Official community level contests.
RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Re: Winter Contest: Tier 5!!!

Postby RudeGuy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:06 am

Sux wrote:When will be CC11?
Since the contest is seasonal, maybe in March.

Sux
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: Winter Contest: Tier 5!!!

Postby Sux » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:08 am

RudeGuy07 wrote:
Sux wrote:When will be CC11?
Since the contest is seasonal, maybe in March.
Excellent, now I'll have time to do a decent level, since this level ( Fuckin' 15th place ), I made it in 1 week only... ( 9 days to be more exact )

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Winter Contest: Tier 6!!!

Postby Valtteri » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:11 am

Tier 6 Places 1-10
Spoiler: show
10. Sambo - Island Exploration (8.24/10)
  • Chad (7.4/10)
    • Enjoyable level. The design is quite good, with great tile placements to provide plenty of exploration and tunnels that hold bonuses, while giving the level a great overall structure. There's a nicely-devised separation of two distinct halves (wet and dry), and the underwater one has a good feeling of depth to it. Enemy placements are great too, as they feel particularly planned and require careful movement from the player at times. The level's comfortably short if you're going for the main star, but you have to comb the entire place for the second one, which is a good balance. It's easier to invest the extra time when the level has a generally moderate difficulty, as well. However, the very first shell-kicker's placement is mean, because the shell flies straight at you the instant it appears on the screen with no warning. Other than that though, this was a pleasant and well-crafted run. I really only have that one little thing to complain about.
    Joey (9.0/10)
    • My only complaint about this level was a few of the graphics; I don't like the look of the SMB3 wood bridges or the SMB3 brown seafloor. Besides that, though, this level was great. I really liked how you could take multiple paths and I really appreciated the way they met in the end. If anything, the enemies seemed kind of random and scattered (due to the different colored Koopa Troopas, etc.), but other than that I can't think of much more that was wrong here.
    Quill (8.5/10)
    • I really enjoyed this level! The design and variety was good and finding the red coins was fun and challenging enough. It's just a shame this level is a bit short, I would have loved to have had more exploration! I really enjoyed this level overall though, good job!
    Layla (8.3/10)
    • Very fun level! I won't say the red coin collecting for an extra star is a bad gimmick as it usually pertains to a beach level. I will also say it was executed very well and I thank you for not making me replay the entire level to get the main star when you give me the secret star. Aside from the gimmick, it's a very fun and atmospheric open range beach level which by itself has a lot of it's own secrets, all in one section. Dragon coins were in spots where people may actually bother to go get them, and NPC placement was fairly decent. Some points, I didn't expect there to be a blue beach koopa to kick a shell at me, and I won't say that's a very nice thing to do to a player!
    Valtteri (8.0/10)
    • This is a neat level! It has a lot of collectibles, which can be fun. If you like collecting stuff. I like the way the level is split into a beach and an underwater area and how the background supports this. The level is quite beautifully constructed, and is fun to play, too.
9. Waddle Derp - Subcon Swamp (8.3/10)
  • Chad (6.0/10)
    • This is an intriguingly eerie forest level. The design and gameplay are somewhat elaborate, making the player explore and hit interesting multi-hit switches to unlock new pathways. Aside from that and the creepy atmosphere, the gameplay's fairly standard, but I didn't much care for the rapidly moving land and disappearing platforms. They're fine once you understand them, but they are introduced very poorly, so it's likely that they'll drop right under a player's feet before it's even possible to tell what will happen. For a level with no midpoint where the gimmick is introduced fairly late in, that's unfortunate, and also makes it quite difficult to trust any of the surfaces. The poison mushrooms are also unfair because they look the same as everything else, but at least they're only in one spot. The boss is quite cleverly devised, though. Very interesting uses of appearing and disappearing mechanics, and unlike the other gimmicks, the phases are introduced quite well.
    Joey (9.0/10)
    • This was a cool level and I liked how you incorporated the moving tiles. The boss was really interesting too and I think you did a great job with the eerie atmosphere. You also managed to keep it pretty simple - I never felt overwhelmed by anything, though I think there may have been one or two areas I didn't explore. They were probably just dead ends. The music was pretty cool as well. Nice job.
    Quill (8.5/10)
