Are you interested in Mafia? (Poll) (Reset Jan 11, 2017)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

Are you interested in Mafia? (Poll) (Reset Jan. 11, 2017)

I may be interested in the future.
25%
I am interested.
70%
I am no longer interested.
No votes
I am not interested.
5%

Total votes: 40
zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Are you interested in Mafia? (Poll)

Postby zioy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Or just force a game master onto all channels before allowing them to regulate and ban dead players

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:35 pm

KoolKat wrote:Or just force a game master onto all channels before allowing them to regulate and ban dead players
You fail to realize that the things you keep suggesting are more trouble than they are worth.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:06 pm

I realize it but tbh disallowing secret channels isn't gonna work.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:10 pm

We're not disallowing secret channels, we're simply saying that releasing info from those channels (just like releasing info sent by PM, query, etc.) is fair game.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Joey wrote:We're not disallowing secret channels, we're simply saying that releasing info from those channels (just like releasing info sent by PM, query, etc.) is fair game.
Of course, faking it is fair game as well.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Joey wrote:We're not disallowing secret channels, we're simply saying that releasing info from those channels (just like releasing info sent by PM, query, etc.) is fair game.
I know, I was just saying that IRC based mafia discussion about game strategies and roles for the current game is hard to regulate and thus should just be outright disallowed.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:30 am

Disallowing IRC discussion seems like a silly idea to me. For one thing, it's pretty much completely unenforceable, since even if you banned such discussion on starnet people would just set up a channel somewhere else. Also, being able to chat in real time is incredibly valuable especially for alliances that involve more than two people.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:08 am

We wouldn't be able to disallow IRC discussion and we aren't doing that anyway.

People can also, y'know, just follow the rules and not ruin the game for other players. Seems like common sense to me.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:47 pm

@Pseudo and Joey

Yeah, I suppose that's true as well. I dunno, I just felt that regulating the IRC in terms of mafia is hard, but I guess there is no real way to regulate this. I suppose it is better to encourage common sense with this.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:56 pm

How is a third party teaming up with a townie to kill off the mafia rigging the game

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:25 pm

I guess because the townie is working with a team who the town is AGAINST.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:22 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:I guess because the townie is working with a team who the town is AGAINST.
Sometimes coordinations between TP and town/mafia are possible (e. g. A fool that doesn't end the game could work together with the Mafia), but in the case right now it's impossible that both parties win. That's why, as a townie, Blue shouldn't work together with TP and definitely not claim his role.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:47 am

Nickname wrote:
Zeldamaster12 wrote:I guess because the townie is working with a team who the town is AGAINST.
Sometimes coordinations between TP and town/mafia are possible (e. g. A fool that doesn't end the game could work together with the Mafia), but in the case right now it's impossible that both parties win. That's why, as a townie, Blue shouldn't work together with TP and definitely not claim his role.
We were trying to kill the mafia first.

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:49 am

Why are the rules so strict with who I can team up with who I can't? A third party is neutral, he can help the town, but he can still win. And why are people stilling thinking I was trying to rig the game STOP THINKING THAT AND MOVE ON ALREADY.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:02 am

Blue Bomber wrote:Why are the rules so strict with who I can team up with who I can't? A third party is neutral, he can help the town, but he can still win. And why are people stilling thinking I was trying to rig the game STOP THINKING THAT AND MOVE ON ALREADY.
Because in the long shot, one of you HAS to kill the other ones to win. You and the TP can't win together, so teaming up would be a bad idea.

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:07 am

Nickname wrote:
Blue Bomber wrote:Why are the rules so strict with who I can team up with who I can't? A third party is neutral, he can help the town, but he can still win. And why are people stilling thinking I was trying to rig the game STOP THINKING THAT AND MOVE ON ALREADY.
Because in the long shot, one of you HAS to kill the other ones to win. You and the TP can't win together, so teaming up would be a bad idea.
Well then you don't know how to play Mafia, and so does most of the town this game apparently. Teaming up doesn't mean I'm rigging the game and breaking the rules, it means creating temporary alliances to win the game.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor

Postby underFlo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:37 am

Blue Bomber wrote:
Nickname wrote:
Well then you don't know how to play Mafia, and so does most of the town this game apparently. Teaming up doesn't mean I'm rigging the game and breaking the rules, it means creating temporary alliances to win the game.
"EVERYONE IS WRONG BUT ME"

I never talked about rigging the game in tha tpost. It's just toxic for you and every other townie in the alliance, since then the TP know all of you and the other twonies' roles. Alliances without any proof for everyone in there being innocent are stupid (if there are doubts you shouldn't claim), and even though we don't need to kill the TPs, that doesn't mean we should team up, since they have to kill us.

Also if you willingly do an alliance with the TPs it's pretty similar to rigging the game. Don't you think there's a reason you're no longer a GM?

Edit: ...rsly, you downrepped me for that? Oh wait, not even for that, but for "rubbing iunto your face that you always die D1"... I'm not rubbing anything into your face, that'd be like "OLOLOLOLOLOL YOU DIED D1 HAHAHAHAHA", I'm giving reasons as to why.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:08 am

Blue Bomber wrote: Well then you don't know how to play Mafia
You're being arrogant.
By the way, if I am a third party and I team up with you and you are a townie, I'd just get all the infos you got and then killing you. Or just kill you before you leak my role.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:08 am

Blue, can you stop already?

There are reasons why you only live to day 1, stop being so stubborn. I understand you were trying to get rid of the Mafia first, but alliances like that will not work.

As PPX said, there is a reason you aren't a GM anymore, and that's because you're overreactive and hypocritical (read qig's signature for an example).

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:35 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Blue, can you stop already?

There are reasons why you only live to day 1, stop being so stubborn. I understand you were trying to get rid of the Mafia first, but alliances like that will not work.

As PPX said, there is a reason you aren't a GM anymore, and that's because you're overreactive and hypocritical (read qig's signature for an example).
First, everyone else should stop, too. I'm done arguing and I'm done playing, too.

Return to “Mafia”