a bit shy when he suspects someone that is evil pretending to be good on his team.
Background: He usally is with his team, and they are mainly in Bowser's Castle stopping bad guys.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Well, my character I cam up with my own character based off myself, but it's in the fan fiction I'm writing using the members of the SMBX Community in my style of RPG writing. And plus, I'm using this character of me for my own fan story, "X-team zeta force"*. (So sorry for trying to make something original by scratch! :roll:)
*Which is no-longer an manga of mine. It'll just be an RPG story I'm making. And i'll work on once I get RPG Maker!
[*]name: U~Iriamu
[*]age: 21
[*]gender: Male
[*]Hair color: Purple
[*]Race: Human
[*]Class: Dragon Fighter (Both skilled at Hand-to-hand & Weapon combat)
[*]Character Bio: A wandering unknown fighter with an dark past. (Story of this character's past too dark just to explain.)

Well, that's my character info. All i have to do now is to write the first few pages of the story. Hopefully, you are entertained! ^.^')

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:53 pm

To Project Mario and NintendoOtaku93, please have a look at the first post of this thread as well as the approved characters to better understand what kinds of characters should be posted here.

Zarex
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Zarex » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:27 pm

Name: Zar
Species: Snifit
Appearance: Zar wears a red coat mostly, but if going to a castle or outside his village he wears blue.
Personality: Zar is a pretty nice guy, doesn't like to hurt people, but will in self defense. Zar can also be quite tricksy, mostly using everything he knows to try and put his enemies off track. Only very rarely does Zar purposely try to make something that will hurt anybody for fun.
Background: Zar was raised underground, in a base that held some creatures that were training to become minions for bowser. Zar didn't talk to anybody, because he didn't want to get in a fight, so he usually trained where there wasn't as many others. The day came when everybody was able to leave the base and battle for once. Zar got scared, thinking he would eventually die, so he ran away.

A while after he ran away he found a big forest, with toads living everywhere in houses. Everyone seemed to be nice there, and willing to accept him, even though some others thought he was just another one of bowsers minions sent out to act like a friend, and eventually betray them all. Zar assured them he was not going to hurt them, and that he hated hurting others. Eventually everyone agreed to let him be a part of their village.

that's the story, hope you like it!
i will edit is if you think it is not ready... but if you think Zar is ready for approval the great!

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi, Zarex. Welcome to the forums!

Please have a look at the approved character listing on the first post - that will give you a better idea of what kinds of characters we're looking for. Yours needs a lot more detail.

YellowMe
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby YellowMe » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:45 pm

Name: Tyke ( Real name: Lán sè Lǜ )
Species: Goomba

Appearance: Tyke looks a lot like most goombas. Though he has only one tooth on the left side of his mouth, green dirty sneakers, and a red cap turned to his right side. One thing that really distinguishes him from other goombas is his eyes. Having heterochromia, his left eye is blue and his right is green.

Personality: Tyke is quite a mischievous child. He isn't liked by many goombas because of that. He is also impertinent, so he was a difficult child. You'll often find him stealing someones stuff or playing pranks on other goombas. He is also very daring and brave. He doesn't show it a lot, but he has a soft side he doesn't like talking about. He is also a pretty good listener and knows when to take someone seriously. Which brings us to his background.

Background: When Tyke was born, his parents were very happy and took care of him with love. But that ended soon since three months later, a group of ninjis came and stole all their food and prized possessions. Including the basket Tyke was in. When the ninjis realized they took Tyke, they simply left him in the Forest of Illusion.

He walked around confused and sad, without his parents and without anyone to take care of him. He was lost for a day. Until he ran into a para-goomba, parachuting off of trees for fun. She landed on him and hit his head. She felt sorry for him and asked if he was okay. He started crying and she started frantically looking for something to make him feel better. Eventually she found a 1-up mushroom and gave it to him. He quickly gobbled up the mushroom because he was really hungry. She let him sleep in her bed until he woke up.

Waking up, Tyke was really confused where he was, not remembering anything at all. His parents, his home, the group of ninjis. Every memory of his past was erased. Tyke asked where he was. First, Shelly ( Pronounced: Selly ) said her name and then explained what happened. Tyke was still confused, but not as much. He wanted her to take care of him. Shelly agreed, but said she wouldn't be able to constantly take care of him. Tyke understood.

Years passed and Tyke lived with Shelly until she didn't return home once. He looked around the forest for days and came across a village. He asked around and nobody has seen her. He didn't look around much because he was worried he would get lost again. Tyke never learned about his past and where Shelly went. Tyke was happily accepted into the village and is currently living there. Everybody calls him Tyke because they don't know his real name, and is a very mischievous and cheeky child. He is happy living in the village. But when he grows up and matures, he will look for Shelly and look into his past.

