Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

This is where we'll store the "best" topics that have ever existed on the forums, as well as community events that are no longer relevant. Read at your own risk.
Forum rules
Read at your own risk.

I have made monsters out of everyone. Should this be locked?

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 17
Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka
Flair: Robotic
Pronouns: They/Them

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:26 am

Sorry but if you dislike a Movie why would you pirate it, that’s not only non legal but also kinda dumb.

mechamind
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: You can set your mind to it!
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Postby mechamind » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:08 am
I honestly stopped going to any disney movies back when toy story 4 came out and the new toy had the gay pride symbol on him. Nothing wrong with the symbol but no reason to have it in a kids movie.
If there's nothing wrong, there's no reason to write it out either. Yeah, they may get to the point that they'll need to cut out some content for time, but that's it.
Teemster2 wrote:
Now there is also the NFL losing alot of money for political reasons.
I don't think this is political, though it depends on how people get their sports. If they watch it on cable or satellite, they're just losing money quickly because people are cutting the cord and thus not chipping into big sports packages. Even without cable, networks are taking a hit and resorting to drastic measures to keep the money coming in (they might even shut down their transmitters for lack of revenue as is already happening across Canada). The bubble has burst.

Then again, it's possible that the political controversies could be making an already bad situation worse.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:47 pm

Meteor to strike earth. Earth remains undecided about movie.

Teemster2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:18 pm

The NFL is having a disappointing opening weekend with some games viewership down by as much as 60% from 2019 for tv watchers and it is said the numbers could be worse then what the data is showing.

A study of 1,000 people showed 32% said they won't watch the games because of the kneeling and protests. 13% said they watched the games because of the protest and The rest said they did not care ethier way. The NFL says the protests have nothing to do with the low ratings and lack of viewers. You would think with covid 19 and less people at the games, more people would be watching it on tv.

Also the NFL had its worst "kicker" opening since 1982.

The most watched game had over 20 million people watching because of Tom Brady so it's not like the NFL is in big trouble but between covid 19, papa John's pulling out for political reasons, the protests and less people watching I'm sure they are losing alot of money right now.

Added in 3 minutes 51 seconds:
Idunn wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:26 am
Sorry but if you dislike a Movie why would you pirate it, that’s not only non legal but also kinda dumb.
Alot of people on social media were not happy about that. People also boycotted captain Marvel because a comment Brie Larson made about men. Then there was Gardians of the Galaxy and now Mulan. Alot of movies anymore get boycotted for one reason or another.

I have my reasons for the above mentioned movie and will leave it at that.

Added in 2 minutes 22 seconds:
mechamind wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:59 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
I honestly stopped going to any disney movies back when toy story 4 came out and the new toy had the gay pride symbol on him. Nothing wrong with the symbol but no reason to have it in a kids movie.
If there's nothing wrong, there's no reason to write it out either. Yeah, they may get to the point that they'll need to cut out some content for time, but that's it.
Teemster2 wrote:
Now there is also the NFL losing alot of money for political reasons.
I don't think this is political, though it depends on how people get their sports. If they watch it on cable or satellite, they're just losing money quickly because people are cutting the cord and thus not chipping into big sports packages. Even without cable, networks are taking a hit and resorting to drastic measures to keep the money coming in (they might even shut down their transmitters for lack of revenue as is already happening across Canada). The bubble has burst.

Then again, it's possible that the political controversies could be making an already bad situation worse.
I'm not sure what it is but I know many on the right went on social media to boycott the NFL and Papa John's pulled out over the protests costing the NFL to lose millions on that deal. Again there could be other reasons.

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:06 am

I lowkey liked Captain Marvel, how dare she said something bad about men on Twitter.

It’s funny that men throw a tantrum when a woman says something bad about them, yet woman have still less rights smh in the world than men do.

Medieval times are long gone.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:51 pm

Remember when I said that Son Goku is better than Superman? Well I got a perfect theory about that unpopular opinion:

If Son Goku and Superman switch worlds, Goku could defeated Lex Luthor (and probably drop him off to prison) and other Superman villains very easily imo. And Superman would defeat Frieza, Cell, Kid Buu, and other DBZ villain that's known for killing innocent people, but he'll end up letting them go simply because Superman is too much of a "Nice Guy", and those villains would continue killing more people!

Now you know, good job being a great influence, Superman! :roll:

SuperMarioGrava
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: The great dawn of death.

Postby SuperMarioGrava » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:49 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:51 pm
Remember when I said that Son Goku is better than Superman? Well I got a perfect theory about that unpopular opinion:

If Son Goku and Superman switch worlds, Goku could defeated Lex Luthor (and probably drop him off to prison) and other Superman villains very easily imo. And Superman would defeat Frieza, Cell, Kid Buu, and other DBZ villain that's known for killing innocent people, but he'll end up letting them go simply because Superman is too much of a "Nice Guy", and those villains would continue killing more people!

Now you know, good job being a great influence, Superman! :roll:
So you like Dragon Ball? Like me?

