Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Official SMBX Minecraft Server *Now Live!*

Postby Danny » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:05 pm

Credit to SilverDeoxys563 for the logo.

Server Rules (Read Before Playing!)
Spoiler: show
Here is a complete list of the server rules, please follow them well and you will have a good time. These rules apply to server staff as well! If you someone breaking any of these rules, report it to one of the Server Staff members (especially me), and please include a screenshot of what you are trying to report as it is harder for me and the staff to figure out what the problem is when all we have is your word.
  • 1. Absolutely no griefing! This includes things like destroying others' work or blowing things up with TNT. Placing lava, TNT, or water, or breaking blocks on another person's structures or buildings is considered griefing. This also goes for spamming blocks! Don't spam blocks. You will receive three warnings to stop, and after three warnings, you will be temporarily banned.
  • 2. No inappropriate sculptures or buildings. This includes things like swastikas or penises, or anything that could be offensive to one or more users. If somebody sees something that they think is offensive and they ask you to remove it, please do. If you do not remove the offending object after three warnings, you will be temporarily banned.
  • 3. Try to keep swearing/cursing to a minimum. Even if this is the SMBX Community, I want the server to remain family friendly and mature, so only use foul language in situations where it would be used, just don't go spewing it in general. You can speak perfect English without using cusses all the time. If you do swear/curse to an extensive amount, you may be kicked.
  • 4. If you are caught with an X-Ray texture pack or modification, you will be warned only once to stop, and then temporarily banned afterwards. Continued offenses will result in a permanent ban. Nobody likes a cheater, so why should you cheat yourself?
  • 5. Don't spam the chat. Nobody likes spam, and it just ruins the normal, typical flow of chat. You will be warned and promptly kicked if the offense is repeated, and if the offense is repeated after two warnings, you will be temporarily banned.
  • 6. Do not ask for any staff positions or special privileges from the staff. If the staff sees you as competent, you will be promoted at your consent. The staff will also not give you items for free, the point of the game is to survive yourself. If you are pestering or annoying a staff member, they will have the right to kick you. If you feel a staff member has abused his/her powers, let me know what happened and when it happened so I can bring it up with the offender.
  • 7. Do not shadow mine. If you don't know what the term "shadow mining" is, it means you follow someone like a shadow and steal their loot drops. The term "shadow mining" is used because the offense is most associated with mining itself, but it can be associated with other things, such as monster kills, farming, etc.. If you are caught or reported of shadow mining, you will be questioned for the offense, and if found guilty, you will be warned. If you exceed two warnings, you will be temporarily banned.
  • 8. Do not steal from others! Please don't take anything from any chest that does not belong to you. If you want precious items kept in a safe location, there is an Ender Chest in the hub. If somebody reports a stolen item or you steal an item and are caught, you will be issued a warning. Two warnings = Temporary ban.
  • 9. Do not harass/follow/stalk another player! If they ask you to stop doing what you are doing, it would be nice to abide to their wishes. If someone reports you of harassing/stalking them, you will be questioned by the staff and have the chance of being temporarily banned if you are found doing anything suspicious.
  • 10. Do not repeatedly kill another player. This server has PVP enabled, mostly for several minigames but also for anyone that wishes to partake in PVP. If someone asks you to stop killing them, do so. If someone reports you for spawnkilling or stalking/harassing (as Rule 9, only you are killed thereafter), you will be visited by the staff and possibly kicked/temporarily banned based on the severity of the offense. This rule still applies if you kill somebody purposefully with lava, TNT, water, sand/gravel, or mob aggro. If you kill somebody, it is good sportsmanship to return them their items if they ask.
  • 11. Please do not use a hacked/modded client! If you are caught using one, you will be automatically banned (hopefully), no questions asked. You can bring this up with me or the other staff if you would wish to be unbanned, but keep in mind that you should have a really good reason to be unbanned.
Server Staff

8bitmushroom/Syndrilevosse/Danny - Server Owner

SilverDeoxys563 - Server Co-Owner

Blank/XNBlank - Server Moderator

Vinyl Scratch/DRAG0NKING - Server Moderator

dragonfan96 - Server Moderator

Zanian96/Dakras/Mighty.EXE - Server Moderator

If you aren't whitelisted on the server, post your IGN (in-game name) here and one of the staff will add you as soon as they can. If you have been banned and think this is a mistake, contact a staff member. Hint: I count as a staff member!

