Bowsers Kingdoom (Boss Rush 8.0) MY BEST BOSS RUSH YET!

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Bowsers Kingdoom (Boss Rush 8.0) MY BEST BOSS RUSH YET!

Postby AirSeus » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:51 pm

Flying Brick wrote:I actually played your episode this time instead of looking at a playthrough, yay for effort! Anyways, overall, even compared to your previous rush, I'd say it was disappointing. Lemme run down the bosses one by one here:
Spoiler: show
-Koopalings: Not worth detailing separately, as they're all bland reskins with little to no effort put into them. Also, Morton's animations are broken.
-King Boo: FAR too easy.
-Dino Piranha: Coming off King Boo, this one is too hard.
-Shy Guy Bros: Interesting concept, but it's just a Birdo reskin. Nothing to see here.
-Count Bleck: This was almost physically painful to me. This boss had so much potential, yet you only made it a 'stand here for 60 seconds to win' battle! You could have added more and more stuff as time went by to make survival more difficult as Bleck got desperate to defeat you! Wasted potential here.
-IronSider: Meh. Stand in front of him and he can't touch you, and the blocks are still within range.
-Bot 3605: SMB1 Bowser reskin with Rinkas. Bland doesn't even begin to describe this.
-Bowser: Another SMB1 Bowser? Really? Oh, and this was REALLY easy compared to the Bot.
-Final Bowser: Even easier than the first Bowser. Apart from that, it's, again, bland.
So overall, I'd say this is worse than your previous rush, because that one had a couple good ideas that were executed poorly. This has only one, and from the look of things, you just slapped a couple reskins together and called it a day. If you took the same amount of time you spent making this entire episode and put it into one boss, it'd probably be halfway decent, at least much better than most of this episode.
Oh look another peron that does not listen,
1. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW HARD OR EASY THE BOSSES ARE
2. What do you think custom graphics are?
3. Whats so potential about a wart battle?
When will you kearn

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:55 pm

AirSeus wrote:
Superiorstar wrote:I might be rude, but this episode was bad, some of the bosses look like you didn't even test them, nor did you have at LEAST some decency to actually NAME the bosses, and having Lil' slugger for almost EVERY boss is pretty bad. I didn't watch Bossedit8's playthrough yet, but I know that this is bad.
Not to be rude back but some anwers to your complaining,
I never name the bosses
I allways test the bosses
Use the right terminolegy for Lil' slugger
Your the only one that dont like thi boss rush so far
Well watch others playing episodes will open to more wider complimentary opinions, just because you think its bad becuse thats what you think then thats fine!
1. I did use the right terminology for Lil' slugger, at least I spelled terminology right.
2.why make a boss rush if you don't even name the bosses?
3.I test my bosses in every way possible, to avoid bugs and run time errors
4.you need to except the criticism, even if it is revile.
5.I watched bossedit8 playthrough, most of the bosses were bland, I even downloaded this, and I have to say:
6.79 overall score, hopefully my boss rush impresses you.

Flying Brick
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Flying Brick » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:42 pm

AirSeus wrote: Oh look another peron that does not listen,
1. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW HARD OR EASY THE BOSSES ARE
2. What do you think custom graphics are?
3. Whats so potential about a wart battle?
When will you kearn
1. Even if it truly didn't matter, most people appreciate some form of progression in an episode, ESPECIALLY a boss rush.
2. Custom graphics are tools to make an episode stand out, but they can't be all the episode has. Perhaps you misinterpreted me when I said 'bland'. What I meant by that is that the GAMEPLAY is bland. The graphics are, for the most part, just fine.
3. I said that in my overview; you could have done so much with the survival boss concept you had in place, yet you did nothing with it.
I have a better question for you: When will YOU learn that making uninspired boss rushes is not a good idea?

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby AirSeus » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:26 am

You don't have to be inspired to do anything.
You never said anything about survival.
You don't have to have custom gfx for a episode to stand out.
You should of said the GAMEPLAY was bland not say "the graphics are bland".
Guys listen, I dont care about critisism I just get annoyed about you tell me what I done wrong butnot what I done right just incase of stuff you want me to keep the same AND you need to tell me HOW TO IMPROVE not just point outhe obvious.

Flying Brick
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Flying Brick » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:39 am

-Maybe not, but it certainly helps.
-Oh, I'm sorry, did I have to spell it out for you?
-Exactly, as long as the gameplay is good. Here, it's lacking at best.
-Ok, on this I agree, I should have been more specific in my wording.
You say you don't care, yet you get VERY defensive when someone points out your flaws. The reason we don't say what's good about your episode is that, quite frankly, there's not many notably good points about it. If you insist, though, I'll try to point out the things I DID like:
-The graphics were mostly solid and usable.
-As I said before, you have some great ideas for boss battles that are executed rather poorly. If you took your ideas and expanded on them a little more, you could make some amazing bosses.
-Good call on the pre-boss dialogue. It gives the player some time to prepare instead of throwing the boss right in their face.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Re: Bowsers Kingdoom (Boss Rush 8.0) MY WORST BOSS RUSH YET!

