***Forum Update DONE***

This is the place to post your own levels.
XerX
Foo
Foo

Re: ***Forum Update in Progress***

Postby XerX » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:20 pm

Joey wrote:Allowing joke levels would be essentially the same thing as allowing forum games.

We're not going to do it.
Spoiler: show
Just kidding. Thank god though. Seeing so many of those levels popping up, I was starting to lose whatever hope I had seen for this community vanish!

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:56 pm

GLuigiX wrote:
8bitmushroom wrote:Will it get more work done in rating and reviewing the levels? The judges seem to laze around in my opinion, haven't seen much work done.
We apologize for this, all of us are incredibly busy with school, work and other stuff right now. We try to review as often as possible, but if we don't have time we just don't have the time. That's also why we allow user reviews now, but the users just seem to be equally un-keen on reviewing levels. We're still discussing every review someone sends us, you just don't see much of it in the public, so it might come off as if we're "lazing around"
Yes I get that but there is a thing called weekends and after-school and whatnot. If you still can't manage to find time to review at least one level in the span of a single hour at least twice per week, then I honestly can't say that you're fit for the job. There are a lot of levels that need reviewing.
DarkMatt wrote:(I guess if you want to have a subforum full of jerks, then, hey, I'd love to see who would dare to post in there.)
I'd post there.
Joey wrote:Allowing joke levels would be essentially the same thing as allowing forum games.

We're not going to do it.
I still don't get why you have a big problem with forum games, they've never hurt any forum. Unless they have and you'd like to show me what forum in question along with your reason as to how the forum got hurt by the forum games, I'd love to hear your feedback on it.

Also how does allowing joke levels and allowing forum games correlate with each other?

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:17 am

They don't correlate. I was comparing the two because they both promote stupidity.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:02 pm

So does most of anything, so your excuse is null pretty much.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:15 pm

I'm not saying I disagree but as a friend I would suggest starting a different topic for "nag Joey"

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Postby zioy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:59 pm

DarkMatt wrote:
KoolKat wrote:Although we are still allowed to post them
How did you get this from "joke levels are forbidden"? Forbidden is not a word that means "openly allow and encourage".
I was under the impression that joke levels were forbidden from the Casual section but not the whole board.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Blck_Guy

Postby Blck_Guy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:00 am

What is the "Causal Levels" forum for?

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:09 am

Blck_Guy wrote:What is the "Causal Levels" forum for?
Making a Level just for Fun actually. Oh and here are the rules directed to Casual Forum: http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... =81&t=5914

Blck_Guy

Postby Blck_Guy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:24 am

bossedit8 wrote:
Blck_Guy wrote:What is the "Causal Levels" forum for?
Making a Level just for Fun actually. Oh and here are the rules directed to Casual Forum: http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... =81&t=5914

Yeah I read the rules before even posting here, that's why I asked the question. :)

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:29 am

Yep, I don't support a joke levels subforum either. It'll just encourage more people to make joke levels and it'll cause a repeat of when everyone was making joke levels back in summer, and we're going to see more joke levels than serious levels. This will cause the community as a whole to get worse at level design and it might, in the most extreme of cases, cause an elite designer like Kyo or Chad to make a joke level.

And if more and more people do the same kind of joke level (here, Block Bollocks) it isn't going to get funny anymore. The reason no-one likes Block Bollocks now is because everyone was doing it - a trend that was accidentally started by KoolKat's Lock Lollipops level and how it happened to coincide with the moment I was putting joke levels in the TGCA remake.

Marina
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Postby Marina » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:45 am

castlewars wrote:It'll just encourage more people to make joke levels and it'll cause a repeat of when everyone was making joke levels back in summer, and we're going to see more joke levels than serious levels. This will cause the community as a whole to get worse at level design and it might, in the most extreme of cases, cause an elite designer like Kyo or Chad to make a joke level.
I'm sorry but what? xD I get what you're saying and you're definitely right that some people would just go along and make stupid joke levels, but that doesn't apply to people who actually have a bit of brain in their head, especially not people like Kyo or Chad. I will eat zlakerboy357 alive before the day comes that Kyo makes a joke level, seriously.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:40 pm

Joey wrote:Joke levels are not going to be allowed, sorry.
This is final. No more joke levels in this forum. Period.

By joke level I mean levels like Cool Hills. Levels with joke gimmicks like Valtteri's Bladder or Valtteri's Fortstress are fine. We are looking for QUALITY based levels.

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:41 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:

By joke level I mean levels like Cool Hills. Levels with joke gimmicks like Valtteri's Bladder or Valtteri's Fortstress are fine.
That's what we wanted to hear. :mrgreen:

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:43 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:

By joke level I mean levels like Cool Hills. Levels with joke gimmicks like Valtteri's Bladder or Valtteri's Fortstress are fine. We are looking for QUALITY based levels.

So are levels like Cheezburger Hillz allowed?

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:51 pm

I think you can answer that yourself. Is it a QUALITY based level with satire gimmicks? Does it seem at least intended?

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:21 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:I think you can answer that yourself. Is it a QUALITY based level with satire gimmicks? Does it seem at least intended?
My level, Cheezburger Hillz, is about as on-the-line as it gets. The design in the level could TECHNICALLY be serious, but the custom graphics make even the gameplay satirical.

However, it has decent gameplay so I'll assume yes.
Last edited by zioy on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:29 pm

KoolKat wrote:The design in the level could TECHNICALLY be a serious level
This is not the definition of "serious" we're using.

Are you interested in getting serious not-friendly feedback on whatever it is you made? If no, then it goes into Casual Levels.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:32 pm

DarkMatt wrote:
KoolKat wrote:The design in the level could TECHNICALLY be a serious level
This is not the definition of "serious" we're using.

Are you interested in getting serious not-friendly feedback on whatever it is you made? If no, then it goes into Casual Levels.
I finally understand why joke levels aren't allowed in Casual now, and it's not from this post either.

People would abuse the forum, although joke levels are technically made for fun either way.

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:41 pm

KoolKat wrote:I finally understand why joke levels aren't allowed in Casual now, and it's not from this post either.

People would abuse the forum,
Exactly.

Knowing this community, there's got to be A baseline, no matter how low.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:02 am

KoolKat wrote:
TNTtimelord wrote:I think you can answer that yourself. Is it a QUALITY based level with satire gimmicks? Does it seem at least intended?
My level, Cheezburger Hillz, is about as on-the-line as it gets. The design in the level could TECHNICALLY be serious, but the custom graphics make even the gameplay satirical.

However, it has decent gameplay so I'll assume yes.
Yeah. Agreed. If you make a serious level then it's serious enough, but what happens if you start putting in silly joke graphics that affect the appearance but not the gameplay? The level should still be allowed because it is technically a serious level.

Return to “Levels”