Claim Levels

The hidden forum for The Invasion 3 development discussion.
Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Claim Levels

Postby Valtteri » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:03 pm

What SuperMario7 said, but if it's a recurring level from The Invasion 2, use the same music as Invasion 2, which was always a default SMBX song because the game used no custom music.

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Postby ElTipsta » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:51 am

Okay, though I'm not sure that SMBX's default music will be sufficient enough to cover some of the more abstract themes in this episode, such as the space world, and perhaps, argubly, the lava world too. Could there be exceptions? Of course, if filesize is your concern, we could always use the 3-minute limit rule from the original plan.

[E: Don't worry. I found your clarification earlier in the thread.]

Anyway, I have started 'The Great Fish Fiasco' and here is a screenshot of the normal level. I have some ideas for the shadow realm.

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:39 am

ElTipsta wrote:Okay, though I'm not sure that SMBX's default music will be sufficient enough to cover some of the more abstract themes in this episode, such as the space world, and perhaps, argubly, the lava world too. Could there be exceptions? Of course, if filesize is your concern, we could always use the 3-minute limit rule from the original plan.

[E: Don't worry. I found your clarification earlier in the thread.]

Anyway, I have started 'The Great Fish Fiasco' and here is a screenshot of the normal level. I have some ideas for the shadow realm.

Yeah, you can use custom music for levels that aren't recurring from The Invasion 2. That includes every level in the mountain and space worlds. And the first few levels in Lava Lake. Fish Fiasco looks good!

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:15 pm

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:41 pm

zlakergirl357 wrote:Done with my level!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2puzn ... h6/5-6.zip
It's great! It doesn't have Waluigi like the original level but he's set to return in the lava world (13-4 Waluigi's Return).

Zephyr
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Zephyr » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Can I claim cliffs of insanity? I'm just going to do one at a time for now.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:58 am

Valtteri wrote:
zlakergirl357 wrote:Done with my level!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2puzn ... h6/5-6.zip
It's great! It doesn't have Waluigi like the original level but he's set to return in the lava world (13-4 Waluigi's Return).
Well I was aiming for it in the Shadow Realm, but I can change it if ya want :P

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:06 am

zlakergirl357 wrote:Well I was aiming for it in the Shadow Realm, but I can change it if ya want :P
No no, you can put Waluigi there if you want! It doesn't hurt to have him in two levels at all. :)

Sux
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Sux » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:11 pm

I come just say that I am not able to use the computer at the time, was not a week ago and probably will not be until the end of the month. I say this only if you to be surprised with my inactivity. Thank you for understanding!

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:07 pm

Well, this is a big screen of my level, i need fix somethings, and this is 3/4 of level + -
Sorry of the delay in send my level, because I'm doing tests in my school...(sorry my english XD)
Spoiler: show
Last edited by Shinbison-Kof on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Shinbison-Kof wrote:Well, this is a big screen of my level, i need fix somethings, and this is 3/4 of level + -
Sorry of the delay in send my level, because I'm doing tests in my school...(sorry my english XD)
Spoiler: show
Looks amazing, keep up the good work! :)

Chad
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Chad » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:31 am

All right, finally got motivated enough to do 3-2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gvb1v ... y+Down.zip

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it, as I don't think I'm quite used to making more simplistic almost-vanilla levels anymore. Something feels off about it, but I can't place what. I can always go back and tweak things I suppose, but for now I think it's all right.

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:31 am

Chad wrote:All right, finally got motivated enough to do 3-2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gvb1v ... y+Down.zip

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it, as I don't think I'm quite used to making more simplistic almost-vanilla levels anymore. Something feels off about it, but I can't place what. I can always go back and tweak things I suppose, but for now I think it's all right.
It's great, don't worry. I think the different color trees are weird though. Probably because SMB2 never used the two other colors except for vines.

Lx Xzit
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Lx Xzit » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:35 pm

Can I claim 9-5 Lakitu warzone? Also I'll send 1-4 Floating Brick Niche soon!

Chad
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Chad » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Valtteri wrote:It's great, don't worry. I think the different color trees are weird though. Probably because SMB2 never used the two other colors except for vines.
Thanks! The trees are a simple fix, and it's an opportunity to put in some screen-changing events in the first section that I forgot about. =P http://www.mediafire.com/download/321nr ... 3-2+v2.zip

Also, Painful Playland seems to be unfinishable. The last potion layer can only be triggered by the axe layer, but because both layers are assigned to the same event, nothing actually triggers the axes. Once you take the second door in Section 5, you're stuck. I've also noticed that if the player ends up on the ground beneath the black ? switch in Section 4, there's no way back up unless you're Luigi or keep the Buzzy Beetle alive to bounce off of.

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Postby ElTipsta » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:58 pm

Can anyone give me some advice on how long I should have 'The Great Fish Fiasco?' I'm not too sure how long I should make the level as SMB1 and the original Invasion weren't that long, however this level already appears midgame in the project so yeah

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:43 pm

ElTipsta wrote:Can anyone give me some advice on how long I should have 'The Great Fish Fiasco?' I'm not too sure how long I should make the level as SMB1 and the original Invasion weren't that long, however this level already appears midgame in the project so yeah
Difficulty and length shouldn't correlate. Make it around as long as the original level please.

Chad
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Chad » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:28 am

Okay, 1-5's done. I think this is the first level I've made in years that only took me a couple of hours. I kind of miss it. =P http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8sr9 ... letics.zip

I think I'm going to refrain from claiming anything else at the moment. I want to get something done for CC10, and after that I'll probably just claim one level at a time because I'm not exactly the fastest worker.

Also, I noticed that there's no Dungeon of Pain this time around. I'm assuming that Very Old Ruins is its replacement, but the good ol' classic "Dungeon of This and That" series isn't the same without it. I figure it could just be 1-7 or something, right?

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:41 am

Chad wrote:Okay, 1-5's done. I think this is the first level I've made in years that only took me a couple of hours. I kind of miss it. =P http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8sr9 ... letics.zip

I think I'm going to refrain from claiming anything else at the moment. I want to get something done for CC10, and after that I'll probably just claim one level at a time because I'm not exactly the fastest worker.

Also, I noticed that there's no Dungeon of Pain this time around. I'm assuming that Very Old Ruins is its replacement, but the good ol' classic "Dungeon of This and That" series isn't the same without it. I figure it could just be 1-7 or something, right?
That's a good level. Oh and Dungeon of Pain is supposed to be there, I must have accidentally omitted it from the levels list. It's there now. :P

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:59 pm

If I did understand the TP correct, then we can claim 3 levels at the same time?

I have taken a look through all the existing and still free level-slots, and I found the three most interesting to do-levels for me, which are as follows:

1-7 Dungeon of Pain
6-6 A Short Level (Secret Exit)
7-2 Desert Maze

In case I did misunderstand, I like to claim 7-2 "Desert Maze" first.

Since I am working also onto my project, I chose rather short ones :-P.
But I promise that I will do stady work (at least 1 level per week), as this shouldn't be too hard to do.
I already played the Invasion 2 again from start to end, to get back onto the tracks of oldschoolness ^^.

Return to “The Invasion 3”