    • Woah, what a weird and mysterious level. I liked some of the gimmicks used here, like having to hit a block thrice to activate all its contents. The whole land appearing out of nowhere was a bit weird, since it seemed to happen randomly and it could catch the player off guard. The boss was pretty unique, he was simple, yet it was still fun to play. Overall, good job!s
    Layla (9.7/10)
    • This was an amazing SMB2 styled level, using the grass in ways that look very well done, precise and intricate. It's amazingly well detailed and the music, sounding very creepy and ambient, pulls off a really dark and spooky level! The gimmicks you used with the platforms, ranging from a block hitting three times makes three platforms appear one by one, with land shooting up and down yet still working correctly, and a platform getting thinner and then wider. All of these tricks work together to make the level more trickier and a lot more fun! The midboss was also nice, and I thought it even worked where it was. However, I would move the midpoint to either after or before the boss. Other than a few cramped areas I thought this level was fantastic!
    Valtteri (8.3/10)
    • It's pretty hard to tell poison mushrooms from normal mushrooms when everything is all dark and Mario 2... But I like this level, it's really gorgeous! The terrain is shaped beautifully. It's wavy but in a controlled way. Enemies are placed in a thought out manner. Although I don't get why the big green Shy Guys turn around at edges and the small versions don't. Why do the Cobrats shoot lava? I'm not a fan of the platforms that disappear. They're not very fair. I do like the blocks that you have to hit many times to make platforms appear. They're pointless but they're new! I liked what happened after the boss. Try to enter jar, you can't, jar suddenly turns upside down, you think the boss isn't over yet, but then it is and the jar turns back right side up!
8. Vanishing Bulborb - The New Forest Temple (8.32/10)
  • Chad (8.4/10)
    • This level is overflowing with absolutely brilliant puzzles. There are so many different elaborate tasks that the player must do in order to unlock new areas, some of which span almost the entire level, and that's honestly amazing. The design is excellent in order to accomodate these aspects, with a lot of neat event presentation to really make the temple feel alive. It's a quite tricky level to solve, but quite an accomplishment when you finally do. However, one problematic aspect of the level that was almost always present is that enemies are really intense. They'd be a great difficulty if the level was shorter and less convoluted, but it's way too demanding to deal with that in all of the many rooms you must visit multiple times. The midpoint doesn't unlock any of the puzzles that you've already completed (except granting you heavy block powers right away), so you basically have to do the whole level in one run while dealing with every hazard. This would be excellent if the difficulty was more lenient, though. Also, the background and some of the scenery are detailed and dark enough that it can be easy to confuse what's solid and what's not, and the bats blend in extremely well. Otherwise, the amount of complication in this level is still quite impressive. The minibosses and enemy kill rooms are quite clever, too. Even with the overwhelming enemy placement though, the level's's still doable, but requires a large amount of patience and stamina.
    Joey (7.0/10)
    • This level was cool but it dragged on for too long. The green boss was interesting, but everything else had a lot of NPCs that would probably make this level take a really long time for the average player. That was my only real complaint - this level would be better if it was shorter. The graphics are also a little bit off-putting but I think that comes back to personal preference.
    Quill (8.0/10)
    • Man, that was a really cool level. Though ideas are taken from Ocarina of Time, the way they are executed in SMBX is amazing. The elevator can easily be broken, as once you hit the mid-point, backtracking back into the room after entering the main room again can break the elevator as it's higher up. Preventing access into that room upon death of the checkpoint can fix this issue. The bosses are pretty cool, ntohing too special, but at least they are not generic. Overall, good job.
    Layla (9.2/10)
    • Fantastic forest temple! The goal to find and beat two ghosts is fantastic considering you have a bunch of little puzzles in each room you have to beat to advance to certain areas. Each idea is done very well, ranging from a moving layer room, finding a glove to be able to move objects, etc. This definitely felt like a Legend of Zelda level (and the music helps a lot).
    Valtteri (9.0/10)
    • I don't like the fire in the first boss. It's not fair. This has to be the best Ocarina of Time based level I've ever played! I think it's very loyal for a Mario level. It's a lot of fun to play- Excellent job. It looks amazing, too. The puzzle structure reminds me of Ocarina of Time, although I haven't played that game too much.
7. sezixor - Astronomic Arctic Adventure (8.42/10)
  • Chad (7.3/10)
