***Forum Update DONE***

This is the place to post your own levels.
DarkMatt
Banned

***Forum Update DONE***

Postby DarkMatt » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:50 pm

Hey kiddos. Right now me and the staff are currently remodeling the Levels forums. Some things might not work, you might be unable to post threads here, and some threads might go poof. When we're done, we'll let you know in probably an announcement.

If you have any questions, ask away here.

At some point one of the things I forgot to do is officially announce the update being completed. Oops. Oh well, at least it's something we can safely ignore.

So yeah, level forums is shinier now, blah blah blah, everyone has already gotten used to it, so on so forth. Enjoy.

XerX
Foo
Foo

Re: ***Forum Update in Progress***

Postby XerX » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:15 am

Are you removing the sorted levels thing?

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:17 am

XerX wrote:Are you removing the sorted levels thing?
Ratings subforums will stay, but Casual Levels won't be sorted into them.

Furthermore, I hope to make a new subforum for old neglected levels so that we can at least keep the front page at a page instead of 5+ pages.

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:28 pm

DarkMatt wrote:Furthermore, I hope to make a new subforum for old neglected levels so that we can at least keep the front page at a page instead of 5+ pages.
This sounds like a great idea and I hope to see this implemented. And if it ever is added, perhaps encourage - or even force - the level judges to only review levels from that sub-forum? This will make to it where the Levels forum can become more organized and level judges aren't only reviewing newer levels and ignoring older levels.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:17 pm

Will it get more work done in rating and reviewing the levels? The judges seem to laze around in my opinion, haven't seen much work done.

Marina
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Postby Marina » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:38 pm

Kep wrote:And if it ever is added, perhaps encourage - or even force - the level judges to only review levels from that sub-forum? This will make to it where the Levels forum can become more organized and level judges aren't only reviewing newer levels and ignoring older levels.
That's actually the plan. Levels in the "Serious" subforum are there to be rated and reviewed, levels in the "Casual" subforum are just to show the levels of, talk about them, maybe give the creator tips, but not actually rate them.

8bitmushroom wrote:Will it get more work done in rating and reviewing the levels? The judges seem to laze around in my opinion, haven't seen much work done.
We apologize for this, all of us are incredibly busy with school, work and other stuff right now. We try to review as often as possible, but if we don't have time we just don't have the time. That's also why we allow user reviews now, but the users just seem to be equally un-keen on reviewing levels. We're still discussing every review someone sends us, you just don't see much of it in the public, so it might come off as if we're "lazing around"

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:04 pm

Kep wrote:perhaps encourage - or even force - the level judges to only review levels from that sub-forum?
Then the subforum would turn into the forum that the judges review from, rendering moving the topics to it pointless.

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:30 pm

What's the point of this forum if you can't post joke levels? that's pretty pointless to me.

Marina
Cecil
Cecil

Postby Marina » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Superiorstar wrote:What's the point of this forum if you can't post joke levels? that's pretty pointless to me.
What's the point of joke levels in the first place?

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:36 pm

GLuigiX wrote:
Superiorstar wrote:What's the point of this forum if you can't post joke levels? that's pretty pointless to me.
What's the point of joke levels in the first place?
They make people la-
Wait, they don't anymore.

Honestly, though, even if they are pretty pointless, they shouldn't be stuck in the Levels board because that's like an automatic trashcan for them, so I think you should be able to post them in Casual Levels since levels there don't get moved and are made for fun (which technically, if you think about, joke levels are made for fun).

Marina
Cecil
Cecil

Postby Marina » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Kep wrote:Honestly, though, even if they are pretty pointless, they shouldn't be stuck in the Levels board because that's like an automatic trashcan for them, so I think you should be able to post them in Casual Levels since levels there don't get moved and are made for fun (which technically, if you think about, joke levels are made for fun).

Yeah, that's what I had in mind too. Joke levels are hard to rate anyways bc 90% of the time they're literal crap.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Joke levels are not going to be allowed, sorry.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Postby zioy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:35 pm

There needs to be a separate subforum for joke levels, then.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:56 pm

Kep wrote:Honestly, though, even if they are pretty pointless, they shouldn't be stuck in the Levels board because that's like an automatic trashcan for them, so I think you should be able to post them in Casual Levels since levels there don't get moved and are made for fun (which technically, if you think about, joke levels are made for fun).
I have seen people talk about Block Bollocks and that's it for "joke" levels being of any value. This is more due to the problem with other users emulating the concept and generally making it much much worse than it already was. I didn't have people throwing up joke crap in Casual Levels in mind, but I suppose if people can prove it's not a 100% waste of time, then it's easy enough to lift the ban.

Good luck, though. Most of the community frowns at the sight of a joke level anyway, and personally I would take them just shitposting in general over a purposefully unfun level passed off as "comedy".

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:00 pm

Like I stated before, I think that maybe there should be a joke level subforum underneath the Casual Level subforum, or just a separate Joke Level Subforum.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:04 pm

And it'll be a subforum nobody goes to because they know what to expect and they know to read something better.
(I guess if you want to have a subforum full of jerks, then, hey, I'd love to see who would dare to post in there.)
Joey wrote:Joke levels are not going to be allowed, sorry.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:06 pm

DarkMatt wrote:And it'll be a subforum nobody goes to because they know what to expect and they know to do something better.
Joey wrote:Joke levels are not going to be allowed, sorry.
tbh I'd go to such a subforum.

The thing is that people have started stereotyping joke levels to "Block Bollocks" levels, when in reality, there are good joke levels out there. Examples are levels from VoR, and ElTipsa's levels with funny names, and more.
However, Joke Levels I have seen are basically
LJ wrote:Joke level
0/10
Trashcan

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Allowing joke levels would be essentially the same thing as allowing forum games.

We're not going to do it.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Joey wrote:Allowing joke levels would be essentially the same thing as allowing forum games.

We're not going to do it.
OK. Although we are still allowed to post them, but they don't get their own subforum, correct?
If so, then judges, please don't instant 0/10 because it's a joke level. Seriously.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:18 pm

KoolKat wrote:Although we are still allowed to post them
How did you get this from "joke levels are forbidden"? Forbidden is not a word that means "openly allow and encourage".

Return to “Levels”