This is the place for video games!
underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Re: Take me to Fungitown: VG Board Chat I

Postby underFlo » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:02 pm

I've been playing a lot of Retro City Rampage on my 3DS lately and it's a really good game. I like how arcady (?) it feels, the soundtrack is awesome and I can play as Jake Kaufman aka virt aka the best VG Music Composer of recent years.

Black Mamba
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Pronouns: They/Her

Postby Black Mamba » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:34 pm

Spinda wrote:I've been playing a lot of Retro City Rampage on my 3DS lately and it's a really good game. I like how arcady (?) it feels, the soundtrack is awesome and I can play as Jake Kaufman aka virt aka the best VG Music Composer of recent years.
I find it alot more fun than gta

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:22 am

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/627282448343171072

omg guys homebrew for 3ds you don't need a $50 game for

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Oh shit, nice. New exploits are always awesome. I might have to do this on my old non-New XL 3DS.

Expected
Bit
Bit

Postby Expected » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:24 am

I just got the game and I'm still waiting for more news to come out. I really want to be able to play GBA games and the like on my 3DS, that'd be so cool.

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:12 pm

I started playing Super Mario Bros. 3 (SMAS Version) for the first time in a couple of years. I'm only on world 2 and already I want to shoot myself because of how bad the physics are

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:26 pm

Really? Huh. Maybe you're too used to SMBX's physics?

On the subject of SMB3, I seriously think it's one of the greatest games ever created. The worlds were designed really well, the enemies and powerups are great, and the plot of the whole game (with hints to the whistles, etc.) is cool.

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:57 pm

Joey wrote:Really? Huh. Maybe you're too used to SMBX's physics?

On the subject of SMB3, I seriously think it's one of the greatest games ever created. The worlds were designed really well, the enemies and powerups are great, and the plot of the whole game (with hints to the whistles, etc.) is cool.
i am too used to it. SMB3 feels too dodgy idk it's hard to describe. SMBX's just feel more fluid.

I do agree though: SMB3 is such a good game, that's why I'm putting up with it.

Expected
Bit
Bit

Postby Expected » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:07 pm

I really like the style of SMBW more than SMB3. SMB3 just seems bland in a way that I feel has nothing to do with the 8-bit graphics. SMBW's worlds feel diverse and exciting, while the stage-play theme of SMB3 doesn't do it for me.

RoundPiplup
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Postby RoundPiplup » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:48 pm

There are some differences that I like about about SMB3 and SMW. The black borderline thing in like everything in SMB3, the mechanics in SMW... those things were just one of the things I liked.

Axiom
Foo
Foo

Postby Axiom » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:22 am

SMW overall had better physics imo. It felt more stable and less guessing as to where you'd end up, if hitting this block while underwater will shoot you so far down you get hit by the enemy below you, etc.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Man Crypt of the Ncrodancer is really addicting. Great game with a great soundtrack(s)!

Artemis008
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Artemis008 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:30 pm

Vyvuto wrote:I really like the style of SMBW more than SMB3. SMB3 just seems bland in a way that I feel has nothing to do with the 8-bit graphics. SMBW's worlds feel diverse and exciting, while the stage-play theme of SMB3 doesn't do it for me.
As much as I like SMW,i prefer SMB3 for a few reasons

1-The sprites in SMW may be 16-bit but they are very poorly drawn,i think this happened because Nintendo was trying to push NES limits with SMB3 as where they had an excuse to make SMW poorly drawn,"it's one of the first games released on the SNES!"
2-The overall atmosphere in SMW was grass plains with a ghost level every now and then and the usual castle/fortress/tower,SMB3 had 8 mostly creative world themes,well Grass World might not be that interesting,in SMB3 we get pipe land,giant land,desert land,dark land,ice land,sky land and dark land which is a HUGE variety compared to SMW!
3-Graphics aside,lets talk about core game play,because SMW centrally uses the grass theme,this can SEVERLY limit the stage gimmicks,but luckily they still came up with some pretty interesting mechanics like P-Balloon Mario,but new stage gimmicks are still quite rare,Because SMB3 uses 8 themes,they have got a lot more to work with,SMB3 has quick sand,pipe mazes,giant variations of the classic sets of enemies,air ship levels,and so much more!
4-Save points,because SMB3 didn't have a save feature,it was extremely annoying to get past all those air ships,fortressess,and koopalings only to accidently hit the power or reset button,and have to start ALL OVER,SMW added this nifty feature which means you get a better chance to explore the world,luckily the remakes of SMB3 they added this feature into the game

This is my final thought, if you have a wii u,get SMB3 and then think about getting SMW,if you own an NES stay away from SMB3,if you own a GBA get both of the Advance Remakes for like 2 dollars each off E bay,

qig
Ninji
Ninji

Postby qig » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:03 am

Spinda wrote:Man Crypt of the Ncrodancer is really addicting. Great game with a great soundtrack(s)!
game's actually fucking impossible, or i'm complete garbage at it. one or the other.

Vinyl Scratch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:06 am

Black Mamba
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Pronouns: They/Her

Postby Black Mamba » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:07 am

Is it bad that I signed up for like 5 Geometry dash collaborations even though I still cannot beat Electrodynamix?

Drluigi
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby Drluigi » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:46 am

So, I've been doing some Inkbrush drawing in Splatoon.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:28 am

Holy shit, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is amazing. The gameplay is amazing, the story is great and the music is incredible as well. The plot twists are really neat as well and if you've enjoyed the Ace Attorney series you should definitely play this game.

qig
Ninji
Ninji

Postby qig » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:48 pm

Spinda wrote:Holy shit, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is amazing. The gameplay is amazing, the story is great and the music is incredible as well. The plot twists are really neat as well and if you've enjoyed the Ace Attorney series you should definitely play this game.
i keep telling nien to fucking play this game but he won't.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:14 pm

qig wrote:
Spinda wrote:Holy shit, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is amazing. The gameplay is amazing, the story is great and the music is incredible as well. The plot twists are really neat as well and if you've enjoyed the Ace Attorney series you should definitely play this game.
i keep telling nien to fucking play this game but he won't.
wtf nien

Return to “Video Games”