Character Creation/Approval Thread

Share your own stories or make them up together.
Streetzero

Re: Character Creation/Approval Thread

Postby Streetzero » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:33 pm

Alright, I think I've fixed it. Should be all good to go now.

Radishl

Postby Radishl » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:18 pm

Name: Damon
Species: Hammer bro

Appearance: Damon has slick black hair that runs down to his eyes. Has both a black shell with white line patterns throughout it and a black and white helmet. Ontop of his helmet are multicolored feathers that droop down to his shell. Across Damon's neck is a necklace with a blue crystal in the middle. The beads of the necklace are multicolored and can change color depending on mood. Spikes protrude out through the shell in specific symmetrical points. Damon has two katanas with a black and red handle which stick out of his medium sized, light brown knapsack.
Unlike the usual hammer bro species, Damon has a dark reddish skin complexion. This skin type causes him to become resistant to lava and other hot surfaces. Damon has black boots polished so well to the point they smarkle in certain instances, especially in a bright and sunny day. Damon also has two mini hammers aswell as a large black hammer on both sides of his knapsack, attached to a hook.

Personality: Brash and brazen, Damon has a charming personality that never fails to astonish onlookers.
At best his cocky demeanor causes him to triumph against foes and at worst gets him into fights among his comrades.
Damon suffers from anger however and is quick to snap on occasion. Despite his apparent power and confidence, Damon is quick to shy away when challenged. This often hurts his reputation as a result.

Background: Damon was born in the outskirts of the Dark land. Being the first born child, Damon had to face a lot of challenges on his own. This caused him to develop the personalities he has now. Having been trained in the barracks of the Koopa troop, Damon is very well adapt to the battlefield. Showcasing an array of fighting, and military combat when pushed to fight. Damon spent the majority of his childhood within the barracks.

Damon had been training until he was 12, the last attack by Mario on the Turtle empire. As a result of this, the Koopa troop disbanded. Damon, grief stricken at the death of his people, caused him to develop anger issues. Damon wandered the Mushroom World looking for new opportunities and people to challenge. He found a place to call home in the forests of the Mushroom Kingdom. Specifically he found an Inn full of people just like him, people who fled the Dark land.

The people of the inn trained and fought with Damon occasionally and together they taught him a wide diversity of battle tactics and skills. They even gave him various weapons including two katanas. Eventually, Damon got himself into trouble in the inn. Caught stealing various weapons, Damon was forced to run away. Damon continued his long and lonely journey in the Mushroom kingdom.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:38 pm

Approved Damon and Prism. These will be the last ones that'll be able to join the current RP if they wish, unless somebody comes in within the next day and has a character that is approved before I introduce a wave of characters.

Feel free to create more characters, though. That process doesn't have to stop.

Ecruteak
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It's been...
Pronouns: she/they

Postby Ecruteak » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:30 pm

Joey wrote:What I meant earlier was that you should remove all instances of "ShyGuy37" and references to your real life. Things like YouTube channels aren't really appropriate either. Other than that, it's better. Are we sure Shy Guys speak their own specific language, though?
I see. I've fixed all references to my life and added a bit more to the personality and background. And Shy Guys do speak their own language- they make little "woi, wao, waoo" noises. I learnt from playing Mario Kart and various other games.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:05 pm

I'd like some more detail about the adventure he went on with the puzzle, but I'll approve him nonetheless. You can join the RP as well if you'd like.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:04 am

Joey wrote:Approved Damon and Prism. These will be the last ones that'll be able to join the current RP if they wish, unless somebody comes in within the next day and has a character that is approved before I introduce a wave of characters.

Feel free to create more characters, though. That process doesn't have to stop.
Joey I'm sorry for bugging you but you never replied to my improved Goomblake post

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:25 am

Your character kind of overuses the concepts of the internet/cell phones/etc. and needs more development in background and personality outside of that.

Erik
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Erik » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:15 pm

Name: Jack Koopa
Species: Koopa

Appearance:
Jack has messy black hair, a dark red shell and a brown hat. He has the same teeth as Morton and he's is about as tall as Larry, although he's about as old as Ludwig.

Personality
Jack is a sailor, he loves the sea and his ship, the Victory. He is a funny person with barely understandable humour. He is also not very smart, "he mostly does before he thinks"

Background:
Jack is born in a village, close to Grumble Volcano, Dark Land. When he was 10 years old, he fell into the Grumble Volcano. Everyone thought he was dead, but he landed on an abandoned food/drinks basement. He could survive there for 3 years with mainly dry bread and water. When he found a way to escape the village was destroyed, who could have done this? He travelled to the borders of Dark Land.