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:52 pm

SuperMarioGrava wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:49 pm
So you like Dragon Ball? Like me?
Yes my friend, I do like Dragon Ball. More than I like most of DC's series

mechamind
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: You can set your mind to it!
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Postby mechamind » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:40 pm

Considering that the video still has a high percentage of likes as of now, I guess it fits here.

After watching AVGN's recent video of Ecco the Dolphin, I am suddenly convinced that James Rolfe needs mental help. The final gag with a funnel to the blowhole is not funny. It's disturbing, and one might say that it's almost like rape. Even if it was the other way around and the funnel went into the Nerd's mouth (or nose or something), I bet the visuals and sounds would still be disturbing.

Even the ending to the Toxic Crusaders video was absolutely disgusting, but it wasn't nearly that disturbing. At least the Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout video didn't involve a funnel or in any way forcing it into his lungs.

Just...I'm going to be in disbelief for a while.

SimmondsSuperSponge
Dolphin
Dolphin
Flair: SMWC to SMBX (MyGFXPack)

Postby SimmondsSuperSponge » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:16 pm

mechamind wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:40 pm
Considering that the video still has a high percentage of likes as of now, I guess it fits here.

After watching AVGN's recent video of Ecco the Dolphin, I am suddenly convinced that James Rolfe needs mental help. The final gag with a funnel to the blowhole is not funny. It's disturbing, and one might say that it's almost like rape. Even if it was the other way around and the funnel went into the Nerd's mouth (or nose or something), I bet the visuals and sounds would still be disturbing.

Even the ending to the Toxic Crusaders video was absolutely disgusting, but it wasn't nearly that disturbing. At least the Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout video didn't involve a funnel or in any way forcing it into his lungs.

not watching his videos anymore but i saw it and i didnt found it funny either, maybe he took the "diarrhea dump" too far

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:17 am

mechamind wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:40 pm

I was also pretty disturbed by the fact he reviewed Ecco the Dolphin, I used to thought that game was very weird growing up

Saltlord
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: any

Postby Saltlord » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:11 pm

Here's something I noticed while watching some TLou2 gameplay: I'm cool with highly over-exaggerated violence in games like MadWorld, for example, yet I find the "realistic" depiction of violence in a lot of modern Triple A games extremely off putting, in some cases downright gross.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Postby zioy » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Saltlord wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:11 pm
Here's something I noticed while watching some TLou2 gameplay: I'm cool with highly over-exaggerated violence in games like MadWorld, for example, yet I find the "realistic" depiction of violence in a lot of modern Triple A games extremely off putting, in some cases downright gross.
Graphic violence is a weird case since sometimes it’s super extreme and doesn’t bother me (I’ve been watching The Boys and the gore only really bothers me about once or twice an episode, and that show has a TON of it), but some stuff that’s relatively more minor can make me uncomfortable, especially when it’s a little more down-to-earth.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:03 pm

Does anyone in the SMBX community, besides me, thinks that the Tyler Perry character, Madea, is nothing more than a fictional stereotype character?

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:17 pm

Saltlord wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:11 pm
I didn't "enjoy" it like I did in the last game because of the added realism. In the last game you just shoot a guy and they just yell "Argh!" and then rag doll. With all the names being called out, and it taking a little bit for people and dogs to die was just unpleasant which was the intended effect. I do prefer part 2's combat because the AI is as good as what was promised for the original, and it's not just an army of guys every single time. Violence is supposed to be a very real part of the world that was established so I understand why they designed it the way they did, but for the non-combat sequences it's just rubbing it in too much. The constant replay of one pivotal death was excessive and hurt the story a bit (but not nearly as much as the actual death sequence) and definitely needed another draft. The wallowing in very realistic death really goes against the first game too which had a prominent theme of "life goes on".

Sonya Sanchez
Rinka
Rinka

Postby Sonya Sanchez » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:22 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:03 pm
Does anyone in the SMBX community, besides me, thinks that the Tyler Perry character, Madea, is nothing more than a fictional stereotype character?
In what kind of?

Uranus
Swooper
Swooper
Flair: just cool

Postby Uranus » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:20 pm

Why the hell did Reddit remove Aaron Swartz's credit as a Reddit founder? The guy was a pioneer in internet free speech.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real
Pronouns: he/him

Postby krakin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:31 pm

Idunn wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:22 am
FireyPaperMario wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:03 pm
In what kind of?
The angry black woman stereotype

SimmondsSuperSponge
Dolphin
Dolphin
Flair: SMWC to SMBX (MyGFXPack)

Postby SimmondsSuperSponge » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:38 pm

Uranus wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:20 pm
Why the hell did Reddit remove Aaron Swartz's credit as a Reddit founder? The guy was a pioneer in internet free speech.
internet free speech is no longer a thing

Teemster2
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:05 am

Uranus wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:20 pm
Reddit also removed one of Trumps biggest support groups on there for just talking normal politics. I'm not a fan of Reddit.

Return to “Archives”