Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.

I have made monsters out of everyone. Should this be locked?

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 17
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:57 am

The HBO Max remake of the Looney Tunes should've never happened! Wanna know why? Warner Bros. staff made it so Elmer Fudd can NO LONGER use guns in the remake!!! :evil:

I know this might be a popular opinion, but I originally gonna post this in the "You know what pisses me off? Round 2" thread, but I already post in it 2 days ago. : \

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:24 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:57 am
The HBO Max remake of the Looney Tunes should've never happened! Wanna know why? Warner Bros. staff made it so Elmer Fudd can NO LONGER use guns in the remake!!! :evil:
Had to research this, and looks like this decision es made to fit into modern culture and also because of all the recent things that happened with gun violence.

Well, a lot of people already said they ain’t gonna watch the remake now because of that.
Unsure what to think about it.

CD20Superness
Snifit
Snifit

Postby CD20Superness » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:05 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:57 am

I know this might be a popular opinion, but I originally gonna post this in the "You know what pisses me off? Round 2" thread, but I already post in it 2 days ago. : \
I don't think WB made so that Elmer Fudd can no longer use guns, I think they made him no longer use guns is because of the raid that is happening right now. I know it sucks but at least they still have a hell reference which is better than Elmer Fudd losing his guns. By the way, there is more to Looney Tunes than guns to be honest.

I blame CNN for that.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:58 pm

I might get some hate and also get tarred and feathered for saying this, but screw it, I don't give a shit:

I think people should cut Adam Sandler some slack for some of the films he's in!

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:48 pm

I think people have been congratulating him a lot for his work in Uncut Gems. He's not half the joke he used to be.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:42 am

I'm pretty sure someone said this already, but the Rick Roll meme would've been better if the internet use ALL of Rick Astley's songs instead of just the one song

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:18 am

The Star Wars Sequel Trilogy should've never happened! That's all

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:34 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:18 am
The Star Wars Sequel Trilogy should've never happened! That's all

Not very unpopular as there is tons of sites, videos and etc against the sequel.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:43 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:42 am
I'm pretty sure someone said this already, but the Rick Roll meme would've been better if the internet use ALL of Rick Astley's songs instead of just the one song
I only know two songs by Rick Astley: "Never Gonna Give You Up," and "Together Forever." Plus, I feel with so many of us being fully aware of the concept of Rick Rolling being the one song, I ain't too sure if anyone will get that another randomly played Rick Astley song was supposed to be someone Rick Rolling us. Not to mention, "Never Gonna Give You Up" was already a major hit 20 years (1987) before it became an internet phenomenon (2007). Would it be simple to realize you're being Rick Rolled if "Together Forever" were to play seconds after the video begins?

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:21 am

Call me old fashion, but Ren & Stimpy is the better Nick show than Avatar: The Last Airbender!

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:13 am

This may be a "Exclusive" unpopular opinion for anyone who was a kid during the 90's, but screw it:

Kids' WB is better than Fox Kids

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:54 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:21 am
Call me old fashion, but Ren & Stimpy is the better Nick show than Avatar: The Last Airbender!
I can completely agree with that
FireyPaperMario wrote: This may be a "Exclusive" unpopular opinion for anyone who was a kid during the 90's, but screw it:

Yep, don't know what those two shows are about

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:19 am

Rhosty wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:54 am
FireyPaperMario wrote: This may be a "Exclusive" unpopular opinion for anyone who was a kid during the 90's, but screw it:

They're both 2 time blocks of kids shows, each on a different channel during Saturday mornings back in the 1990's

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:58 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:19 am
Rhosty wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:54 am

They're both 2 time blocks of kids shows, each on a different channel during Saturday mornings back in the 1990's
Yeah I know, but what are these shows about

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Modern Disney crap sucks more than any Adam Sandler movie, because most of them followed the SAME damn movie formula and expect the braindead audience to remember shit later on in the freaking movie! I mean why can't fucking dumbasses at Disney come up with a more "original" formula for their movies?!? #FML

Teemster2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:08 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:45 pm
Modern Disney crap sucks more than any Adam Sandler movie, because most of them followed the SAME damn movie formula and expect the braindead audience to remember shit later on in the freaking movie! I mean why can't fucking dumbasses at Disney come up with a more "original" formula for their movies?!? #FML
Disney has lost alot of viewers after becoming way to political. I honestly stopped going to any disney movies back when toy story 4 came out and the new toy had the gay pride symbol on him. Nothing wrong with the symbol but no reason to have it in a kids movie. They also have some very political actors that are turning people away.

