Introductions Thread

Off-topic discussion.
MustardCake
Snifit
Snifit

Re: Introductions Thread

Postby MustardCake » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:17 pm

Hello Humans and Robots!
For months i haven't posted anything here, or even touch SMBX.
But now i will start to post more often and maybe even start to make SMBX levels again. (but first i will learn how to use SMBX2 B4)

Anyways, i'm here again.

PdizzleParker
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: doin your mom
Pronouns: they/them

Postby PdizzleParker » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:24 pm

Snowy_Desert wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:17 pm
Hello Humans and Robots!
For months i haven't posted anything here, or even touch SMBX.
But now i will start to post more often and maybe even start to make SMBX levels again. (but first i will learn how to use SMBX2 B4)

Anyways, i'm here again.
B4 is really good. You'll love it.

Lusho
Tweeter
Tweeter
Flair: Intention is what matters
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Lusho » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:24 pm

So, i've had this account for a few months and i finally decided to show up and start contributing to the community. I have known about this game for almost a decade, and i think it would be cool to finally join the community, I probably met this game because of a koopaling boss rush, it happened a long time ago so I cant exactly remember.
What else can i say?, im 15, I like to draw and do pixel art, nothing else i guesss :p

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR

Postby DrMekar » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:59 am

CJ_RLushi wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:24 pm
So, i've had this account for a few months and i finally decided to show up and start contributing to the community. I have known about this game for almost a decade, and i think it would be cool to finally join the community, I probably met this game because of a koopaling boss rush, it happened a long time ago so I cant exactly remember.
What else can i say?, im 15, I like to draw and do pixel art, nothing else i guesss :p
Welcome to the Forums.
Pixel Art? Sounds sympathic ;).

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:07 am

Hello dude! You should join the various Discord servers of the SMBX community, there's a lot more activity there!

Ed Elric
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: Level Alchemist

Postby Ed Elric » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:46 pm

Hello, I am a 16 year-old boy from Brazil (high school student). Since I was 10 year-old, I play and create smbx levels.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:17 am

Ed Elric wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:46 pm
Hello, I am a 16 year-old boy from Brazil (high school student). Since I was 10 year-old, I play and create smbx levels.

welcome to the community, I'll look forward to see your levels!

Ed Elric
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: Level Alchemist

Postby Ed Elric » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:38 pm

Thanks Cedur. Soon I will make available some levels of my project

Geo Pyro
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: PK Fire

Postby Geo Pyro » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:28 pm

Hello, everyone! I'm relatively new here. I made this account sometime in the middle of past year, but just a couple nights ago decided to finally download the SMBX2 beta (thank you, COVID-19). Been trying it a bit and I can tell that, although how unstable and buggy it still is, SMBX has come a looong way since the v. 1.3 back in 2010.

That's right, I used to be a member of the original forums back in 2009-2010. I was there when the forums were shut down due to... um, am I allowed to talk about that in here? I swear SMBX was (officially) gone forever -only to be sustained by underground communities and programmers, which I had no major interest in- so I was pleasantly surprised to see that the official SMBX forums were back, after so many years! I found about these new forums because, since I finally decided to try Terraria, I wanted to read more about his creator Redigit. Yes, I knew that the creator of Terraria was also the creator of SMBX (I also remember back then in the 2010 days how Redigit started showing some of his Terraria project in the SMBX forums and how some important members of those forums were the beta testers... I wasn't a beta tester, but I can also say that I saw the birth Terraria), but I still wanted to read about him at the Terraria wiki, and surprisingly I found a link in there to these forums!

I remember some of the important members of the original forums such as Quill and his Apocalypse of Foroze episode (a very impressive one!), Garro, Kyasarin, Illuminous (sp?). I don't know who of the old forums are in here now (except that I saw Quill's name as one of the makers of a couple of the SMBX2 beta levels, so I assume they are still here), but I doubt anyone will remember me -after all, I never completed a project, but made a couple of custom graphics.

Well, the only recognizable thing I've ever done for SMBX is a recolor of the Mario brothers player graphics, to make them have a more "modern" look. I've seen those player graphics being used in several SMBX episodes in YouTube since then. The ones where Mario and Luigi use gloves, have nicer colors and have a white outline around there eye-pupils. Yes, I was the one who made those recolors... you are free to not believe me, lol. Also, I made a Toadette graphic that would substitute Peach's graphic. I wonder if I will find those graphics archived in these forums here? I mean, I lost my computer from back then and never made a back up of it, so I don't have them anymore.

