Claim Levels

The hidden forum for The Invasion 3 development discussion.
Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Claim Levels

Postby Valtteri » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:24 am

Sednaiur wrote:If I did understand the TP correct, then we can claim 3 levels at the same time?

I have taken a look through all the existing and still free level-slots, and I found the three most interesting to do-levels for me, which are as follows:

1-7 Dungeon of Pain
6-6 A Short Level (Secret Exit)
7-2 Desert Maze

In case I did misunderstand, I like to claim 7-2 "Desert Maze" first.

Since I am working also onto my project, I chose rather short ones :-P.
But I promise that I will do stady work (at least 1 level per week), as this shouldn't be too hard to do.
I already played the Invasion 2 again from start to end, to get back onto the tracks of oldschoolness ^^.
Yes, you can claim three levels at a time and you must finish those before you can claim another three.

Ace
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Ace » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:31 pm

a bit of an update on my level
Well, as you can see I'm not done yet. Over the past couple of weeks I've gotten around halfway through, but I've been very busy now that I'm nearing the end of the term. Since this is one of the most important terms if i want to get admitted into a good uni, I don't have much time to spare making levels. Once the break hits, I should be able to work faster.
Anyways, I'm gonna show a preview of what my ideas are for the level.
In the first invasion, there is a section where you have to break bricks using a shell. I put my own spin on that.
Spoiler: show
as you can see it's not very hard. If you understand smbx physics, you can see that all i need to do is drop it in the hole and pow. For the hardmode version of the level, I took a different approach.
You're not allowed to cross the section until the first shell hits the switch, then after that you have to find a clear path to the exit. In this case, the best way through is to go the area in the bottom center, and from there run to the pipe. I'm going to be expanding on this concept in the level. In the regular version, you'll be using shells in order to progress. In the hardmode version, the shells will become the obstacles in the level.
(don't worry about the smb3 block btw, i'll change it later. Although idk why you would worry about that.)

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:38 pm

Sorry the delay, i was busy with school. This is my level "Star Light Zone", based in sonic 1. I hope enjoy :)

Bigscreen ( If you don't like spoilers, not open! XD)
Download
https://www.sendspace.com/file/vpa3ir

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:17 pm

Ace wrote:a bit of an update on my level
Well, as you can see I'm not done yet. Over the past couple of weeks I've gotten around halfway through, but I've been very busy now that I'm nearing the end of the term. Since this is one of the most important terms if i want to get admitted into a good uni, I don't have much time to spare making levels. Once the break hits, I should be able to work faster.
Anyways, I'm gonna show a preview of what my ideas are for the level.
In the first invasion, there is a section where you have to break bricks using a shell. I put my own spin on that.
as you can see it's not very hard. If you understand smbx physics, you can see that all i need to do is drop it in the hole and pow. For the hardmode version of the level, I took a different approach.
You're not allowed to cross the section until the first shell hits the switch, then after that you have to find a clear path to the exit. In this case, the best way through is to go the area in the bottom center, and from there run to the pipe. I'm going to be expanding on this concept in the level. In the regular version, you'll be using shells in order to progress. In the hardmode version, the shells will become the obstacles in the level.
(don't worry about the smb3 block btw, i'll change it later. Although idk why you would worry about that.)
Looks great Ace! Good luck with school.
Shinbison-Kof wrote:Sorry the delay, i was busy with school. This is my level "Star Light Zone", based in sonic 1. I hope enjoy :)

Bigscreen ( If you don't like spoilers, not open! XD)
Download
https://www.sendspace.com/file/vpa3ir
It's perfect, thanks!

SuperMario7
Flurry
Flurry

Postby SuperMario7 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Could I please unclaim Dungeon of Roots? The level isn't really turning out how I wanted it to. Instead can I claim Go Go Goomba?

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:40 am

at the moment i can't claim levels, but when i can, i'll be fast

(school's eating my time)

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:43 am

Since DarkMecha isn't a Level Designer anymore, may I claim 1-4 if it's not already been made. And may I claim 3-B too?

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:07 pm

zlakergirl357 wrote:Since DarkMecha isn't a Level Designer anymore, may I claim 1-4 if it's not already been made. And may I claim 3-B too?
Finish Super Pipe Action Town and 1-4 and then you can claim three new levels. :)

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Postby ElTipsta » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:54 am

I've almost finished with The Great Fish Fiasco, but I would just like to clarify whether Koopa Coins are required in the Shadow Version of the level?

Sux
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Sux » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:00 am

I'm busy with my CC10 level. Due this, I'm not designing levels at moment...

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:27 pm

ElTipsta wrote:I've almost finished with The Great Fish Fiasco, but I would just like to clarify whether Koopa Coins are required in the Shadow Version of the level?
If you don't want to put Dragon Coins in the shadow place that's fine I suppose.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Valtteri wrote:
zlakergirl357 wrote:Since DarkMecha isn't a Level Designer anymore, may I claim 1-4 if it's not already been made. And may I claim 3-B too?
Finish Super Pipe Action Town and 1-4 and then you can claim three new levels. :)
But I claimed two levels so far though. Why can't I claim 3-B?

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:24 am

zlakergirl357 wrote:
Valtteri wrote:
But I claimed two levels so far though. Why can't I claim 3-B?
You claimed Painful Playland, Super Pipe Action Town and Floating Brick Niche and you've finished Painful Playland. You may claim more levels when you've finished all three levels you claimed previously. And I've actually kept poor track of that because I now recall you actually made that one bonus level for world 1 too and you're now making it into a world 3 bonus because world 1 has no bonus, so of course you can claim it.

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby ElTipsta » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:10 pm

So, I've finished TGFF. I'm not sure whether I've placed too many Cheep Cheeps in the second half, but I'm willing to make amendments where necessary.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/vfjyfx

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:59 pm

ElTipsta wrote:So, I've finished TGFF. I'm not sure whether I've placed too many Cheep Cheeps in the second half, but I'm willing to make amendments where necessary.
It looks amazing. Great job!

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby ElTipsta » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:28 am

Valtteri wrote:
ElTipsta wrote:So, I've finished TGFF. I'm not sure whether I've placed too many Cheep Cheeps in the second half, but I'm willing to make amendments where necessary.
It looks amazing. Great job!
Why thank you :) Providing there are no amendments to make, I would like to claim Sandy Ghosty Hammer Town in the desert world.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:23 pm

Here's a screen of 3-8. I decided to give the level a hidden Blue Switch. It's very similar to the one in The Invasion 2.

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:31 pm

Looks awesome, zlakergirl357! Keep up the good work.

SuperMario7
Flurry
Flurry

Postby SuperMario7 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:05 am

I've finished 6-2 Go Go Goomba: https://www.mediafire.com/?9f825s226p313ak

Sorry for my lack of progress lately, I've been busy doing other things. I'll claim another level soon.

Chad
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Chad » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:41 am

All right, gonna try and get back into this, hopefully. Gimme 5-7: Dungeon of Strange Happenings. Going to claim one at a time because I'm certainly not a fast designer. =P

I know that's a recurring level though, so how close does it need to be exactly? Does it need to have almost the same design and gimmicks, or can it be just a similar theme or progression?

Return to “The Invasion 3”