Official SMBX Minecraft Server *Now Live!*

Topics that have reached 100 pages.
aero
Palom
Palom

Re: Official SMBX Minecraft Server *Now Live!*

Postby aero » Sat May 09, 2015 1:09 am

He's unbanned for some reason and bothering me about it. Zanian got on my case too.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Sat May 09, 2015 1:32 am

AeroMatter wrote:He's unbanned for some reason and bothering me about it. Zanian got on my case too.
I was not aware that he was unbanned, and I will have a rather stern talk with Dakras about this. For now, Mista will remain banned until I come to some conclusion to this, but for now, I don't want to deal with it.

I would appreciate it if you would stop this discussion any further, please direct any more concerns to my inbox.

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Murphmario » Sat May 09, 2015 10:17 am

The mushroom island warp doesn't seem to work.

Edit: The Mega Taiga one doesn't work either.

Blaze Moonspear

Postby Blaze Moonspear » Sat May 09, 2015 10:21 am

Is the forest of illusion warp a thing yet?

SilverDeoxys563

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Sat May 09, 2015 11:59 am

PVP SURVIVAL GAMES HAPPENS TODAY GUYS

CHECK IN ON SKYPE OR PM DANNY ON STEAM TO GET SKYPE GROUP ACCESS

KTHX HAVE FUN

nien, igno, are you here

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sat May 09, 2015 12:26 pm

Murphmario wrote:The mushroom island warp doesn't seem to work.

Mega Taiga works for me.

Ignoritus
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Ignoritus » Sat May 09, 2015 12:37 pm

SilverDeoxys563 wrote:PVP SURVIVAL GAMES HAPPENS TODAY GUYS

KTHX HAVE FUN

nien, igno, are you here
let me get skype on this computer

Am I with nien again?

SilverDeoxys563

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Sat May 09, 2015 12:38 pm

Ignoritus wrote:
SilverDeoxys563 wrote:PVP SURVIVAL GAMES HAPPENS TODAY GUYS

KTHX HAVE FUN

nien, igno, are you here
let me get skype on this computer

Am I with nien again?
Yeah, you're with Nien. What's your Skype contact? (I'll add you)

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Sat May 09, 2015 12:46 pm

Murphmario wrote:The mushroom island warp doesn't seem to work.

The TP blocks have a radius on them, so make sure you're pretty much standing on the command block for it to work. It it doesn't, I'll take a look at it at a later time.

Choco
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Choco » Sat May 09, 2015 1:57 pm

What time is SG? I may not be able to make it.

SilverDeoxys563

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Sat May 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Choco wrote:What time is SG? I may not be able to make it.
Starts at 2:30 PM EST. If you can't make it I GOT BACKUPS SO DON'T WORRY

Choco
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Choco » Sat May 09, 2015 2:25 pm

SilverDeoxys563 wrote:
Choco wrote:What time is SG? I may not be able to make it.
Starts at 2:30 PM EST. If you can't make it I GOT BACKUPS SO DON'T WORRY
By any chance can I replace my backup when I arrive?

Ignoritus
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Ignoritus » Sat May 09, 2015 3:29 pm

Just a warning to anyone considering playing Survival Games here again, I wouldn't unless a major attitude change is shown in management. After an hour long wait to start the game despite my repeatedly warning that I had limited time, we finally began. After the 5 minute grace period, we were apparently supposed to be randomly teleported around the map to spread us out, but it didn't happen. No comment was made. Me and Fyrus quickly dispatched Ghosthawk, then moved on to Deoxys and his teammate. After killing the latter two however, suddenly Deoxys was adamant that we needed a restart because there was no spreadplayers. The remaining players more or less all insisted we shouldn't restart, at which point Deoxys just began saying we'd do another and this one "wasn't official". We were all fed up with this considering spreadplayers not working wasn't a problem until Deoxys died. We ignored it and kept playing however. Until, that is, Deoxys decided to randomly spreadplayers in the middle of the game, causing me and Fyrus to lose all of our iron in our furnaces at the time. When everyone still playing complained, we were told to essentially "get over it" because "this was supposed to happen anyways". When I said I wasn't playing Survival Games again if this was how it was going to be I was kicked. When I rejoined and everyone called the kicker out on that immaturity, Danny just took down the server completely.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sat May 09, 2015 3:33 pm