Anyways, that's me and that's why I'm here. I love SMBX and I can't wait to start working on my own levels and play all of the great levels made by the members of this community!

I'm also a (not so) young (I'm at an age were half the Internet will say I'm frikken old and the other half will say I'm a frikken kid) guy from México who loves everything Mario and most of Nintendo related stuff. I also would say I like to draw but it's been a while since I have done so, but I've produced colorful Mario and Nintendo fan art in the past, so if you google my user name you are bound to find my old artwork.

And to finish this slightly long post, can any of you recommend me some SMBX and SMBX2 episodes I could play? Some of the episodes at the SMBX Worlds link (at the top of the page) have some old, broken links (I tried to download Return to Dinosaur Land and Reing of the Gatekeepers and both have broken links), and there are just so many that I honestly don't know where to even start.

Thanks for reading all that!

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:51 pm

That's an incredible introduction story! How old are you exactly?

Yeah the userbase from the old days is pretty much gone. Quill is still around, but only to fix technical problems with the site, as he's the webmaster for a few months now.

I've been a vocal member for nearly 4 years. And btw there is an episode with almost 250 levels.

Geo Pyro
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Geo Pyro » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:08 pm

Cedur wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:51 pm
That's an incredible introduction story! How old are you exactly?

Yeah the userbase from the old days is pretty much gone. Quill is still around, but only to fix technical problems with the site, as he's the webmaster for a few months now.

I've been a vocal member for nearly 4 years. And btw there is an episode with almost 250 levels.
I guess I should not be ashamed of my age. I'm 30, is just that I feel old when interacting with people in their 20's or younger than that.

I see! Understandable that they would move to other things, but for me, I'm feeling joy by rediscovering SMBX.

250 level, dang! Was it done as a collaboration of the members of the community? I can't picture an episode this long being done by nothing other than a very large team. I hope I can participate in a collab in here someday.

PdizzleParker
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: doin your mom
Pronouns: they/them

Postby PdizzleParker » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:16 pm

A lot of high-quality projects nowadays are done by teams of members here on the forums (like Legend of the 10 Golden Elements as an example).

Geo Pyro
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Geo Pyro » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:40 pm

thegameseum wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:16 pm
A lot of high-quality projects nowadays are done by teams of members here on the forums (like Legend of the 10 Golden Elements as an example).
I see! Actually, I imagined it would be like that.

So what's the name of that episode with over 250 levels? I forgot to ask.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:46 am

Geo Pyro wrote:So what's the name of that episode with over 250 levels? I forgot to ask.

That's the bait I laid out! It's Mystic Atlus by stageleft and it's my absolute favorite episode not only due to its size. I have no idea how long it's been in the works.

Also check out Discord if you like!

DexterOnDiscord
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Flair: Curly Brace is Best Girl

Nice to meet you all!

Postby DexterOnDiscord » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:08 pm

My name is Dexter, and I'm new to the SMBX forums. I hope that we all have lost of fun together, and that everything goes smoothly!

-D

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:15 pm

DexterOnDiscord wrote:I hope that we all have lost of fun together

I can't help myself but say that this typo is really hilarious :D

DexterOnDiscord
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby DexterOnDiscord » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:18 pm

Cedur wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:15 pm
DexterOnDiscord wrote:I hope that we all have lost of fun together

I can't help myself but say that this typo is really hilarious :D
Oh! I didn't even realize that I had made a typo... oh well! It's good to know that I can make people laugh without even trying! My main goal in life is to make people smile, and it seems that I did so on my very first post!

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie

Re: Nice to meet you all!

Postby DrMekar » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:25 pm

DexterOnDiscord wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:08 pm
My name is Dexter, and I'm new to the SMBX forums. I hope that we all have lost of fun together, and that everything goes smoothly!

-D
Welcome to the Forums, Dexter :)

DexterOnDiscord
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby DexterOnDiscord » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:27 pm

DrMekar wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:25 pm
DexterOnDiscord wrote:

-D
Welcome to the Forums, Dexter :)
Thank you! It's great to be here!

-D

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby DrMekar » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:02 pm

DexterOnDiscord wrote:
Thank you! It's great to be here!

-D
Good to hear :). If you want, you can check out my current Project and try
out the Demo. Just click on the Picture in my Footer ;)

Return to “Sandbox”