    • This is a pretty elaborate level. The hybrid of ice and space is interesting and the atmosphere is conveyed really well. There's an impressive amount of detail in terms of how the cave/castle tiles are placed, and especially how the red coin-based moving layers are presented. The gameplay is otherwise fairly normal with pleasant difficulty, but there's a lot more complexity in the Fire Flower sections. However, the second half is significantly longer than the first. It takes some time to complete the Fire Flower segment, and then the pipe cannon area is extended quite a bit after that, which made it drag on. The pipe cannons themselves are impressive, but they don't offer much more than eyecandy. The rest of the section is ordinary platforming, and feels like it's just there to show the cannons off. Personally, I'd have liked to see a bit more done with the castle stuff instead. I also disliked the propeller block part, as it forces you to fall into a pit that looks like death, the water is easily mistakable for solid surface because of the similar palette, and the Thwomp that blends in with everything is a poor hazard choice. This is a well-made and fun level, it just started feeling repetitive after the Fire Flower bit and has some minor things that could be ironed out.
    Joey (8.0/10)
    • What was immediately off-putting was that all of the graphics were recolored. I don't mind the color itself, but rather the fact that almost every graphic was changed to this color. I definitely would change that, and I also didn't think the music was fitting. Other than those things, this level was pretty fun and I liked the moving tiles concept. My only other complaint would be that this level dragged on a little bit too long - I liked everything that was put in it (moving tiles, fire flower, propeller block), but I would've made it a little shorter.
    Quill (9.0/10)
    • What a beautiful level. The setting is extraordinary, giving an amazing and unique atmosphere. This level is very good, my only real complaint is the length. It did seem to drag on for quite a while, but it kept me entertained. I could see it being annoying if the player were to die though.
    Layla (9.3/10)
    • Oh boy, this music sounds beautiful, and it comes from effing Finding Nemo! The somewhat monotone, oh boy it implements an unbelievable strong atmosphere and I thought deep while playing! Oh man look at those fancy moving layers and those red coin tricks that make things fly in! Holy crap the cannon parts! Omg this level is so amaz... wait... invisible coin block bridge...? Huh, is that a section entirely dedicated to retrieving a fire flower to remove some ice in a area back to the main level? Oh goodness, not floating water physics! Yeah, this level really has some events that pop out at the player, and they almost seem to be desperately used to keep the player's attention, away from the rest of the level that is attempted to be shined out, with the invisible coin bridge I have to make. Although the monotone looks great, it gets kind of old, and grey, but it still holds the atmosphere strong. With a few gimmick flaws, it's still a fantastic level.
    Valtteri (8.5/10)
    • This is a very good level! The path is interesting and goes all over all kinds of interesting areas. I like the platforms that come out of random directions, they look cool! They also make the red coins more interesting. Normally I just sigh out of frustration when I see red coins and I'm supposed to collect them all to get a second star or something but these ones actually help me to get further in the level! I like it very much. I would complain that the level's maybe a tad too long. I don't like the grayish purple color that dominates the level, and the large selection of BGOs makes the level look kind of messy, but that could be just me.
6. ElTipsta - Distinctive Level Name (8.54/10)
  • Chad (9.4/10)
    • This is a pretty amazing level. It has a uniquely great design that feels very careful and deliberate in order to serve the purpose of everything around it as effectively as possible. It frequently presents cleverly-crafted Kuribo Shoe runs, tricky hazard placement, paths and objectives that wind around all of the available space to give off a puzzling and explorative feel, and impressive placements of secrets and bonuses. The entire level does a lot of different things to test the player while maintaining a consistently challenging but completely fair difficulty. This level demonstrates a strong sense of how to make the player do a wide variety of things in optimally interesting ways. All of this is contained in a serene cherry blossom forest atmosphere, and sets a mood that makes this level feel great both visually and functionally. It isn't without its issues, though. The first Dragon Coin is a bit unreasonable considering your window of opportunity is so narrow that it's gone by the time you notice it, the secret star and keyhole exit (odd for a hub) imply that you can explore the level further afterwards when you can't, and the moving Munchers in the second half remain stopped for so long that you can't tell what some of them will do until they push you into the ceiling and kill you. Other than those though, this was a supremely enjoyable level.