Let's not carry over the Skype argument to here, just saying.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Sat May 09, 2015 3:54 pm

Ignoritus wrote:Just a warning to anyone considering playing Survival Games here again, I wouldn't unless a major attitude change is shown in management.
Can you seriously just fuck off? We've been working on this for well over a year, and we had everything planned out, but it would have worked perfectly if everyone stopped being complete clowns (you and fyrus mostly) and complied to the problems we had, instead you and fyrus just called it fucking "salt" because you sit on your ass playing dota all day and because of memes hahahahahaha!
After an hour long wait to start the game despite my repeatedly warning that I had limited time, we finally began.
If you knew you had to leave, why did you even join in the first place? The last games took a long while, what made you think this was going to go in 10 minutes?
After the 5 minute grace period, we were apparently supposed to be randomly teleported around the map to spread us out, but it didn't happen.
'

Actually if you paid attention to chat a bit more you would find that there were technical difficulties and Deoxys said to wait a minute.
Me and Fyrus quickly dispatched Ghosthawk, then moved on to Deoxys and his teammate. After killing the latter two however, suddenly Deoxys was adamant that we needed a restart because there was no spreadplayers.
You killed him just as the grace period ended, maybe if you paid attention to the time when he told everyone to wait a minute, you wouldn't have attributed this to your fucking "salt" meme.
The remaining players more or less all insisted we shouldn't restart, at which point Deoxys just began saying we'd do another and this one "wasn't official". We were all fed up with this considering spreadplayers not working wasn't a problem until Deoxys died.
Actually, nobody was fed up with it except you and Fyrus it seems. Maybe if you had listened to what was going on instead of being so competitive, things would have gone smoother and problems wouldn't have started.
We ignored it and kept playing however. Until, that is, Deoxys decided to randomly spreadplayers in the middle of the game, causing me and Fyrus to lose all of our iron in our furnaces at the time.
I don't think the loss of the iron was that debilitating because:
1) You could have returned to it anyway and
2) You both had full sets of armor and tools in the first place.
It didn't screw anyone over in the slightest, you all just overreacted over something where you could have easily gone back to your position. That, or you could have taken it as a road bump instead of flipping your shit over it and calling Deoxys out.
When everyone still playing complained, we were told to essentially "get over it" because "this was supposed to happen anyways".
By "everyone still playing" you are referring to You, Fyrus, Mista, Vinyl, and Dakras. And as far as I'm aware the only ones that were really complaining were You, Fyrus, and Mista.
When I said I wasn't playing Survival Games again if this was how it was going to be I was kicked. When I rejoined and everyone called the kicker out on that immaturity, Danny just took down the server completely.
Actually, you didn't just say you weren't playing in the games anymore, you acted like a total douchebag about it. I haven't been triggered in 6 months, but you had to go and keep using your fucking salt meme and you had to press the issue further.

You don't shoot an animal and then twist your finger in the bullet wound.

Ignoritus
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Ignoritus » Sat May 09, 2015 4:49 pm

8bitmushroom wrote: Can you seriously just fuck off? We've been working on this for well over a year, and we had everything planned out, but it would have worked perfectly if everyone stopped being complete clowns (you and fyrus mostly) and complied to the problems we had, instead you and fyrus just called it fucking "salt" because you sit on your ass playing dota all day and because of memes hahahahahaha!
Playing the game is being a clown? Also I never even god damned said the word salt to you. Fyrus said it, and then I think Mista Epic was the one that continued it.
8bitmushroom wrote: If you knew you had to leave, why did you even join in the first place? The last games took a long while, what made you think this was going to go in 10 minutes?
I said I had to leave around 5:00 and asked how long it usually takes. Deoxys said we were starting at 2:00 and I'd be fine. I HAD time, but only just enough.
8bitmushroom wrote: Actually if you paid attention to chat a bit more you would find that there were technical difficulties and Deoxys said to wait a minute.
Which is why he and his teammate were in a mine seemingly playing the game as usual when we found them?
8bitmushroom wrote: You killed him just as the grace period ended, maybe if you paid attention to the time when he told everyone to wait a minute, you wouldn't have attributed this to your fucking "salt" meme.
I mean, it's not like we were hounding him. After it ended we said "let's go find someone to kill" and quickly stumbled into him. I also fail to see why when we killed him was relevant seeing as Deoxys still didn't stop us after we killed Ghosthawk. It wasn't until we killed Deoxys himself that a restart was apparently necessary.
8bitmushroom wrote: Actually, nobody was fed up with it except you and Fyrus it seems. Maybe if you had listened to what was going on instead of being so competitive, things would have gone smoother and problems wouldn't have started.
I mean every single player left in the game was repeatedly saying no to restarts. So I'm fairly sure me and Fyrus weren't the only ones who cared?

