Are you interested in Mafia? (Poll) (Reset Jan 11, 2017)

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

Are you interested in Mafia? (Poll) (Reset Jan. 11, 2017)

I may be interested in the future.
25%
I am interested.
70%
I am no longer interested.
No votes
I am not interested.
5%

Total votes: 40
zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Are you interested in Mafia? (Poll)

Postby zioy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Christian07 wrote:So go ahead and drop #dirt.
That's very ignorant of you.
First off, you reveal the name of a channel that's supposed to be secret.

Second, #dirt is literally a channel for dead players to talk and also when we're alive we make speculations about the game.

Third, the whole "rig the game" thing is really a fluke. In M5, we were all town, so we used it to try and figure out the Mafia while we were still alive. In M6, two of us were Mafia and the others were town/third parties. That time, the Mafia used #mfa and the rioters used #rioterchat, and nobody even used the channel as they were off talking with their own in-game factions. We didn't even try to force any particular outcome. Sure, I told members of it my role, and they told me theirs, but the only thing we did to "rig the game" at all is not lynch each other despite knowing our roles, but we even admitted that we were planning to lynch each other at the first sign of public evidence.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Can personally confirm that #dirt was never used to rig the game.

But honestly, please stop revealing secret channel names. I say this as a person, not a moderator. It's just not cool.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Basically what KoolKat said. I don't even see how it's rigging the game. Like I've said multiple times, alliances are not forbidden in Mafia. It's called strategy. If players want to reveal their roles to each other, then so be it, but that's not against the rules. So, can you guys please stop saying that we're trying to rig the game, because we're not.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:12 pm

I apologize for mentioning your secret channels. But I have a thing to say about it.

First off, I found your secret channel by just seeing KoolKat's whois one time in IRC and I did the same with your old secret channel (I didn't ever spoiled this one, tough). That means a mafia can arrive in the channel every time in your channel. I wouldn't use a secret channel for your alliance, or, at least, keep up more my attention.
Blue Bomber wrote:No, that will be used for future games as place to discuss Mafia and anything in general.
Isn't #smbxgames used for mafia discussion?
KoolKat wrote:Third, the whole "rig the game" thing is really a fluke.
I wasn't talking about it.
KoolKat wrote:In M5, we were all town, so we used it to try and figure out the Mafia while we were still alive.
OKay. But why are you guys still using it? Your alliance was finished when M5 was finished, yet you still have that alliance. Why?
Zeldamaster12 wrote:Basically what KoolKat said. I don't even see how it's rigging the game. Like I've said multiple times, alliances are not forbidden in Mafia. It's called strategy. If players want to reveal their roles to each other, then so be it, but that's not against the rules. So, can you guys please stop saying that we're trying to rig the game, because we're not.
As I said before, I wasn't talking about it, not even the others.

And about this channel, it created a flame war, at least from what I've heard. Some of you guys said "no we weren't trying to rig the game", so now I'd like to know what's this.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:00 pm

Responses in aqua-teal-whatever-blue
Christian07 wrote:I apologize for mentioning your secret channels. But I have a thing to say about it.

First off, I found your secret channel by just seeing KoolKat's whois one time in IRC and I did the same with your old secret channel (I didn't ever spoiled this one, tough). That means a mafia can arrive in the channel every time in your channel. I wouldn't use a secret channel for your alliance, or, at least, keep up more my attention.
Blue Bomber wrote:No, that will be used for future games as place to discuss Mafia and anything in general.

Because publicly revealing your roles and strategies is totally a good idea!!!!! [/sarcasm]
KoolKat wrote:In M5, we were all town, so we used it to try and figure out the Mafia while we were still alive.
OKay. But why are you guys still using it? Your alliance was finished when M5 was finished, yet you still have that alliance. Why?

There are these things called friends. Do you have any?
Zeldamaster12 wrote:Basically what KoolKat said. I don't even see how it's rigging the game. Like I've said multiple times, alliances are not forbidden in Mafia. It's called strategy. If players want to reveal their roles to each other, then so be it, but that's not against the rules. So, can you guys please stop saying that we're trying to rig the game, because we're not.

And about this channel, it created a flame war, at least from what I've heard. Some of you guys said "no we weren't trying to rig the game", so now I'd like to know what's this.