After 5 years of travelling he saw a village and went there. Then he saw Mario and hide himself in a coffee bar. When he looked out of the window he saw Mario fighting Ludwig, Lemmy, Roy & Iggy. Mario lost and runned away as fast as he could. Then they came into the bar, Ludwig: "4 coffee, please". They talked about something, but it wasn't understandable because they were almost whispering. Jack tried to understand it and then Ludwig showed his brothers a map. He said the words; "If we don't only take Peach, but her house as well". They started laughing. The next day Jack took a Wiggler so he could travel faster. After 3 days he was at Bowser's Castle (Grumble Volcano is on the other side of Dark Land). He became a member of the special forces. One day he was at home, he heard someone was banging on his door. It was Ludwig, with Lemmy, Roy and Iggy. Jack; "Come in". Ludwig; "Thank you". Jack gave them coffee and then Ludwig said: "We need a commander for the navy". Jack was so surprised that he dropped his coffee. Since that day he's been commander of the Koopa Troop Navy fleet 7.ame: Jack Koopa
Last edited by Erik on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:39 pm

"Same as the Koopalings" is not a species. "Koopa" is fine. References to rum and beer don't really fit and should be removed. Needs more personality development and more background info.

Your post also has numerous structural flaws, including English grammar/spelling/punctuation errors, short sentences, instances of script writing, and inline dialogue.

Erik
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Erik » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:05 am

How about it now?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:28 am

You need more background information, and a lot more personality development.

LemonOtter

Postby LemonOtter » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:26 pm

I've considered changing my race to Beanish. After revisiting bowser's inside story and looking at possible designs with fawful, I thought he'd look AMAZING in a fedora.

ill get back on that when I've made a solid look

Expected
Bit
Bit

Postby Expected » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:12 am

Ooh, roleplaying threads! I know that there is a current RP going on now, but I suppose I'll make a character for the next one.

Name: Koso
Species: Koopa Paratroopa.
Appearance: Long blue hair. Spiky in the front, long in the back. Red shell.
Personality: Somewhat cowardly, very intelligent, and very prone to emotion. He's still willing to have a good time, though, and sometimes cracks jokes. Watch as his funny exterior makes way for his scarred interior once the heat is on.
Backstory: Koso lived a perfectly normal life in a peaceful Koopa village in the woods. His family was kind and caring, and the other members of the village were all happy and playful. That is, except for the fact that neither he, nor any of the other villagers, were allowed to leave the boundaries of the village. A select few in the village were allowed to venture to the wall and trade with any other merchants willing. Koso's curiosity got the best of him, though, and he sneaked into a box meant to be delivered to somewhere beyond the village.
When Koso looked outside of the box, though, he found that he was in the room of Bowser's castle meant for incoming packages to be searched and checked. Koso was apprehended and given to Bowser as a slave, hurt and abused constantly. Koso noticed something about Bowser, though. Koso noticed that every now and then, Bowser didn't seem ... normal ... right ... there was something off. Koso eventually found a way to escape from the castle, somewhat scarred, somewhat stronger. Koso knew that he had to take down the regime of Bowser, but he also knew that he needed to find other people to help him. Koso returned to his village, telling his family and friends of what had happened and what he was going to do next. Before he left to find others to help him stop Bowser, though, he was given a sword by his grandfather, infused with the power of the Fire Flower. Although he can use it to some degree currently, it'll take a while before he can unlock its true potential. As Koso journeyed across all sorts of lands, he realized that there might be some good in Bowser?...

---

This is my first time doing a formal RP like this, so please tell me if I need to add or change anything. Thank you!

rtyuik

Dalak

Postby rtyuik » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:49 pm

MARIO ROLEPLAY :o mai god
Name: Dalak
Species: Magikoopa
Appearance: Similar to Kamek but with black coat and white D on chest
Personality: Friendly
Background: Kamek's opposite twin. Friends: Mario, Luigi, Le Toads ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ,Peach, and Daisy

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Name: Francis
Species: Koopa

Appearence: Francis' red shell is marked with scratches from when he worked for Bowser's army. The shell's red itself is weaker than it was when he was young and just started his duty at the army. Like most red koopas, he wears red shoes, and in addition to that a small pair of glasses which he keeps on his nose. His long moustache and beard (imagine a chinese person with a thin beard and long moustache) are white and his brown eyes are those of someone who escaped death multiple times. In his left hand he holds a walking stick, which has a Fire-Flower shaped top and is crudely painted in red and blue going up in a spiral, although the colour is very faint.

Personality: Francis is a racist Koopa who despises the colour green. Being bullied by green Koopas in school marked his personality for life, and he's on bad terms with any person in green he ever met. When his rage is not triggered by a green person/creature around him, Francis is a calm Koopa, tackling problems slowly and with thought, rather than rushing forward and risking anything. When put in a group he tries to organise it (and kill the greens). [another point of his personality is explained in the backstory]

Background: As a child, Francis had a big interest in Bowser's Army. He heard about the King's plan to capture the princess and expand the Koopa Kingdom's territory, and was fascinated. Soon enough, the Magikoopa Managment (of alliteration) enlisted him in the army, and they gave him a spot as the first red Koopa in World 5-3. When the plumber arrived to save his girl, he stomped on Francis. Francis could feel the determination in his jump and his desire to save the princess, and looked back through his shell to watch him continue his quest.