    Joey (7.0/10)
    • I got to what I thought would be the end of the level and was greeted with a midpoint. Long story short, this level was way too long and I got kinda sick of it toward the end. A bunch of new ideas were introduced at really bad times and it started to get repetitive. That being said, I did get a Japanese Cherry Blossom kind of vibe from the pink forest, so that was cool. The music was relatively fitting as well. I do think you could've done without the recolored enemies (save for the jumping piranhas) and instead just used the normal SMB3 versions. That would make the level more consistent, since the SMW recolorings have nothing to do with the rest of the theme of the level.
    Quill (8.5/10)
    • This level is beautiful. I loved the design of it and the atmosphere is simple, yet charming. I like the use of the Kuribo's shoe, as it's an underrated power-up. It would have been nice to see the red and blue variations, but I'm that picky. It was a little lengthy, but I can't say any of it was boring. Something about this level made it impossible to grow bored, so great job!
    Layla (9.5/10)
    • I was genuinely surprised at this level. At first, I didn't think there was much going for it, but it turned out to be a really fun, relaxing level to play. The music is absolutely gorgeous (let me emphasize on the absolutely gorgeous) and it adds so much to the atmosphere. The tileset mixing with the wood and the stone as well as the pink trees, all seem like an awkward combination, but it all seemed to work together perfectly. The Kuribo areas were all nicely done, and the enemies weren't overflowing. Power-ups and coins were also nice. My big issue with the level is how confusing it was, as I got lost quite a few times.
    Valtteri (8.3/10)
    • Excellent choice of graphics. ;) Except for the Venus Fire Traps, those are ugly. This is a great level that uses the Goomba Shoe a lot. The level's pleasant to look at, the terrain varies in a beautiful way I would say. I got lost a lot which was annoying. Maybe I just have a bad sense of direction.
5. SuperMario7 - Epicmode Interstellar Adventure (8.8/10)
  • Chad (8.8/10)
    • Quite the ambitious level! It's clever how the level uses magnetic forces as a gimmick but frequently switches them up to have opposite uses. The design around them is excellent, because the idea enables the layout to be rather tight and dangerous in order to challenge the player's precision. Pretty much every spot of the level uses them in a slightly different way to really flesh out the potential, and the same can be said for the arrows. The planet atmosphere is set up pretty well too, it's a great way to convey a toxic environment. The lightning is a pretty unique implementation as well, requiring clearly-indicated precision and timing to overcome, and the lava finds interesting ways to test the player's caution as well. Great job in giving the story an epic finale and chase sequence, too! However, most of the lava placement should be more forgiving. This is a long level with a lot to redo if you lose a life to the omnipresent insta-kill substance that presents very little room for error. For instance, widen the tunnels of it and make the chase sections start at an earlier point, because it's right on top of you the minute you enter those. The lightning during that is also a bit much, as it's very much a wait-and-plan obstacle which there really isn't reasonable time for. It's still doable enough, but a lot of progress is lost to something you can't always help. Other than those, this is a pretty astounding level that really offers a lot of variety and creativity along with interesting presentation.
    Joey (8.0/10)
    • I really liked all of the concepts that were introduced in this level, and the planet areas looked really nice. There were only three things that bugged me. The first one is mostly insignificant: I wasn't too fond of the laboratory/space station graphics or the lightning graphics. Both looked a little bit too cartoonish (and the latter too wide for a lightning bolt). Second, the up-blocks were a great idea that ended up being too difficult to use given the circumstances. They were almost always surrounded by lava, pits (I know that's kind of the point, but still), or enemies. Finally, the level was pretty long. You incorporated really good ideas and it never felt repetitive, but it just took a lot of time. Another powerup or two may fix this.
    Quill (9.0/10)
    • What a crazy level. I loved how the setting of the level changed half-way through, normally it isn't so great, but the way it is used here is pretty awesome. But man, this level does get really over the top towards the end, not that it is a bad thing, it was quite intense. I really enjoyed the level though! A sign somewhere to indicate what the Arrow vine things do would have been nice, as I wasn't really too sure what they did at first. In addition, why are there thunder bolts in space?! Oh well, it was good!
    Layla (9.7/10)