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:45 am

AirSeus wrote:Guys listen, I dont care about critisism
Can you stop not taking the criticism and listen to those guys?
AirSeus wrote:I just get annoyed about you tell me what I done wrong butnot what I done right just incase of stuff you want me to keep the same AND you need to tell me HOW TO IMPROVE not just point outhe obvious.
They said that, you just get rage every time someone says "This boss rush is bad".
AirSeus wrote:1. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW HARD OR EASY THE BOSSES ARE
That's not true.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby AirSeus » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:52 am

Yes it is true it doesnt matter how difficult the bosses are

Plus see? Now I know to keep the pre boss messages!

Christian09: No one EVER tells me how to improve, only whats wrong thats why I get mad because NO ONE TELLS ME HOW TO IMPROVE so I dont know what to do!

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:57 am

AirSeus wrote:Christian07: No one EVER tells me how to improve, only whats wrong thats why I get mad because NO ONE TELLS ME HOW TO IMPROVE so I dont know what to do!
Go to watch the old posts in this topic.
AirSeus wrote:Yes it is true it doesnt matter how difficult the bosses are
Are you basically saying that I can make an episode where the first world is impossible and the other super easy?

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby AirSeus » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Ys if you wanted to, no one can stop you.

Tango
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Tango » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:29 pm

AirSeus wrote:Ys if you wanted to, no one can stop you.
But this, sadly, low the gameplay. Making episodes begin hard and turning easy is not fun, because this low the difficult of final challenge.

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:56 pm

AirSeus wrote:Ys if you wanted to, no one can stop you.
You truly don't understand what they are talking about, you can improve on how decent the bosses are instead of just some recolors or custom bosses with nothing at all,
As I once said in real life "quantity over quality", a GOOD episode would have GOOD gameplay not a RUSH AS HELL one, a GOOD episode would have a GOOD difficulty spike, you say it doesn't matter how hard the bosses are, well... yes it does. you are wrong about uninspired boss rushes, you boss rushes inspired me to made my WIP boss rush but hopefully mine is better than this one hopefully you will except the fact that the GFX doesn't matter, it is the boss itself.

in a nutshell: Improve your boss design. that is all, peace out.

xtremegamer51

Postby xtremegamer51 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:13 pm

AirSeus wrote:You don't have to be inspired to do anything.

Guys listen, I dont care about critisism I just get annoyed about you tell me what I done wrong butnot what I done right just incase of stuff you want me to keep the same AND you need to tell me HOW TO IMPROVE not just point outhe obvious.
Um....Im pretty sure critisism is what helps you improve mate.

And of course,as always,I make a review,and barely anyone pays any attention to it,welp!

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby AirSeus » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:51 am

I am just going to keep on sighing and laughing until you actually get what I said.
Last edited by bossedit8 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:47 am

AirSeus wrote:I am just going to keep on sighing and laughing until you actually get what I said.
YOU have to get what we're saying.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby AirSeus » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:07 pm

No, YOU have to get what I AM saying.

YOU say the SAME thing, NOT giving me ANY ADVICE AT ALL ony what I done WRONG so I DONT know what to KEEP or to get RID OF.

xtremegamer51

Postby xtremegamer51 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:38 pm

AirSeus wrote:No, YOU have to get what I AM saying.

YOU say the SAME thing, NOT giving me ANY ADVICE AT ALL ony what I done WRONG so I DONT know what to KEEP or to get RID OF.
To be honest,considering the fact that critisism is pretty much what most of the people in this forum use to improve there work,it pretty much just sounds like your starting to think of excuses.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg

Postby AirSeus » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:45 am

xtremegamer51 wrote:
AirSeus wrote:No, YOU have to get what I AM saying.

To be honest,considering the fact that critisism is pretty much what most of the people in this forum use to improve there work,it pretty much just sounds like your starting to think of excuses.

But not everyone though, for some people criticism makes them stop what there doing.

Superiorstar
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Superiorstar » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:54 am

Ok. lets try this:
-You can improve the way a boss enviroment is planned out BEFORE you think about how the boss itself is planned out.
- it isn't a boss rush without the proper GFX, that is one example of a good boss.
- make better boss levels don't just add the same music to EVERY boss.
- the hub should look better than just a level without BGOs, take NGCA for example
- try making bosses non-tedious for the most part at least
That, my friend, is what you can improve on.

DatDude
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby DatDude » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:08 am

Superiorstar wrote:Ok. lets try this:
-You can improve the way a boss enviroment is planned out BEFORE you think about how the boss itself is planned out.
- it isn't a boss rush without the proper GFX, that is one example of a good boss.
- make better boss levels don't just add the same music to EVERY boss.
- the hub should look better than just a level without BGOs, take NGCA for example
- try making bosses non-tedious for the most part at least
That, my friend, is what you can improve on.
I agree with this comment...

Flying Brick
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Flying Brick » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:25 am

Agreed on what Superiorstar said. Boss graphics are one thing, but the backgrounds and terrain are just as important. You should also put a variety of music in, otherwise even The Battle of Lil' Slugger becomes boring after a while. I'd advise you to go back to a hub level rather than a world map, that suits boss rush episodes better. Oh, and do try to mark or number the boss doors, otherwise the hub becomes VERY confusing after you get a couple stars. Of course, you can also opt for a more linear hub.

Return to “Episodes”