RP Ideas/Approval Thread

Share your own stories or make them up together.
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

RP Ideas/Approval Thread

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:54 pm

In this thread you can suggest ideas for RPs.

Ideas must be serious, and at the moment they must take place in the Marioverse. Note that you don't need to write out a whole story, but rather a general exposition. The real story development will take place when the RP starts, but you should have a few paragraphs at the very least that detail the premise of your story. Please only suggest ideas if you are willing to host them.

Approved RP Ideas:

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Re: RP Ideas/Approval Thread

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:19 pm

I can make a suggestiön based off my character!

Every one finds a Land new the the Mario's and it is called "blood stained ice lands" where my character would be the main villain! Other then that, this can be edited to how every the Admins want!

John The White Yoshi
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby John The White Yoshi » Thu May 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Joey wrote:In this thread you can suggest ideas for RPs.

Ideas must be serious, and at the moment they must take place in the Marioverse. Note that you don't need to write out a whole story (in fact, you shouldn't, and if you did it'd be fan fiction!), but rather just an idea/general exposition. The real story development will take place when the RP starts.

Maybe later on, we can do a RP cross of Mario and Sonic, maybe later on in the Marioverse RP we have planned. Again, this is an idea. Don't hate on it.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:12 am

Maybe a war??? The typical siege on the mushroom kingdom, except that bowser decided to drop 5000 explosive mushrooms on toad town. Yikes.

John The White Yoshi
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby John The White Yoshi » Thu May 14, 2015 10:46 am

Well, considering that most of the characters have gone their own way....maybe we can do the RP adventure DURING or AFTER one of Mario's most recent adventure. Like I said earlier, I think we should use the Bowser's Inside Story map. Maybe these events of the RP take place after or during Bowser's Inside Story.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:44 pm

SuperWhiteYoshi64 wrote:Well, considering that most of the characters have gone their own way....maybe we can do the RP adventure DURING or AFTER one of Mario's most recent adventure. Like I said earlier, I think we should use the Bowser's Inside Story map. Maybe these events of the RP take place after or during Bowser's Inside Story.
Good idea. Im just imaging... toads jumping into bowser, and he uses a 1 hit KO move on dark bowser called machine gun of toads. Lol

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu May 14, 2015 4:13 pm

Updated the first post so that it provides a clearer picture of what this topic is about.

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat May 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Since the mario universe's story often revolves around saving a damsel in distress from evil turtles/aliens/antasmas/paper cutouts/ w/e, coming up with an "unique" story which doesn't follow that formula isn't the easiest thing. Here's an idea though:

On a trip to the Stardust Fields in Beanland, the adventurers rest in the HooHoo Village for a while, stocking up on food, etc etc. They notice that the locals are constantly trembling with fear and after asking a few locals about the matter, the adventurers find out that a Hoo-eating monster lives on top of Hoohoo Mountain and soars down to collect prey every day.

Environments: HooHoo Village & HooHoo Mountain in Beanland (Superstar Saga)

Quest: Hike the mountain to get to the monster's nest, and slay it.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat May 16, 2015 2:14 pm

Sounds like a good idea. I'd like you to develop it a bit more, though, and it also needs a name. In addition, you don't need to list what the "environments" are and what the point is - we should be able to tell that from your story.

(also, we would use "Beanbean Kingdom" and not its German translation)

Emral
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Phoenix

Postby Emral » Sat May 16, 2015 2:20 pm

Joey wrote:Sounds like a good idea. I'd like you to develop it a bit more, though, and it also needs a name. In addition, you don't need to list what the "environments" are and what the point is - we should be able to tell that from your story.

(also, we would use "Beanbean Kingdom" and not its German translation)
Oh sorry about the translation error. I wasn't sure, but didn't bother looking it up.

I was just providing a quick, abridged version, "the basics", and making sure it can't be understood the wrong way. I could theoretically go more into detail, plan out an entire story, etc, etc, but as I have 0 experience as a game master, making the story intriguing would be difficult for me.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun May 17, 2015 11:27 am

Hmmm. Well we could maybe slay the monster that has a hoopa in the egg, which we will then steal. ("they'll find out later down at the village")

LemonOtter

Postby LemonOtter » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:05 am

Well the investigation part should be easy with Varuo on their side.

Muyoko
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Muyoko » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:51 pm

I like Enjl's idea as well.

Also, quick question, could we RP as canon characters?

Why I ask is, my character may not have been approved yet, and even if she does, I was hoping for Peasley, Goombella, Starlow and Vivian to be incorporated into (my character's) development somehow. If not that, then could they be mentioned?