Welcome one and all to the SMBX Community Minecraft Server! This thread will be used for discussing stuff about the server, showing off your works and other stuff, signing up for server events, and asking questions. Pretty basic stuff, eh? The server is hosted by none other than me, myself. I also have a super cool moderator force that can and should be trusted, they're really friendly!

The server is Survival, hopefully that is to be expected, although you will start in a little hub area, just in case it's night and you need a place to stay, other than that, you're on your own! People are likely to have towns or settlements built, and might have little communities or whatnot for you to join. The only players with the power to jump into Creative mode are the staff themselves, though I strongly, strongly encourage they play in Survival so it's fair for everyone.

Want info on the server?
  • The capacity, or number of users able to play on it at once, is 20. This could be bumped up in the future if the funds are available and if we need more slots, but 20 is a good median for now.
  • PVP will be on, though I don't encourage ruthless killing. There is a rule for outright killing someone, and the only time where this rule would be loosely enforced is when a group of players agree that their towns or settlements could be at war with another one for roleplaying purposes. PVP is enabled mainly for minigames, but as long as all participants are fine with it, you may use PVP for what it is intended for.
  • Donations are accepted but not mandatory, I'll tell you more about how to donate later once I figure that all out.
  • The rules are subject to change, especially if someone manages to exploit a rule or some of the rulings seem too lax. Make sure to read up on the rulings at least once a month.
  • Server maintenance may occur once or twice a month, which means the server will be unavailable until maintenance ends. I'll let you know when there will be upcoming maintenance, don't worry!
The server is online at: smbx.mcph.co, if you're not whitelisted, make a post in this thread with your IGN to be whitelisted!

Want to support the server? Put this in your signature.

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=101970#p101970][img]https://multicraft.mcprohosting.com/index.php?r=status/391925.png[/img][/url]

Credit to myself for the logo.

You read it right, the Minecraft Hunger Games!

Every once in a while, me and a group of people dedicated to the event will hold a Hunger Games-style tournament, with rulings changing each game to add some variety. Each of these events will be live-streamed and recorded for viewing afterwards. We've only done this once before, and it wasn't on this server, but we hope to do it many times in the near future!

How does it work?
Me and a group of people dedicated to the event (those that participate 100% through) will be thrown into an arena, and we must fight to the death! In the first rendition of these games, we were paired in teams of two, but in future renditions, that could change, such as a free-for-all! The winning team or player will be put up in a Hall of Fame, which will also showcase highlights of the games, such as battle climaxes, or the deaths of each participant.

What are the arenas like?
That depends, since each arena will hopefully be unique! Most arenas will always have a cornucopia with some starting items in the center, and they will also have a number of starting platforms equal to the number of participants. All arenas will hold a theme, such as a jungle, a desert, a rocky mesa, a forest, etc.. Some arenas may have traps and challenges inside of them to increase the suspense and danger of each one. As an example, a desert arena may have various pitfalls that people must be cautious of, whereas an arena with rolling hills may feature sudden cliffs or even hidden landmines.

How can I participate?
If you want to participate in an upcoming Hunger Games event, you must meet both of the following requirements:
You must own some form of microphone so you can use voice communication with your team members or the others.
You must be dedicated to the event, meaning you can't leave halfway through or take a long break from it. The first event we held took us roughly 3-4 hours to complete, though we didn't have a set arena size then, so these events might take a little less time to go through.
If you meet both those requirements, just make a post or shoot me a PM that you'd like to participate in an upcoming event and I'll fill you in on any extra details.

When will these events be held?
Either once every month or once every two months, maybe less than that, since it requires some time to build the arenas fully, and then we plan out the event's date as well as have all participants at the ready. These events will most likely take place during the Eastern Standard Time noon or afternoon hours, and will most likely take place during the Summer, although we could have a couple more events a lot more often if people are up for it and are dedicated enough. I will make an announcement almost a month early about any upcoming events, and sign-ups for those events will be around those times.

How are the arenas planned out?
Once I finish accepting sign-ups, I will begin working on the arena for the event based on the number of people we have. For example, in an event with an odd number of people, the event will most likely be free-for-all. An event with an even number of people will be teams of two. An event with a small number of people will feature a smaller arena. An event with a large amount of people will feature a generally larger arena. The larger the arena's size, the more likely there will be traps and other environmental hazards.

