Invasion way 2 hard by Imaynotbehere4long

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
glitch4
Banned

Invasion way 2 hard by Imaynotbehere4long

Postby glitch4 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:32 am

Imaynotbehere4long made this episode. This was found on other forums (2013) before they went merged.

This is the Invasion 2, except IT'S IN KAIZO VERSION (excited?). It has the same overworld, though. IDK why he do it, but oh well.

If you get ragequits with this, consult a doctor so he may find it out what's wrong with it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ks4q ... 2_hard.zip
Last edited by glitch4 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Re: Invasion way 2 hard (by unknown user(I didn't made this)

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:54 am

Oh yeah, I remember this. It looks pretty silly and seems to add difficulty in rather uncreative ways, like replacing the contents of those ? blocks with enemies. There are better ways off adding difficulty than doubling the enemy count, but whatever. It's a nice concept anyways.

Dash

Postby Dash » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:47 pm

The link doesn't works.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:49 pm

^
Redigit made the original version of the Invasion 2, but this ultra-difficult version was made by some other guy based on the original. I don't thick whoever it was did anything notable besides making this episode.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:03 am

Dash wrote:The link doesn't works.
Yeah. The link is broken. It says something about you needing an account to download the episode. Update it on something like Mediafire and it should work.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:30 pm

Looks like you use other browsers other tahn chrome or whatever. I'll fix that.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:04 am

GLD4 wrote:Looks like you use other browsers other tahn chrome or whatever. I'll fix that.
I don't think you've fixed it yet. I wouldn't upload it to Dropbox if I were you either. Try Mediafire.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby AirSeus » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:15 am

Pseudo-dino wrote:Oh yeah, I remember this. It looks pretty silly and seems to add difficulty in rather uncreative ways, like replacing the contents of those ? blocks with enemies. There are better ways off adding difficulty than doubling the enemy count, but whatever. It's a nice concept anyways.
Yes, agreed
castlewars wrote:
GLD4 wrote:Looks like you use other browsers other tahn chrome or whatever. I'll fix that.
I don't think you've fixed it yet. I wouldn't upload it to Dropbox if I were you either. Try Mediafire.
Why not SendSpace? All you do is drag and drop.

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:04 am

Dropbox links work fine but you used the wrong one bc even when you signed in it doesn't do anything.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:16 am

AirSeus wrote:Why not SendSpace? All you do is drag and drop.
It's a general rule that you shouldn't use Sendspace when you're uploading entire episodes. That's because if the link hasn't been clicked for a month, the file auto-deletes itself, and has to be reuploaded.
CaptainSyrup wrote:Dropbox links work fine but you used the wrong one bc even when you signed in it doesn't do anything.
Nope. I clicked the one here and it says that you have to sign in. It's a rule that you're not allowed to use sites like 4shared that require accounts in order to download.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:13 pm

fucking dropbox

Anyway, the link is fixed to Mediafire one. i hope you enjoy this now

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Sorry for late reply as I was engrossed in other things, both SMBX and non-SMBX. I did play through that episode, and oh boy is it uber hard. I had to cheat my way through that ice level by using a Super Leaf despite the fact that I hadn't got them yet, and the lava in that level makes one jump a pain to make that I have to use ahippinandahoppin to get past it.

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:20 pm

Okay, I just noticed this...here goes:
Pseudo-dino wrote:I don't thick whoever it was did anything notable besides making this episode.
I made this episode; in fact, I still have the original download link for it (not that it matters since GLD4 re-uploaded it for some reason). This is the first episode I ever made, which is why it sucks, and the reason I made it was basically because I was disappointed that The Invasion 2 was just a redesign of The Invasion 1, and I thought "If Redigit can redesign something and call it a sequel, why can't I?" I actually spent two years making redesigning The Invasion 2 (I released my redesign on June 20, 2012), and during that time, I slowly learned how SMBX worked, and by the time I finished the episode, I had enough knowledge of SMBX to be able to make Tunnel 7. When Knux's forum crashed in 2013, I didn't re-upload this episode because, again, it sucked, and I didn't quite realize how much it sucked until after I released it. I remember that Joey was the first person to comment on my episode, and he disliked the episode so much, he locked the thread. After some time, the thread was unlocked, and the backlash came pouring in (but they liked the intro).

Fun Fact: I actually managed to beat every single level in this episode, normal and secret exits, without cheating (except for three*), mainly because I didn't know that SMBX even had cheats at that time, but also because I always wanted to test my levels to make sure they were possible (some levels actually got toned down, if you can believe that).

*For the three levels I never beat normally, I still moved the player start location to where I died last so I could continue testing the level. Also, these three levels are at the end of the episode(Star, Level49, and Level50), so you don't have an excuse for cheating so close to the beginning. After all, this is meant to be really hard (but not Kaizo Mario World hard, at least not at the beginning), so if you can't beat the first world without cheating, this episode isn't for you.