8bitmushroom wrote: I don't think the loss of the iron was that debilitating because:
1) You could have returned to it anyway and
2) You both had full sets of armor and tools in the first place.
1) We were sent to a totally random position. We had NO idea where we were in relation to our stuff.
2) No we didn't.
8bitmushroom wrote: It didn't screw anyone over in the slightest, you all just overreacted over something where you could have easily gone back to your position. That, or you could have taken it as a road bump instead of flipping your shit over it and calling Deoxys out.
I mean yes it did? We lost our items, that is screwing us over? And it's not our job to take it as a roadbump when the host just starts screwing stuff up for no reason because they're angry. You can say "this was supposed to happen anyways" but the game was already far progressed and no one was near each other anyways. It was just a pointless anger scramble.
8bitmushroom wrote: By "everyone still playing" you are referring to You, Fyrus, Mista, Vinyl, and Dakras. And as far as I'm aware the only ones that were really complaining were You, Fyrus, and Mista.
I wouldn't know because I was kicked. :-)
Also when over half of the people playing are complaining there's a god damned problem.
8bitmushroom wrote: Actually, you didn't just say you weren't playing in the games anymore, you acted like a total douchebag about it.
I mean, it may have been rude, excuse me if I was fed up at that point. But that is what I said, regardless of how I put it.

Fyrus
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Fyrus » Sat May 09, 2015 7:32 pm

Alright, so, first off: "salt". I said that a grand total of once in-game as a throwaway joke about Deoxys's negative reaction to dying and demanding a restart before he gave any reason. I maybe said it genuinely once directed at 8bit in the Skype call after he got absolutely angry, but you sure weren't helping the situation by telling people to go kill themselves unironically and spouting obscenities + slurs left and right. You're in no position to call us out for bad behavior. If you want to go on about "salt" go tell that Mista whoever because they were the one who kept repeating it after even I told them to knock it off.

Second, "clowny behavior". Mind specifying? All we did was kill two players whose names I managed to see under the ground as we were passing by. That it happened to be Deoxys and dragonfan, the latter of whom AGREED with us on not restarting the server I might add. After that we did nothing but look for other players and build up supplies until the scramble which nobody asked for or was even prompted/notified about. The next thing after literally everyone playing at the moment complains (which in itself is a sign that it wasn't wanted) we were kicked once each from the server out of spite by Deoxys and then you shut down the whole server on us and start cussing us out. I don't normally get personal on these things but holy hell you went nuts. I have the entire log right now if you wish for me to post how pleasant you can be on an online chatroom with people under the age of 18.

Third, a scramble literally doesn't matter at all. The grace period ensures a generally spread result as most people try to get away and build their supplies up... or it would, if we didn't have the "wal-mart" over there which entices simply everyone to gather into one spot for a prolonged period. A better solution would be to place chests in a starting point, and after a one minute grace period teleport all teams to predetermined locations of equal distance, not randomly. This ensures nobody is going to die immediately. And honestly,we totally lucked out when I saw your name under the ground where we were player-hunting about 2 minutes after the grace period ran off. Yes, we were player hunting but that's what people do in these kinds of games. That's theobjective, and if you're going to get angry at us for fulfilling it then I'm not sure how to feel considering the object of a game is to win it, regardless of what the person organizing thinks. That's another thing; your attitude towards the players was that their opinions and ways of having fun were flat out wrong and that we couldn't continue enjoying ourselves in the way provided. As someone who has DM'd a few tabletop games that's absolutely inconsiderate to the players of your game. You base the game around what the player wants to do, not what you as a designer want from them. Yes, there was a technical hitch apparently (I sure as hell didn't see the message and I dunno how many did), but you had an entire 7-8 minutes to tell us that instead of waiting until everyone had already well-established what they're going to do, and as irritable as we got it sure wasn't us who started yelling first, and I'd hardly call our attitude unreasonable given the situation.