The red Koopa forces weren't skilled at that time, so (despite what official lore says), they behaved just like green Koopas. They were falling off cliffs and generally didn't seem as smart as they are nowadays. When Francis silently followed Mario through the last worlds, observing his movements and tactics, he realised that he, unlike his Koopa kompanions, turns around when close to falling off a cliff.

After the first war of the Mushroom Kingdom ended, he practiced turning on cliffs in private, perfecting his technique, before turning to his red friends and sharing it with them. Francis told everyone that said technique has to be kept secret from the green Koopas at all cost. He threatened them by claiming to have connections to Mario and that he could arrange a quick and tidy Koopa massacre, if he wanted to. The new technique proved to be a success in the third war (SMB3), where all red Koopas used this technique to ambush Mario from behind (well.. if he jumped over them and didn't move very fast). Francis was enlisted in the very first world, but completely ignored by Mario. However, he couldn't help but follow him and observe him on his quest. At this point it was obvious - even to Francis himself, that he liked the Plumber in Red.

In his free time he studied Mario's moves, trying to become more skilled to be on par with his idol. Some Koopas, the newly enlisted blue breed of Koopas, secretly watched him, wondered what Francis was doing, and reported him to the King for "unusual behaviour". He was kicked out of the army shortly before the war over Dinosaur Land (SMW) and settled down alone in the northwest corner of the Vanilla Dome, saving up movey for a ship and soon sailing through the worlds, looking for his favourite plumber.
Every now and then Francis visits Toad Town. At first they were sceptical about a Koopa casually walking into their town, but since his first visit he became friends with the Toads and always told them stories from his adventures. The kids in town call him "Francis the Adventurer", which brings a smile to Francis' face every time he hears it. Even to this day, he still goes on adventures, sailing into unexplored territory, but also returning to see his friends.

A few years after Francis was kicked out of the army, these news also spread to Bowser's Kingdom. Despite the knowledge he gathered for his fellow Koopas, they now call him "Francis the Traitor" and "The Fallen Strategist". Some Koopas are still in contact with Francis, but they keep the relationship secret.

After all these years, Francis' dream of going on an adventure together with Mario is still strong. "Love transcends time", as they say, fully applies to Francis; and he won't stop looking until time takes him to the Underwhere forever.

E: Improved formatting, fixed bug related to time.
Last edited by Emral on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chibi54

Postby Chibi54 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:06 pm

Name: Chibi Uzumaki
Species: Human?(no one is fully sure.)
Appearance: Looks like Mario but has a blue Hat and shirt, yellow overalls, brownwings hidden in his shirt, and a blue C on his hat
Personality: Chibi is carefree and like to have fun. But when he's mad, let's just say you better run. Chibi can make friends easily.
Background: Chibi is the Jinjuriki of Kurama, the Kyuubi. Even though Chibi was born in space, he live near a forest and toad town. Chibi's Parents are Dialga and Palkia(Somehow, Chibi got a human appearance. Has a 10% of happening when Legendaries mate). Chibi's Brother is Ibihc. Chibi has a wife named Peachigo and 2 kids named Chibi Jr.(male) and Peachigo Jr.(Female). Some of Chibi's friends are Luigimariolover123 and GoldenMidnight108. Chibi's Best friend is Bluefire, the dark blue yoshi.

Chibi had it a bit rough at first, but eventually, he and Ibihc managed to get along with the people of Toad Town. Chibi leared Ninjutsu and how to use Ki in fights. When fights get hard for Chibi, he'd power up with sage mode or the Kiao ken. Bluefire always has wing and can breath fire and use water style Jutsu. Bluefire was also a bit of an oddball, but eventually met Chibi, who treated him like a living being. When Chibi's rage gets the better of him, he activates Kurama's Chakra and uses his cloak (watch naruto vs Sasuke) to help him fight with more power and speed.

Chibi learned how to control Kurama's power. He even achieved his Super, hyper, turbo, and burst forms with Kurama's power. Chibi's wings can only be used to fly, but for combat as well. Chibi can hold many weaons on ground when he uses his wings. Chibi can create the Kyuubi Sword by forming Kurama's Chakra into a sword. Chib will always fight to protect those dear to him.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:17 pm

Chibi54, please read the first post of this topic and find the approved characters. Take a look at these characters to better get a feel for what type of character you should create.

Chibi54

Postby Chibi54 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:00 am

Dude, I feel ok with my character. He was like that when I made him a year ago. I'm not changing him now.

Muyoko
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Muyoko » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:42 am

Chibi54 wrote:Dude, I feel ok with my character. He was like that when I made him a year ago. I'm not changing him now.
Listen. I understand how hard it is to edit a character to fit with the setting, but it is really important you edit the character for a more serious feel. Trust me, the character is more believable for the story once this happens. (Also, it will make your character less of a Mario re color and more of his own unique character.)

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:53 am

I put in one detail that I left out about my character.

Return to “Fan Fiction and Roleplaying”