Character Creation/Approval Thread

Share your own stories or make them up together.
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Re: Character Creation/Approval Thread

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:09 pm

I still want to know more about his personality. Also, read through your background info again and make sure everything looks and sounds natural.

(also, I really don't want to have to go through this process if you do start participating in the RP. proper English is a must, and I don't want your posts to get deleted)

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:18 pm

Joey wrote:I still want to know more about his personality. Also, read through your background info again and make sure everything looks and sounds natural.

(also, I really don't want to have to go through this process if you do start participating in the RP. proper English is a must, and I don't want your posts to get deleted)
How much information do want about his personality?

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:39 pm

Now do I have enough information?

Ecruteak
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It's been...
Pronouns: she/they

Postby Ecruteak » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:03 am

Name: Bill

Species: Shy Guy

Appearance: A green Shy Guy with a translator around his neck, so he can speak many languages, including English. Without the translator, he'd just speak in the language of Shy Guys. His mask is slightly greying and the strap at the back of his head is red instead of brown. His translator consists of a grey, rectangular box and a red circle switch with a triangle poking out of the top. The technology used in the translator is unknown to anyone. Even Bill doesn't know who made it, or how.

Personality: Bill is timid and shy, but tends to get mad easily, sometimes exploding at others when provoked. Loves playing video games, eating, reading and drawing. Dislikes most forms of exercise. He always (and I mean ALWAYS) carries around his 3DS and a large variety of games (placed in a special box that shrinks to fit in his pocket). He is friends with a variety of other enemies including many Shy Guys and he spends almost all of his time gaming, so he frequently has to put up with headaches. The only sport he likes is swimming, his favourite food is chicken nuggets and his favourite fruit is bananas. Sometimes gets bullied because he dislikes sports and he plays Nintendo games instead of what everyone else is playing these days, and the bullies usually aim to provoke him so he can yell at them, leading to laughter from the bullies. He is quite clumsy, occasionally dropping things and tripping over. He dislikes the concept of life partners and prefers to not look for a girlfriend at this age.

Bill is highly intelligent and excels in many different subjects (except for Maths) and he is very good at solving puzzles. This all came from one adventure where he needed to solve a particularly difficult riddle to progress.

Background: Bill used to work at Bowser's Castle. He had no specific name, and as far as he was concerned, he was just Shy Guy #37. One day, he and his friend Jeff escaped the castle and ran to the woods. They went their separate ways, and long story short, Bill befriended the heroes and currently lives alone in the Mushroom Kingdom, where he likes to play his 3DS. He has been on many adventures taking him through sewers, deserts, mountains, etc. All of these adventures were never at his will, as he is almost always some sort of "chosen one" who needs to go on quests. When he came back from an adventure once, he found his name very confusing to say, and saying Shy Guy would confuse him with other Shy Guys, so he decided that he wanted everyone to call him Bill. That was a few years ago, and now Bill lives comfortably in the Mushroom Kingdom. He was given the translator by Princess Peach one day, which he considers a gift.

When Bill was very young, he had witnessed many advertisements about Nintendo games, leading him to have his extreme interest in video games. Also, around the age of 5, he played football but he frequently got injured and never really played the actual game, but rather, ran around the field, so he quit and he now has a dislike of sports. He loves swimming because he considers it to be a sport that is very hard to injure yourself doing. The reason why he yells at everyone when angered is because around the age of 7, when he was first employed to work for Bowser (this is normal in Shy Guy terms), he was frequently bossed around while manufacturing Bob-Ombs and Mechakoopas due to his young age. He had gotten fed up with this after five years, so at the age of 12, he and a blue Shy Guy named Jeff escaped (as mentioned before).

Before going to work for Bowser, Bill, his older sister Jen (who had already left to work for Bowser) and his parents lived in a small house in the mountains. Because he lived there, Bill isn't afraid of heights, but he is afraid of almost every insect and arachnid in existence, because one day in his childhood, he had woken up to a large spider on a wall of his house when he was around 4 years old.
Last edited by Ecruteak on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:56 am, edited 7 times in total.

Radishl

Postby Radishl » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:43 am

Name: Damon
Species: Hammer bro

Appearance: Damon has slick black hair that runs down to his eyes. Has both a black shell with white line patterns throughout it and a black and white helmet. Ontop of his helmet are multicolored feathers that droop down to his shell. Across Damon's neck is a necklace with a blue crystal in the middle. The beads of the necklace are multicolored and can change color depending on mood. Spikes protrude out through the shell in specific symmetrical points. Damon has two katanas with a black and red handle which stick out of his medium sized, light brown knapsack.
Unlike the usual hammer bro species, Damon has a dark reddish skin complexion. This skin type causes him to become resistant to lava and other hot surfaces. Damon has black boots polished so well to the point they smarkle in certain instances, especially in a bright and sunny day. Damon also has two mini hammers aswell as a large black hammer on both sides of his knapsack, attached to a hook.