Ultimately, the thing is with these kinds of games is that things are going to happen that aren't intended. They always do. You can't punish the players for wanting to play the game after you've already given them their rules and set them off the leash. I'm not going to blame you for getting upset over a technical difficulty; if you really worked that long on it I'm genuinely sorry something like this occurred and dampened your own personal enjoyment of the game. But the thing is that other players WERE enjoying themselves; nobody else was complaining or wanted to restart, and yet one of the hosts decided against the majority by himself to completely screw over the other player out of self interest without even so much as asking. It's just plain mean-spirited to do something like that at all, regardless of how bad you think the game is going. In fact, at the rate the game was progressing there were only 3 other players besides Igno and myself so if there was just any amount of patience involved the game would have ended and we could have quickly organized a more "proper" game. But instead the decision we got was to interrupt the players and shut it all down when they all clearly took issue with it.

So yeah, we didn't want to play anymore because of the soured mood. I feel that it's fairly justifiable.

And yes, I mean all of them. Don't flat out lie and list names you personally don't like because everybody who was currently playing was unhappy. That's just ridiculous.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Sat May 09, 2015 8:17 pm

I'm going to ignore almost your entire post because you pretty much spewed the exact same thing Ignoritus spewed. Sure, yes, I'm a complete fuckwad, I overreacted, all you guys are right, you can stop correcting me on all my fucking mistakes and point out all the flaws that happened. Just know that you guys weren't innocent either when you kept egging on the drama.
So yeah, we didn't want to play anymore because of the soured mood. I feel that it's fairly justifiable.
You didn't want to play anymore because of the soured mood yet you and Igno were some of the main contributors to that?
And yes, I mean all of them. Don't flat out lie and list names you personally don't like because everybody who was currently playing was unhappy. That's just ridiculous.
That's actually not what I did but if you really want to put me in a bad light like that then go right ahead.

Regardless, things happened, all you did was repeat what Ignoritus said, and you can't act like you weren't one of the biggest contributors to this. Both you and Igno took the absolute piss out of various things on the server, if you want to act like absolute clowns I suggest you go back to playing Dota instead of bothering something that you're just going to cause problems with when things don't entirely comply.

Fyrus
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Fyrus » Sat May 09, 2015 8:18 pm

If you'd have read the post which has fairly different criticisms focused mostly on handling the game you'd have noticed I never claimed to be innocent and argued that irritation was justified. We didn't start going off until Deoxys or you did for that matter as well, so we weren't contributors to the game itself going to shit so much as the bad feeling after it shut down. If I'm going to take responsibility for something please state something I actually did, such as start that one kid off on the salt joke unintentionally or ruffle Deoxys's feathers when he wouldn't stop talking about the game being 'ruined'.

EDIT: By irritation I mean specifically you and Deoxys. It sucks having a game fall apart, I know.

Ignoritus
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Ignoritus » Sat May 09, 2015 8:27 pm

8bitmushroom wrote: You didn't want to play anymore because of the soured mood yet you and Igno were some of the main contributors to that?
All we wanted to do was play the game. The soured mood came from having to fight to just play the bloody game, and then having people screwing with us for no justifiable reason when we were playing the game,
8bitmushroom wrote: Regardless, things happened, all you did was repeat what Ignoritus said, and you can't act like you weren't one of the biggest contributors to this. Both you and Igno took the absolute piss out of various things on the server, if you want to act like absolute clowns I suggest you go back to playing Dota instead of bothering something that you're just going to cause problems with when things don't entirely comply.
So what you're saying is that we shouldn't dare to have a problem with how things are run and that if we do we should just leave rather than daring to voice complaint? Sounds a bit shady to me.
8bitmushroom wrote: just going to cause problems with when things don't entirely comply.
Isn't exactly what Deoxys did that caused this whole problem in the firstplace?

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”