We were bored and wanted somebody to talk to about the game. It didn't cause a flame war at all. It caused an argument, sure, but it never caused a FLAME war. Learn the difference before trying to nose into things that don't concern you.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:17 pm

First off, NEVER TRUST YOUR FRIENDS.

I learned this in M2 when Bomber57 was godfather. Once again in M4 when zlaker conspired with the mafia even though he was a townsperson. Never trust your friends in mafia.
Last edited by TLtimelord on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:18 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:First off, NEVER TRUST YOUR FRIENDS.

I learned this in M2 when Bomber57 was godfather. Once again in M5 when zlaker (?) conspired with the mafia even though he was a townsperson. Never trust your friends in mafia.
Don't you mean Nien, not zlaker?

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:19 pm

KoolKat wrote:

I learned this in M2 when Bomber57 was godfather. Once again in M5 when zlaker (?) conspired with the mafia even though he was a townsperson. Never trust your friends in mafia.
I meant M4.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:20 pm

TNTtimelord wrote: I meant M4.
Ah, OK.

And yeah, trusting your friends isn't the best idea but sometimes it helps

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:21 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:
KoolKat wrote:

I meant M4.
I never did that.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:47 pm

red replies cause why not
Christian07 wrote:
Spoiler: show
I apologize for mentioning your secret channels. But I have a thing to say about it.

Because publicly revealing your roles and strategies is totally a good idea!!!!! [/sarcasm]
Next time I'll use the underline for give a reply about a part of one phrase

There are these things called friends. Do you have any?
This is mafia and you can't trust to anyone

We were bored and wanted somebody to talk to about the game. It didn't cause a flame war at all. It caused an argument, sure, but it never caused a FLAME war. Learn the difference before trying to nose into things that don't concern you.
forgot to say "correct me if I'm wrong". Anyways, would like to see the truth about that thing.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:53 pm

Christian07 wrote:This is mafia and you can't trust to anyone
You asked why we used it after the game ended

Because we're friends, that's why.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:16 pm

9. Talking to dead players is prohibited. Likewise, dead players are not allowed to release any information about the game (their role, others' roles, etc.) until it is over.
Also, revealing secret channels is fair game.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:47 pm

I understand that revealing secret channels is fair game, but revealing them while a game isn't currently happening is a bit of a dick move. All it means is that the channel is going to move somewhere else, anyhow.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Joey wrote:
9. Talking to dead players is prohibited. Likewise, dead players are not allowed to release any information about the game (their role, others' roles, etc.) until it is over.
Also, revealing secret channels is fair game.
We only used it for dead players to talk to other dead players. There was a separate channel for alive players to talk to alive players.

We muted dead players on the alive channel and vice versa

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:36 pm

KoolKat wrote:and vice versa
Dead players can't talk about the game at all, but especially not when there are alive players in that room.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Joey wrote:
KoolKat wrote:and vice versa
Dead players can't talk about the game at all, but especially not when there are alive players in that room.
We don't actually. I said that with the wrong wording. There was a separate channel for alive and dead, with +I enabled so we did not talk to each other or even know what the others were talking about.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:36 pm

This issue with secret chatrooms and the fact that we have to regulate whether dead players are talking to living ones on the IRC (an almost impossible feat) is why I would like to see that we hold no discussion relevant to the current game (being plotting, chats, etc.) going on.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:38 pm

Bomber57 wrote:This issue with secret chatrooms and the fact that we have to regulate whether dead players are talking to living ones on the IRC (an almost impossible feat) is why I would like to see that we hold no discussion relevant to the current game (being plotting, chats, etc.) going on.
/whois helps regulate this.

Bomber57
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg

Postby Bomber57 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:39 pm

KoolKat wrote:
Bomber57 wrote:This issue with secret chatrooms and the fact that we have to regulate whether dead players are talking to living ones on the IRC (an almost impossible feat) is why I would like to see that we hold no discussion relevant to the current game (being plotting, chats, etc.) going on.
/whois helps regulate this.
Not really, considering people can just keep making more chat rooms or even talk through other IRC networks. It's best we just ban game-relevant mafia discussion on the IRC.

Return to “Mafia”