Event Timeline
There have been no events yet!
May the odds be ever in your favor!
Last edited by Danny on Wed May 13, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 63 times in total.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Re: The SMBX Community Minecraft Server

Postby zioy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Krazykat - KoolKat_Gold

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:48 am

MC Name: Pevio

--

Amazing work so far.

Choco
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Choco » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:51 am

Minecraft Username - chocolatelava

sleepy
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby sleepy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:49 pm

I don't know if you made the server cracked or not, so I'm going to throw out 2 usernames;

if it's cracked, add cHRISJE
if it's premium, add Crankykong99

Marina
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Postby Marina » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Mine is GLuigiX, I already saw it once before it was open to the public, can't wait to see what you made out of it :D

TangledLion
Spike
Spike

Postby TangledLion » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Username:TangledLion

Psyched for this!

Ignoritus
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Ignoritus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:22 pm

My minecraft name is DoubleGale

Knux
Nipper
Nipper
Pronouns: she/they

Postby Knux » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:29 pm

Knuckles_Knux

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:35 pm

FlBa

I'll just hope I remember my MC password lol

Mighty.EXE
Banned

Postby Mighty.EXE » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:58 pm

Uhh.
my ign is Zanian96
..feels weird to only post here,after so long

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:22 pm

sleepy wrote:I don't know if you made the server cracked or not, so I'm going to throw out 2 usernames;

if it's cracked, add cHRISJE
if it's premium, add Crankykong99
The server is not cracked, it's all online mode.

I'm kind of surprised at all of the people that wanted to be on the whitelist in such a short span of time.

Pyromaniac22
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Pyromaniac22 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Pyromaniac22
Minecraft name: Arirang2009
I do hope you will allow me on this server

Trace
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby Trace » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:03 am

Trace_Chan

SilverDeoxys563

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Things looking clear for tomorrow, or will you have to switch the release to the 8th?

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:08 pm

The 5th is looking good but if something goes on that I was told might be going on then we can bet on the 7th or 8th as being definitive release dates.

Also this will mean that my possible purchasing of a 3DS XL will be delayed by $10, but whatever, Minecraft!

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Postby Danny » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:34 am

Hey everybody, just wanted to let you know that the server will be released in a time slot of 12:00 PM EST to 3:00 PM EST. At any time between the time slot I will give out the server's IP and you can all connect whenever you wish as long as you have been whitelisted, it will be run 24/7 and is an all-survival world. During the first few days of being up I may want some help actually finishing the few parts of the town that need finishing.

It's been a really, really long road and I'm finally proud to announce that the server is going to be opening its doors once and for all. I really appreciate your guys' support towards this and I hope to see you all on the server soon!

aero
Palom
Palom

Re: The SMBXCMS | Server Release in 10 Hours!

Postby aero » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:23 am

When you say all-survival, does that go for you and other staff too due to server limitations or can you set creative on some people?

If it's possible, I'd like to suggest free items for people who join within the first 48 hours. Like food, tools, or something else that would help out.

Either way though, I'm glad you stuck with this and look forward to seeing the town tomorrow (or well later today).

Danny
Reznor
Reznor

Re: The SMBXCMS | Server Release in 10 Hours!

Postby Danny » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:38 am

GhostHawk wrote:When you say all-survival, does that go for you and other staff too due to server limitations or can you set creative on some people?

If it's possible, I'd like to suggest free items for people who join within the first 48 hours. Like food, tools, or something else that would help out.

Either way though, I'm glad you stuck with this and look forward to seeing the town tomorrow (or well later today).
I can put creative on others as desired, it's just a normal server really. What I was trying to get at is that the server is mainly survival focused, the only ones with creative would be privileged people and staff for convenience.

Anybody that joins gets free items as there are buildings scattered around the town that hand out the essentials, like a wooden axe, a wooden pickaxe, a wooden sword, beds, and cookies, the rest is all fend-for-yourself as true survival should be, but I can see as the server progresses people can make their own towns and communities and work with each other.

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Re: The OSMBXMS | Server Release in 10 Hours!

Postby Valentine » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:19 am

Whitelist me

Username- kostamaster4

(Make sure everything in the username is lowercased)

Return to “Pit of 100 Pages”