Plus Disney had that cruise ship that took kids to Jeffery Epstiens island and is buying up alot of tv stations like ABC news and movie companies like 20th century fox. They took out the 20th century part I think.

I don't know what Disney is thinking but it's costing them money.

Netflix is also trash. They have become very political in the last 4 year's and now they have a movie called "cuties" about 11 year old girls half naked and twirking. The movie is rated for adults. Disgusting. Netflix has lost millions since they aired that movie.

Now there is also the NFL losing alot of money for political reasons. It's just crazy to watch tv anymore.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:53 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:08 am
Disney has lost alot of viewers after becoming way to political.
Right...

When people disagree with something on the basis of being "too political" it generally means that it touches on topics they don't agree with/didn't grow up with. Cartoons, games, tv shows, music have always been political. If representation of homosexuality is enough for you to never watch movies by that publishing company again, that's... either an unfounded overreaction or some deep-rooted homophobia. If you truly didn't mind the flag, it wouldn't impact your opinion on the movie.

MrPunchia
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: muncher moment
Pronouns: any

Postby MrPunchia » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:48 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Disney has lost alot of viewers after becoming way to political. I honestly stopped going to any disney movies back when toy story 4 came out and the new toy had the gay pride symbol on him. Nothing wrong with the symbol but no reason to have it in a kids movie.
being lgbtq is not inherently political, nor is it inherently something unfit for youth, many young teens and preteens are lgbtq

also dam enjl that reminds me of people who get shocked when they find out rage against the machine is political

cato
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Koishi enjoyer

Postby cato » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:04 am

Enjl wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:53 am
Teemster2 wrote:
Disney has lost alot of viewers after becoming way to political.
Right...

When people disagree with something on the basis of being "too political" it generally means that it touches on topics they don't agree with/didn't grow up with. Cartoons, games, tv shows, music have always been political.
Here is a movie that generally people hated for being political, and it is not from the story. There are boycotts and backlashes from the International Community. People are calling out Disney and pirating the movie.

Mulan
- Main Actress supported police brutality crackdown on Hong Kong democratic activists and protests.
- The movie is filmed near concentration camps near Xinjiang, where Uighurs are detained, work as slave labour, birth control or even mass killed.
- The credit scene thanked the local government propaganda for 'help'.

It is not just me. A lot of people hated the movie for having political controversies. I would say that the original cartoonish version is better.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:17 am

cato wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:04 am
Here is a movie that generally people hated for being political, and it is not from the story. There are boycotts and backlashes from the International Community. People are calling out Disney and pirating the movie.

Mulan
- Main Actress supported police brutality crackdown on Hong Kong democratic activists and protests.
- The movie is filmed near concentration camps near Xinjiang, where Uighurs are detained, work as slave labour, birth control or even mass killed.
- The credit scene thanked the local government propaganda for 'help'.

It is not just me. A lot of people hated the movie for having political controversies. I would say that the original cartoonish version is better.
I wouldn't say people hate it for being political, just for China doing the 3 things you listed. Maybe it's because I cannot take the term "too political" serious anymore, but I think the erasure of history and complete willfull blindness involved in Mulan goes a couple steps above mere political content. The most ironic thing about it, I think, is how original Mulan was "the story of a girl who can't help who she is but she exists in a different society that tells her who she is supposed to be", which... has some parallels to several ethnicities currently oppressed by mainland China.

Return to “Archives”