Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.

I have made monsters out of everyone. Should this be locked?

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 17
Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Cedur » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:49 pm

SimmondsSuperSponge wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:52 pm
URGHHH i hate it when people have fun

URGH that statement looks a bit salty / jealous / whatever

SimmondsSuperSponge
Dolphin
Dolphin
Flair: SMWC to SMBX (MyGFXPack)

Postby SimmondsSuperSponge » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:28 pm

oh sorry for that

idruinn
Banned
Flair: Don't worry, be happy!

Postby idruinn » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:53 pm

On December 21, 2020 there will be a conjunction between Jupiter and Saturn in the 0º degree of Aquarius, initiating a 200-year cycle of conjunctions between Jupiter and Saturn in air signs, leaving behind the last 200-year cycle in earth signs.

The cycles between Jupiter and Saturn occur every 20 years and indicate the sociocultural and economic influence that will set a trend during that period of time.

This event is considered by many astrologers (and I include myself) as the end of the Age of Pisces and the consolidation of the Age of Aquarius that began in the 60s with the conjunction between Uranus and Pluto in Virgo.

In addition, a series of harmonic astrological aspects will occur over several years between the planets Uranus, Neptune and Pluto that will produce impressive structural changes in the whole society. It is a return to the Garden of Eden in which human beings live in peace and harmony with each other and with the rest of the life forms with which they interact.

GforGoomba
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: It... it worked...

Postby GforGoomba » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:16 am

idruinn wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:53 pm
On December 21, 2020 there will be a conjunction between Jupiter and Saturn in the 0º degree of Aquarius, initiating a 200-year cycle of conjunctions between Jupiter and Saturn in air signs, leaving behind the last 200-year cycle in earth signs.

The cycles between Jupiter and Saturn occur every 20 years and indicate the sociocultural and economic influence that will set a trend during that period of time.

This event is considered by many astrologers (and I include myself) as the end of the Age of Pisces and the consolidation of the Age of Aquarius that began in the 60s with the conjunction between Uranus and Pluto in Virgo.

In addition, a series of harmonic astrological aspects will occur over several years between the planets Uranus, Neptune and Pluto that will produce impressive structural changes in the whole society. It is a return to the Garden of Eden in which human beings live in peace and harmony with each other and with the rest of the life forms with which they interact.
So...is it the end or not?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:24 am

GforGoomba wrote:So...is it the end or not?

DUDE PAY ATTENTION! Don't be hoodwinked by a nonsensical mystic and fantast. Look at his other posts, this should raise a red flag.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:14 am

Is this maya 2012 again.

idruinn
Banned

Postby idruinn » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:18 am

GforGoomba wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:16 am
idruinn wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:53 pm

So...is it the end or not?
Yes, this is the end of the Age of Pisces. This event will manifest itself as a collapse of the social structures that have happened to date. In the process of its culmination we will be experiencing a lot of confusion and chaos in society. One civilization ends and another begins.

Added in 6 minutes 13 seconds:
Idunn wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:14 am
Is this maya 2012 again.
The Mayans calculated the cosmic years: time cycles of 25,920 years. The date of 2012 marks the culmination of an entire cycle of 25,920 years and with it the beginning of the sixth sun. Ancient cultures had a lot of knowledge about the movement of planets and stars.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:24 am

It's so ridiculous that you believe such cultic myths and sell them as scientific facts.

idruinn
Banned

Postby idruinn » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:26 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:24 am
GforGoomba wrote:So...is it the end or not?

DUDE PAY ATTENTION! Don't be hoodwinked by a nonsensical mystic and fantast. Look at his other posts, this should raise a red flag.
This is ancient knowledge. Please be respectful to our ancestors because you are here because of them. And this thread is about free speech. So let me be, please.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:50 am

This is about free speech but not about spreading old wife tales and nonsense. There is no reason to be respectful when you even manage to successfully confuse an about-13-year-old. You're apparently conceited enough to tell me that you were in possession of "the ultimate and only truth that noone else knows about". I wish I could say "go away" but I guess I need to refer to the staff again

idruinn
Banned

Postby idruinn » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:09 am

Cedur wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:50 am
This is about free speech but not about spreading old wife tales and nonsense. There is no reason to be respectful when you even manage to successfully confuse an about-13-year-old. You're apparently conceited enough to tell me that you were in possession of "the ultimate and only truth that noone else knows about". I wish I could say "go away" but I guess I need to refer to the staff again
If what I write bothers you so much then ignore it. You don't need to put on a show every time I write something that differs from your knowledge or reality. And please stop accusing me of having the absolute truth. I don't have it, and neither do you.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:44 am

I do not ignore it because it's so ludicrous. And if you don't claim to be in the absolute truth, then what else motivates you to spread tales and conspirational theories, and to reject the truth and replace it with your own invented one?