Fun Fact 2: I thought everyone forgot about this episode, so I re-purposed Star for my SMWCX level.

Please don't down-vote me for this.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:12 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Okay, I just noticed this...here goes:
Pseudo-dino wrote:I don't thick whoever it was did anything notable besides making this episode.
I made this episode; in fact, I still have the original download link for it (not that it matters since GLD4 re-uploaded it for some reason). This is the first episode I ever made, which is why it sucks, and the reason I made it was basically because I was disappointed that The Invasion 2 was just a redesign of The Invasion 1, and I thought "If Redigit can redesign something and call it a sequel, why can't I?" I actually spent two years making redesigning The Invasion 2 (I released my redesign on June 20, 2012), and during that time, I slowly learned how SMBX worked, and by the time I finished the episode, I had enough knowledge of SMBX to be able to make Tunnel 7. When Knux's forum crashed in 2013, I didn't re-upload this episode because, again, it sucked, and I didn't quite realize how much it sucked until after I released it. I remember that Joey was the first person to comment on my episode, and he disliked the episode so much, he locked the thread. After some time, the thread was unlocked, and the backlash came pouring in (but they liked the intro).

Fun Fact: I actually managed to beat every single level in this episode, normal and secret exits, without cheating (except for three*), mainly because I didn't know that SMBX even had cheats at that time, but also because I always wanted to test my levels to make sure they were possible (some levels actually got toned down, if you can believe that).

*For the three levels I never beat normally, I still moved the player start location to where I died last so I could continue testing the level. Also, these three levels are at the end of the episode(Star, Level49, and Level50), so you don't have an excuse for cheating so close to the beginning. After all, this is meant to be really hard (but not Kaizo Mario World hard, at least not at the beginning), so if you can't beat the first world without cheating, this episode isn't for you.

Fun Fact 2: I thought everyone forgot about this episode, so I re-purposed Star for my SMWCX level.

Please don't down-vote me for this.
I'm terribly sorry, you don't deserve a downvote at all. You've certainly improved as a level designer since then, I must tell you. This episode is a pretty cool idea, even it it's not all that well-executed.

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:01 pm

@ Pseudo-dino:

Don't worry; I didn't mean to make you think the entire comment was directed at you, I just wanted to let you know that I was the one who made this (the rest of the comment is more directed at the general community so that everyone knows why this exists).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ the general community:

Also, although most of this episode is a redesign of The Invasion 2, there are a few original levels, like "sunofson" or the previously mentioned "star." Playing through it again, I'm actually still relatively proud of how sunofson turned out.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Invasion way 2 hard by Imaynotbehere4long

Postby zioy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:05 pm

Added proper credit in initial post.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:43 am

Yeah, I actually like the idea of kaizo-ing a default SMBX episode, and it can actually act as a tutorial episode as well - a great way to learn the skills needed to be a very good SMBX player (like bossedit8) because your skills are pushed to the max in order to beat it without cheating.

I dare bossedit8 to play this.

I might do the same as well when I finish TGCA Remake with either the original TGCA or TPC.

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:23 pm

castlewars wrote:I dare bossedit8 to play this.

I might do the same as well when I finish TGCA Remake with either the original TGCA or TPC.
Wait, if you're seriously planning on playing this, you're going to guilt me into releasing a patch for those three levels I never beat normally. I won't change the level design, no siree; I'll just use an SMW star as a second midway point (because I would have done this at first if I had known about it).

You know, its kinda funny how this episode was so widely hated back when it was the only thing I had made, but now it seems like everyone's trying to say nice things about it.

P.S. If you wait on the "title screen," something resembling a game-play demo will appear.

--EDIT--

POSSIBLE MISINTERPRETATION DETECTED. RE-INTERPRETING REPLY:
castlewars wrote:Yeah, I actually like the idea of kaizo-ing a default SMBX episode

If you do, I'm going to make sure that it lives up to this episode's difficulty. Maybe you could have me work on it with you?
Last edited by Imaynotbehere4long on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Postby zioy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:05 pm

The concept for this is great; the execution wasn't. I also like castlewars's idea of a SMBX skills tutorial episode showcasing all the tips and tricks to being good at SMBX, gaming-wise as we already have a decent number of design tutorials.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:37 pm

castlewars wrote:Yeah, I actually like the idea of kaizo-ing a default SMBX episode, and it can actually act as a tutorial episode as well - a great way to learn the skills needed to be a very good SMBX player (like bossedit8) because your skills are pushed to the max in order to beat it without cheating.

I dare bossedit8 to play this.

I think I myself am a somewhat good player as well, so I will try it! Sorry for the bump buly the way! I technicaly never beat the original because of my skills a few years ago! I accept the bet!

Return to “Episodes”