    • I must say the music in the second half is not meant for Mario because it sounds like something straight out of Lord of the Rings, but some of it does fit and it pertains to the atmosphere (ranging from spaceship to geonosis to puke green star) fairly well. Some of the gimmicks were also nice, and I wish I knew of that rocket vine idea a long time ago. SOME gimmicks were not nice, like the thunder. In places like a space/underwater, or any section for that matter, the lightning blocks were hard to difficult, and this is likely because of how many you put around, so it was annoying to die a lot from the lightning blocks. I will say when it comes to the Geonosis sections with the puke lava parts, I didn't get much room, to move around with the propeller. This level had some fantastic elements, ranging from the drop dead gorgeous sections to a very legitimate space-like atmosphere, but I found the water space sections cheesy as hell and I can't say I enjoyed the lava or lightning areas either. I can't say I didn't enjoy this level a ton, because I did!
    Valtteri (8.5/10)
    • Well this was interesting! I like the gravity thing very much. It's simple but ingenious. The level goes through very different-looking phases and it's pretty cool. The escape sequence was fascinating too. The lightnings are ugly and annoying.
4. Shinbison-Kof - BRKS Sub-Corporation RX (8.82/10)
  • Chad (8.6/10)
    • This level sure has a lot going for it. It does a great job at presenting an underground sci-fi base theme. The design is really interesting, with a variety of neat technological gimmicks such as lasers, toggling platforms, elevators, and flickering lights to give the player plenty to work with. The enemies are intriguingly creepy, I enjoyed the moving lava segment and how you thoughtfully made it stop to prevent overloading the level, the darkness gimmick is especially well executed, and the rising lava section at the end isn't too demanding considering everything that comes before it. The level isn't without its issues, though. One consistently present problem is that all the detail, though excellent-looking on its own, made it more difficult to tell what's solid and what's not. It's mostly not a big deal, but sometimes the scenery will look similar to a platform and it'll be a little unclear how you're supposed to progress, especially where laser generators are concerned. This isn't helped by the fact that the laser sounds are playing through the ENTIRE level despite only encountering them a few times, so that's annoying at first but eventually I started to tune it out and it loses its effect as an indicator. A better way to do this in a level this size would be graphically, like removing the sound but making them a different color or faded scenery versions when they're about to appear (and don't make them lava, that's mean). Also, the ghost coins don't accomplish much of anything, and look like regular coins. They could reward you with a Mushroom or 1up or something. Another potential problem is that the midpoint should be just before the block train, because it has an unclear path and you have to redo everything because of it if you die. Finally, the explosion at the very end nearly knocked me off the pipe and into the lava near the star, and that would be another incredibly lousy way to die. Other than those, this level is quite good. It's immense, it's got a ton of exploration, an interesting story, and a lot of challenges to keep the player invested. It definitely requires frameskip-disabling though, so take note, players!
    Joey (8.0/10)
    • This was quite an interesting level. The thing that bothered me the most was how much was going on graphically, to the point where it was hard to tell what you can jump on and what you can't. There needs to be more differentiation between what is there to look cool and what is there to be useful to the player; it's great to make the useful stuff look cool, but do so in a different way from all the other cool stuff. I had a lot of lag playing this level, but was able to finish it. Pretty good overall.
    Layla (9.3/10)
    • This level has a truly astounding atmosphere, and a truly astounding on nearly everything it does. The music plays onto the downright astounding graphics, using modified versions of GFX I've seen before as well as a lot of new custom stuff that adds onto this subterranean lab kind of them to it. I couldn't count the number of different gimmicks you used and the fact that you used them all flawlessly. You put a LOT of different things in this level, whether it's the gimmicks (hello flickering lights, flipping platforms, lasers, etc), NPCs (Hello grudge girl) and tileset mixing (Hello Steins;lab). What's an issue with the level? Maybe it's just because of my computer and how incredibly slow it moved, but I didn't have too much fun playing the level. I would also like to point out towards the end there's a toad placed right under a warp pipe. That toad is in a godawful position. The switch from that trippy industrial music to the SM item room music also eats at the atmosphere at the end of the level.
    Valtteri (8.8/10)