You know, something is definitely wrong when another user DMs me out of nowhere on Discord saying "sheesh you and Teemster are fanatics"

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Waddle » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:17 am

That's quite enough from both sides. This topic, as much as it pains me that it even exists in the first place, is indeed not a place for absolute claims of right or wrongness of someone else's worldview. You are welcome to be critical, but not spiteful. I also agree that what Idruinn is saying seems blatantly false, but this topic is intended to allow expression of such ideas, even if we find them disagreeable (but by no means harmful).

idruinn
Banned

Postby idruinn » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:20 am

Diversity exists in the world and all people have differences in their way of perceiving reality. The reality that we accept is usually the one that we have integrated and labeled as "true", but nevertheless we all share differences that can unite or separate us. What may be real for you may not be real for me and what may be real for me may not be real for you. My way of seeing life is quite different from the reality that the vast majority of people perceive. That makes me a minority but my reality is no more real or less fictitious than the reality that others can perceive. I understand that we all have different views of reality, that we all interpret reality according to our way of perceiving it. It is only this, my reality may not be your reality and that we have contradictory points of view does not necessarily invalidate the point of view of the other. I accept your way of perceiving reality because I understand that you have a belief system that you have been forming throughout your life from which you perceive and label reality based on "correct" and "incorrect". We all do it at some point until we understand that we are all seeing and interpreting the same reality in a different way and that all points of view at some point converge between them.

I don't mind being perceived as a fanatic because I am passionate. How gray the world would be if we were all the same, if there were no contrasts of black and white in a gray scale or a range of different colors. Thanks to life that diversity exists. For me, reputation is a falsehood that I prefer to avoid. I prefer to be honest, express my reality and abandon any pretense of being accepted by others, because if I were acting like that it would be false, in addition to becoming a slave to the opinions of others.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:41 am

I don't know if you should be selling this fallacy that these cult-like ideals are just as valid as science, common knowledge or even the world religions when they directly clash with all of the above, among other reasons which I'm not even going to get into because discussing with you beyond this is a waste of time.

You are quite literally detached from reality.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:46 am

Can we just go back to posting replies that FOLLOWS the theme of this topic? Also, I got a unpopular opinion that some of y'all might agree with:

The Grammarly app for W10 computers & laptop is 1 of the some better alternatives for writing stories and shit than just using freaking Microsoft Word on W10 computers. Because the Grammarly app is free*, while Word now requires a Office 365 subscription that you can't pay for using Xbox Live/Window 10 money due to Microsoft loving to make things more complicated for W10 users!

*Well, it is free, but has features that requires a Premium membership payment..... But yeah, take mah word for it

idruinn
Banned

Postby idruinn » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:23 am

TLtimelord wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:41 am
I don't know if you should be selling this fallacy that these cult-like ideals are just as valid as science, common knowledge or even the world religions when they directly clash with all of the above, among other reasons which I'm not even going to get into because discussing with you beyond this is a waste of time.

You are quite literally detached from reality.
My reality is that we live in a dream that seems very real but is completely illusory. All warriors are trained in the hall of mirrors, but few are those who recognize the traps of illusion. And those who see the true nature of the illusion can see beyond appearances. Nothing else.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:56 am

Again, your "reality" is nowhere worth to be called a reality, it's an ideology at best. (a very quirky one at that, may I say)

idruinn
Banned

Postby idruinn » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:39 pm

Cedur wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:56 am
Again, your "reality" is nowhere worth to be called a reality, it's an ideology at best. (a very quirky one at that, may I say)
What is your reality or ideology? I would love to know how you perceive reality. What is for you?

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:13 pm

idruinn wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:39 pm
Cedur wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:56 am
What is your reality or ideology? I would love to know how you perceive reality. What is for you?

Uh, do I really need to define basic words like "truth", "facts" or "evidence" for you?

Reality is what happens for real? There's no vagueness in this definition. Tales, myths, superstitions and esoteric beliefs (including astrology) are all not scientific and not real. Nevertheless they're all older than scientific and evidence-based thinking.

And especially to this day, there's tons of madmen and conspiracy theorists who try to literally turn lies to truth and the truth to lies. Denying climate change, denying the corona virus, denying medicine, denying evolution theory (evangelicals!), denying Earth's ball shape, denying Germany's political state ("Reichsbürger"), denying rationality and intellectualness in general ... there's every kind of bullshit and it's just saddening.

Ideologies are very much the opposite of truth, it's any kind of made-up ideas that groups use to justify their actions. It's also the same that happens with conspiracy theories; the struggle to understand the world is resolved by giving simple answers to defining black and white, and nullifying anything in-between. This is the base for intense group narcissism at grand scales. If you're not detached from reality, you don't need any ideology and your political aligness should be alright.

Religion is also no truth for me, it's transcendental answers to the sense of life and what happens after death (I'm afraid nothing happens). Religions are older than science, and very connected to traditions and rituals. It's especially alarming when religion interconnects with ideology to define restrictive norms and rules (e.g. "no sex before marriage and no prevention" for both fundamental christians and muslims ... wtf). Much bullshit has happened and is happening in the name of religions. And generally there's incredibly much bullshit from ideology-based dictatorships and personality cults. Trump created such a cult around his person.

Return to “Archives”