Mhm. Well... That was fun to write. What do you think?
Last edited by YellowMe on Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oareuxj
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Oareuxj » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Name: Clark Oregon
Species: Koopa
Appearance: Red shell, (SMW Version), Usually wears a Fedora and suit, sounds and looks like James Spader (and slightly based off of his appearance in The Blacklist)
Personality: Kind to those he respects or does not know, aggressive and or non-tolerant to others who are rude but shows it in a calm way. Doesn’t usually yell. He is not merciful at all, but shows remorse for those who die. His personal choice in a gun is the glock 17. His secondary weapon is a colt m1911. His third and own gun is similar to a p91. He likes fedoras and hats in general. And he enjoys soccer.
Background: Clark Oregon. He has lived most of his life in the Mushroom Kingdom, after his parents illegally immigrated there from Bowser’s Kingdom. When he was 14, his parents were brutally shot and killed during a drive by shooting involving the gang known as “ Bill “. He inherited the house and lived alone for a long, long time, knowing well the Kingdom wouldn’t be so kind to a Koopa in Child Services. Every night, he would fall asleep to the sound of war outside his bedroom. At that time, most of the police and guards were out fighting, leaving a small group of Neighborhood watch and whatever was left of the state police. So gang tensions became higher, trying to claim new territory with no one stopping them but the unarmed citizens. Clark knew, his life wouldn’t be long with this. Either Bowser’s kingdom would take over and execute him as a traitor, or the gangs would take over and execute him because of his species. Either way, he wasn’t safe. Clark wanted more than anything to have means of defense, fighting wasn’t an option, and neither was finding power ups thanks to the war. There was one thing though, an old fairy tail but still may be true despite all the negative theories against it. Mario’s birthplace. When he first came to the Mushroom Kingdom, he told of a world where they had democracies, and people who lived there could vote for who they wanted as a leader. Where they had weapons of such power, Bowser would tremble at their might. He told these weapons were very similar to Bullet Bills, but never gave their true design or secrets. After years of hunting, research, and even design, he obtained three of these weapons and designed/built his own. He obtained two small shipment containers (about two feet in diameter) with ammunition, and stored them and the weapons away safely. Keeping his own designed weapon by his side at all times. He may not be an expert shot, but he knows how to use it. Clark Oregon then started up his own sort of “Gang” except this wasn’t any ordinary gang. It was a business. It grew and grew for a long time, until it became a really powerful organization. Yet with this power, they did nothing that attracted any attention at all. Their business was quick, silent, and above all, dangerous. Information on what they do is unknown. Current whereabouts of Clark are bouncing from rumor to rumor. And no one knows what he’s been up to lately.
(Just to know: His business doesn’t involve guns or using guns at all unless you’re dealing with Clark himself.)
(THIS IS AN OC FROM ONE OF MY FICTIONS)
(JUST A NOTE)
I don't want to be Overpowered using a gun, so my char will RARELY use it. For Self Defense but never to attack anyone. I really hate sounding Overpowered, but I didn't want to snip out anything from my fiction so it matched up. (I have not posted my fiction because the story is private ATM)
I could refrain from using the gun in any role play if you wish.
Last edited by Oareuxj on Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Taker
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Taker » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:52 pm

Name: ACE2894
Species: Robot
Appearance: ACE Shapeshifts a lot. But his main form, version 1.0 is a tall black koopa with a black shell. All of the outlines on the koopa turn light blue. The eyes are cyan.
Personality: Vengeful. ACE seeks Mario, so he destroys anything on his way to accomplish his objectives.
Background: ACE2894 is a robot. He can transform into any other species of the Mushroom Kingdom by getting their blood in a special needle, which he deposits inside a CD that shapeshifts him into the creature. He mainly uses a snake like form(those froom SMB2 which name I can't remember), and his abilities depend on his forms. He also can use power ups with almost any form, but some already have a built in power up, like the CD-001 Venus Firetrap, which comes with a fire flower. Some forms come with a built in power up, but it can be changed. The Sniffit form is blue, it's built in power up is the Mushroom. If you get a fire flower, you turn into a Red Sniffit, which is faster in general. But a Hammer Suit makes it a Black Sniffit, which shoots 2 bullets, and is quicker than a red one. He was created on castle 8#, by Ludwig Von Koopa, after the events of Super Mario World. ACE has been trained and he can also use Modifications, which can be weapons like a Bullet Bill blaster, or Body Add-Ons like a Tanooki Tail(Different from the Tannoki Leaf. It allows you to fly forever like a P-Wing but it gets slower and consumes energy over time.)

Return to “Fan Fiction and Roleplaying”