    • The floating Jesus is pretty weird. :P This level is filled with detail. It looks absolutely gorgeous. It feels like an underground laboratory research central thing. It's perfect! The lasers are old but still cool. I'm not a fan of the platforms that constantly disappear for a few seconds, they just feel like a waste of time for me. While the level gets really creative with all the explosion effects, and varying platform rides, the weird-looking enemies kind of ruin it for me. Not entirely but they affect the atmosphere. Or maybe it's just me. Maybe the silly looks of them supports the overall atmosphere a Mario game should have. They're still zombies, though. :/ The malfunctioning lights near the end are really cool, it really feels like a blackout with the flashing. Good job on that. Thanks Mario =D
    zlakergirl357 (9.4/10)
    • A stunning level. The design in this level is amazing and innovating. The whole concept of the level is amazing and very original. The gimmicks in this wasn't that well used however it they were nice additions. The atmosphere is what you nailed in this level. The placement of the different NPCs was well, however a bit overwhelming. Overall an amazing level and I loved it! I can imagine this winning the contest. Guess: Shinbison-Kof
3. Bomber57 - Gearworks Greenery (8.84/10)
  • Chad (9.7/10)
    • A thoroughly impressive level, I've gotta say! A mechanical grassland is a pretty great idea, and the concept is conveyed rather excellently here. The visual delivery is heavy on industrial appearances while also maintaining a strong grassland feeling, so you definitely nailed the theme and provided plenty of detail in both regards as well. The design and gameplay are similar, providing a great balance between gimmick-filled layouts that wrap around themselves, and simple straight runs of solid platforming. I really enjoyed all the different traps such as flamethrowers, cannons, fire plants, Munchers, and bombs. Their placements are extremely effective, which gives the level a fun difficulty and makes everything feel carefully planned. The gear hunt was fun as well, as there was plenty of freedom to explore and they're all in locations that are unique from one another. I did find a few very minor issues with the level however, such as the dark gray metal floor in the first area being a little ambiguous, because the level hasn't firmly introduced it to the player as scenery just yet. Also, a few missing tiles are somewhat visible while going through the waterways, and I didn't care for the last gear's indicator because I interpreted the sign as "go here once you got all the gears" instead of "this is where the last gear is" which got me lost for a bit. I appreciate the simple enemy kill room though, and generator-based ones in phases like this one are clever. It's breakable by blocking the generators with the Ice Flower, though. Other than that, I had a really enjoyable time with this level. There's so much to it, and the clearly-large amount of effort really pays off.
    Joey (7.0/10)
    • This level was really well thought-out, but I wasn't a fan of the graphics. There was a lot going on graphically in this level, and there were a few different styles of graphics going on. I think it would've been better to make everything look a bit more similar and pick a few things (maybe the hidden gears just a little bit) to stand out more. The NPCs felt a little bit cluttered sometimes, too.
    Quill (8.5/10)
    • I actually really liked this level. The atmosphere is super cool and the design backs up it up well. There's plenty of variety too. It's a tad long, but it's still mostly enjoyable that the length isn't that big of an issue. The 'boss' was interesting, though more could have been done with it in my opinion.
    Layla (10.0/10)
    • I must first say that the effing background is just beautiful and this along with the tileset mixing, the slightly ominous music, gimmicks with gears, fire pipes and toxic lava all made this atmosphere... near perfect. I thought the toad brigade was a comical touch, yet signs may have been a nice idea as well, but that's only a small nitpick. This level is absolutely fantastic design wise as the mix between a grass level and a factory level would have never been one of my first ideas, nor would I have expected someone to do it so well. The red platforms that flip are a nice little addition and the gears section was a very well done open section. The generators in the "leaked pipe" section can cause an overflow of bots in that area, but that's only if you're a wuss like me who cheated and got stuck in the wall.
    Valtteri (9.0/10)
    • I like the cogwheels. ;) I don't like the smoke effects. :( I love the background! :) This level is great! The first half is pretty simple and in the second you collect gears I guess. I'm not a fan of tasks like that, I always have to keep count of things myself and I can't do it. But I found them all afterall. I did get lost a lot, though. I'm like that. The level's fun to play. There are lots of different challenges on the path to the Star. I like the purple slime thing and how the leakage is actually purple Zelda 2 Bits, that's clever. The level looks awesome too, except for the smoke, that looks bad.
Winner and runner-up later haha