Project Mario

Postby Project Mario » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:44 pm

My RP is about Mario and his friends getting a strange package in the mail. It's marked to be sent by Nashi and it seemed confusing, as in one of my past posts {Doctrine Hero} Nashi is the main villain. Inside of the box is a map, as it also came with a fancy gadget. Luigi would accidently turn the gadget on, revealing a hologram in which it tells Mario and friends that they had to collect the 'Ultimate Shards.' Every time they had collected a shard, a new area would be marked on the map. They had to travel through different parts of the kingdom to get these so called, shards. [AREAS: Peach's Castle > Comet Observatory > Donut Plains > Koopa Cruiser > Dry Dry Desert > Acorn Plains > Bowser's Castle]

Please give feedback, as this is my first attempt at a REAL RP idea!

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Sat May 21, 2016 1:35 am

What if Mario and crew crash land in the distant land of SMBX, where Mario is considered Jesus under lord and savior Joey and his fellow administrators. But chaos is brwing, a secret agency name IVOR6 plans to end the reign of King Joey and his Administrators. Can Mario and crew defeat IVOR6 before it's too late?

SuperLuigiBrother
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb

Postby SuperLuigiBrother » Sat May 21, 2016 2:01 pm

While Mario and Luigi enjoy peace in the mushroom kingdom, a huge earthquake was shaking, and a huge tower descends. It turned out to be a snake like creature that came out of the tower. The Snake gazed upon the princess, and her toads, It seems that it despises the princess, and her people. And plotted an attack to toad town, and captured Mario's Brother Luigi. Mario set off to go to the tower.

HVMetal
Snifit
Snifit

Postby HVMetal » Mon May 23, 2016 10:05 am

Well, the story begins like:

Mario was taking a trip to an unknown island. When he arrived he looked around but he didnt saw anyone. While he was exploring the island one of his old rivals attacked him from underground. Mario was about to be killed when a koopa came and saved his life. He told him that he shouldnt be there since the guy who attacked him was the leader of the Piranha Plant Nations. Then everything came together, Mario realised that the strange island was the home of the 6 Nations, based on the koopas' story. Meanwhile the leader of this nation warned the other ones about the strange guy, Mario. Now Mario has to explore the 6 nations, defeat their leaders and take revenge for the guy who attacked him, stop his evil plan and free the island from piranha plants. On his way he'll meet a lots of people who will tell him more informations.

I know this is a little bit longer... but I tried to not detail it too much.

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Mon May 23, 2016 8:43 pm

HVMetal wrote:Well, the story begins like:

Mario was taking a trip to an unknown island. When he arrived he looked around but he didnt saw anyone. While he was exploring the island one of his old rivals attacked him from underground. Mario was about to be killed when a koopa came and saved his life. He told him that he shouldnt be there since the guy who attacked him was the leader of the Piranha Plant Nations. Then everything came together, Mario realised that the strange island was the home of the 6 Nations, based on the koopas' story. Meanwhile the leader of this nation warned the other ones about the strange guy, Mario. Now Mario has to explore the 6 nations, defeat their leaders and take revenge for the guy who attacked him, stop his evil plan and free the island from piranha plants. On his way he'll meet a lots of people who will tell him more informations.

I know this is a little bit longer... but I tried to not detail it too much.
This seems to be poorly set up for a Roleplay. The plot you have seems too set in stone imo and not open enough to spontaneous growth, adventure, or plot twists. It also has some spelling and grammar issues that would surely need fixing

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:42 am

All i can think of for a good RP is an JRPG style story where some members of the SMBX community (Not counting me, I'm not going to do self-insert for my first role-play, plus, I rather narrate the scenes instead! :| ) formed the legendary "Forums Champions", and travel across the many countries of the great SMBX Forums. The RP takes place in the Forums in an fantasy-like world, typical RPG crap you'll expect from someone who plays a few good RPGs... And also, Joey is the king of 1 of the many kingdoms in this RP!

RP name: SMBX Forums Fantasy!

HVMetal
Snifit
Snifit

Postby HVMetal » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:23 pm

NintendoOtaku93 wrote:All i can think of for a good RP is an JRPG style story where some members of the SMBX community (Not counting me, I'm not going to do self-insert for my first role-play, plus, I rather narrate the scenes instead! :| ) formed the legendary "Forums Champions", and travel across the many countries of the great SMBX Forums. The RP takes place in the Forums in an fantasy-like world, typical RPG crap you'll expect from someone who plays a few good RPGs... And also, Joey is the king of 1 of the many kingdoms in this RP!

RP name: SMBX Forums Fantasy!

This seems to be a good idea. But what I tought of is to add some background music too. So for example if the Champions are in an ice empire, lava empire ( or whatever you imagine ), there should be a background music too. It would be interresting to read an esay a story while listening to a music which may help to create the atmosphere. Of course the music has to do something with the actions, so if someone is chasing me in the desert I wont use SM64 Desert soundtrack.

Its just an idea

Return to “Fan Fiction and Roleplaying”