Personality: Brash and brazen, Damon has a charming personality that never fails to astonish onlookers.
At best his cocky demeanor causes him to triumph against foes and at worst gets him into fights among his comrades.
Damon suffers from anger however and is quick to snap on occasion. Despite his apparent power and confidence, Damon is quick to shy away when challenged. This often hurts his reputation as a result.

Background: Damon was born in the outskirts of the Dark land. Being the first born child, Damon had to face a lot of challenges on his own. This caused him to develop the personalities he has now. Having been trained in the barracks of the Koopa troop, Damon is very well adapt to the battlefield. Showcasing an array of fighting, and military combat when pushed to fight. Damon spent the majority of his childhood within the barracks.

Damon had been training until he was 12, the last attack by Mario on the Turtle empire. As a result of this, the Koopa troop disbanded. Damon, grief stricken at the death of his people, caused him to develop anger issues. Damon wandered the Mushroom World looking for new opportunities and people to challenge. He found a place to call home in the forests of the Mushroom Kingdom. Specifically he found an Inn full of people just like him, people who fled the Dark land.
Last edited by Radishl on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:57 am

What about the update to my character?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:58 am

ShyGuy37 needs more personality and background development (remove all of the parts where you say he's like you) and needs an actual name. Keeping the part about him not knowing his name is fine and could create some good avenues for character development, but he has to have a name that he calls himself or that others call him. You should explain the significance of the translator around his neck.

Damon needs more background development.
Spinda wrote:What about the update to my character?
He looks better, but I'd like to see you develop his personality more.
SuperMario12345 wrote:Now do I have enough information?
Better, but why does he create arguments?

Radishl

Postby Radishl » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:31 pm

Improved my post, check it out!

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:53 pm

Characters can't be designed with their backgrounds being in the context of the current RP. Also, for the current RP, your character must be good.

Radishl

Postby Radishl » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Joey wrote:Characters can't be designed with their backgrounds being in the context of the current RP. Also, for the current RP, your character must be good.
Removed the parts of him having hatred for mushroom kingdom ect. Aswell as removed the invasion part.

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:26 pm

SuperMario12345 wrote:Now do I have enough information?
Joey wrote:Better, but why does he create arguments?

He sometimes creates arguments by saying something about stuff he doesn't agree with which usually ends up leading to an agreement.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:29 pm

You need to develop that more within your character, SuperMario12345.

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:13 pm

The Personality has been developed more.
Last edited by PersonNamedUser on Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:19 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:Name: Goomblake
Species: Goomba
Appearance: Goomblake always carries his scarlet cell phone around to look stuff up. He is of rather average appearance, but instead of being beige, his abdomen has a floral orange-and-white Hawaiian pattern on it. Instantly noticeable is the cool, stylish fedora atop his head.
Personality: Goomblake is inquisitive but also rather nosy. He likes to learn and know everything about a given creature or area, even when it is dangerous to do so. He is apt to linger around areas instead of pressing forward, even when it is detrimental to others' interests. He also can be rather foolish in real-world situations outside of school and the dorm. He's not exactly greedy, but he is eager to pay off his student loans.
Background: Growing up poor, Goomblake always entertained himself with going outside and reading encyclopedias. This instilled a love of knowledge and made him aspire to travel the world and catalogue its secrets. Goomblake was the first in his family to earn a scholarship and go to college, but he got a job and started earning disposable money. Unfortunately, he kept mismanaging his money, like giving his "friends" loans and eating in restaurants a lot, and he blew off studying, so he quickly ran out of money for college even with the job (despite the fact that he can afford a cell phone and data plan). Nowadays, he works at his old university, the University of Goom, as a customer service representative. He commonly takes breaks to adventure for memories and money, but this has not put him in the university's good graces. He spends his afternoons unproductively reading fanfiction, watching television. and browsing the Internet. His aspiration is to be paid to explore the Mushroom World, but unfortunately for him the college he left already covered all 4 corners of it. Goomblake simultaneously looks up to and is jealous of Mario for all the secret places in Dinosaur Land and the Mushroom Kingdom that he discovered.

Radishl

Postby Radishl » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:13 pm

Name: Damon
Species: Hammer bro

Appearance: Damon has slick black hair that runs down to his eyes. Has both a black shell with white line patterns throughout it and a black and white helmet. Ontop of his helmet are multicolored feathers that droop down to his shell. Across Damon's neck is a necklace with a blue crystal in the middle. The beads of the necklace are multicolored and can change color depending on mood. Spikes protrude out through the shell in specific symmetrical points. Damon has two katanas with a black and red handle which stick out of his medium sized, light brown knapsack.
Unlike the usual hammer bro species, Damon has a dark reddish skin complexion. This skin type causes him to become resistant to lava and other hot surfaces. Damon has black boots polished so well to the point they smarkle in certain instances, especially in a bright and sunny day. Damon also has two mini hammers aswell as a large black hammer on both sides of his knapsack, attached to a hook.