Dark-Mecha77 and FireLink are the final two. Get excited.

Sux
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Sux » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:14 am

I hope than FireLink wins!!
But good luck for Dark Mecha too!

ssumday
Bit
Bit
Flair: Nope

Postby ssumday » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:17 am

I didn't expect that my level get top 2. I'm very happy for that. :D
Good luck to DarkMecha!

h2643
Birdo
Birdo

Postby h2643 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:49 am

Well, no wonder you're in a Top 2 ;)
I don't even know who will win, both you and Mecha are great level designers. Good luck to both, though!

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:53 am

My vote goes to FireLink. If Dark-Mecha wins, I'll be really surprised, as it shows he's really come a long way with his level designing.

sezixor
Blooper
Blooper

Postby sezixor » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:53 am

Given the circumstances that I was faced with when designing my level, I did a little better than expected. That being said, I had to rush my level a little towards the end since my school work was taking up a lot of my time. I know my level was a little long, but I thought I made up for that by making it easy and straightforward. Guess not. I'll try to improve on this aspect next time.

I'm happy to see FireLink and Dark Mecca in the final. They are both fantastic designers and worthy of winning. Good luck to you both!

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:09 am

rooting for Dark-Mecha.

also wow, i see a lot of newbies have actually improved theyr level designs!
especially you, Waddle Derp, very nice placement!

XerX
Foo
Foo

Postby XerX » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:23 pm

I never expected to get this far in a contest with such a shitty level. :u Top 20.

Congrats to those who passed me. It was enjoyable to make a level, but I probably won't do it again. :D

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:42 pm

Well I like my position, my level is really strange, and creepy. The graphics is " + -" realistic (IMO), but ok. Thanks all judges and good luck Dark Mecha ( He is off in the forum =/) and Firelink :)

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:18 pm

tier 5 lol not bad for a 1st contest lol

Aviici
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Aviici » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Good luck FireLink and DarkMecha Who will wins? :D

Sux
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Sux » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:05 pm

why zlakergirl review the Shinbison's level?

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:23 pm

Sux wrote:why zlakergirl review the Shinbison's level?
Some levels didn't work for Joey or Quill's computers, so substitute judges were chosen: Bomber57, zlakergirl357, and bossedit8 (basically anyone Elsa could get ahold of quickly). I think they did a fine job!

Sambo
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Sambo » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:47 pm

I made 10th? I honestly did not expect that from my first contest.

GameClip477
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby GameClip477 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:27 am

Wow, this level contest really surprised me when it come to results. I'm really happy to see some newcomers to reaching the top 10. Now I'm really excited to play the Tower of Biased 9 to see and play what do all of the level look like. Anyways, congrats to the people in the top 10 and everyone else who is happy where there place at!

Aviici
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Aviici » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:05 pm

When you will publish the winner Valtteri, today?

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:26 pm

Aviici wrote:When you will publish the winner Valtteri, today?
He has to, or else we'll have to wait for months until he comes back.

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:24 pm

i demand Dark-Mecha77 as winner!

OR I'LL HAVE YOUR HEADS ON SILVER PLATES, JUDGES.

ktkxbai <3

Return to “Level Contests”