Personality: Brash and brazen, Damon has a charming personality that never fails to astonish onlookers.
At best his cocky demeanor causes him to triumph against foes and at worst gets him into fights among his comrades.
Damon suffers from anger however and is quick to snap on occasion. Despite his apparent power and confidence, Damon is quick to shy away when challenged. This often hurts his reputation as a result.

Background: Damon was born in the outskirts of the Dark land. Being the first born child, Damon had to face a lot of challenges on his own. This caused him to develop the personalities he has now. Having been trained in the barracks of the Koopa troop, Damon is very well adapt to the battlefield. Showcasing an array of fighting, and military combat when pushed to fight. Damon spent the majority of his childhood within the barracks.

Damon had been training until he was 12, the last attack by Mario on the Turtle empire. As a result of this, the Koopa troop disbanded. Damon, grief stricken at the death of his people, caused him to develop anger issues. Damon wandered the Mushroom World looking for new opportunities and people to challenge. He found a place to call home in the forests of the Mushroom Kingdom. Specifically he found an Inn full of people just like him, people who fled the Dark land.

The people of the inn trained and fought with Damon occasionally and together they taught him a wide diversity of battle tactics and skills. They even gave him various weapons including two katanas. Eventually, Damon got himself into trouble in the inn. Caught stealing various weapons, Damon was forced to run away. Damon continued his long and lonely journey in the Mushroom kingdom.
Last edited by Radishl on Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ecruteak
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It's been...
Pronouns: she/they

Postby Ecruteak » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:33 pm

I've updated my post. I gave him a proper name, expanded his personality and explained his translator in more detail.

Streetzero

Postby Streetzero » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:30 pm

I figured if I'm going to stick around, I should get to know you all. I think RPing might be a good way of doing that. So here I am.

Name: Prism
Species: Fire Bro
Appearance: Looks just as your standard Fire Bro would look, except he wears red fingerless gloves and a sharp, pointed helmet. (Think that of Zero from his own series, but without the blue gem and the black is white, as in the standard Fire Bro helmet colour scheme)
Personality: Prism follows the path of the warrior. He lives to become stronger, and as a result he doesn't talk too much as it doesn't help him. When he does talk however, he is a rather kind-hearted, soft-spoken and polite person (despite his goals) who will at least try to help out anyone who asks, no matter what it is they might need help with. Usually he doesn't do a good job unless it involves fighting, so he has something of an inferiority complex. On the bright side, though, he knows how to suppress his feelings and remain calm even when he feels lesser than others.
Background: Prism was born in a forest, alongside his twin brother - a Hammer Bro named Paris - and lived there for the vast majority of his childhood in a treehouse built by his parents. In this time, Prism was something of a loudmouth who really didn't know when to shut up. As a result, he was constantly told to quieten down and that remains part of the reason he doesn't talk much. Prism was also always something of a clumsy kid in his childhood and when his parents needed him to help out in the house, he would always end up breaking something. Eventually his parents just started asking Paris to do things instead; leaving Prism to feel useless. This is where his inferiority complex started to form.
Come the age of 14, both Prism and Paris set out on a journey to travel the world. While on their travels, they tended to get caught in poor situations: however they usually always escaped without any issues. At some point however, Roy Koopa shown up and began terrorizing the village the twins were resting in with a small group. In the panic, Prism ended up setting his own hands and feet alight while trying to fight; he began to fight off Roy's group like that instead. Despite his efforts, Prism couldn't keep up with his brother and they were separated. These events greatly upset Prism, and due to that he couldn't help his brother his inferiority complex came into full swing. It was here that Prism decided he must become stronger so he doesn't have to deal with such events again.
Last edited by Streetzero on Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:18 pm

Prism: I think you should develop more on his personality and how it integrates with his background. For example, what situations have brought out his inferiority complex and how have others sought out his help? Also, make sure you're using proper punctuation and that you're not writing like you're speaking.
ShyGuy37 wrote:I've updated my post. I gave him a proper name, expanded his personality and explained his translator in more detail.
What I meant earlier was that you should remove all instances of "ShyGuy37" and references to your real life. Things like YouTube channels aren't really appropriate either. Other than that, it's better. Are we sure Shy Guys speak their own specific language, though?

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:21 pm

Why are you ignoring me? Because I fixed my character.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:24 pm

Radishl: Needs more background info.
SuperMario12345 wrote:Why are you ignoring me? Because I fixed my character.
I'll go ahead and approve your character on the grounds that when you make more posts in this forum you'll do so with proper English. Once again, I don't want your posts to get deleted.

Return to “Fan Fiction and Roleplaying”