Site Discussion Thread

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

We hit 5000 Users!

Postby ElectriKong » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:54 pm

So today (January 24th) We hit 5000 users. So I decided to create a thread to celebrate this achievement. What else is there to say really?

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Re: We hit 5000 Users!

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:59 pm

It's cool, but it doesn't need its own thread

Valentine
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Flair: The Beginning, The End
Pronouns: She/Her (Any)

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Valentine » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:13 pm

at least 70% of those are either spambots or inactive users, or bananed users

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:22 pm

Besides, the member count may eventually not stay over 5,000 forever. From time to time there's still pruning of bot accounts / inactive accounts done by the admins. We have about 2,500 people with at least one post, that's more informative.

krakin
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: i wish squids and octos were real

Postby krakin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Sanct wrote:at least 70% of those are either spambots or inactive users, or bananed users
And you'd think spambots and banned user accounts would be removed from that total. I used to use my adblocker, but I don't use it here anymore because it doesn't just remove ads, it removes anything with ads on it. The orange block, which shows an ad by Project Wonderful, a search bar, and an advanced search option is visible by default. But as soon as I turn my adblocker on, that box is gone, and I can't search anything without ending up using a topic's search bar, which would take too long to find something.

CopyLeft
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby CopyLeft » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:44 pm

practicalshorty014 wrote:And you'd think spambots and banned user accounts would be removed from that total. I used to use my adblocker, but I don't use it here anymore because it doesn't just remove ads, it removes anything with ads on it. The orange block, which shows an ad by Project Wonderful, a search bar, and an advanced search option is visible by default. But as soon as I turn my adblocker on, that box is gone, and I can't search anything without ending up using a topic's search bar, which would take too long to find something.
in google type site:supermariobrox.org [whatever you are searching for]
its way more accurate

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:40 pm

in google type site:supermariobrox.org [whatever you are searching for]
its way more accurate
I'd rather just disable my adblocker on this site, and actually have a search box, than take the time to go on google and search for it

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:38 am

You can click the Quick Links bar (The SMW flip blocks in the top left corner) and there's a seach button, but yeah, I belive the seach bar shouldn't be on the orange block.

MacDuckBeat
Panser
Panser
Flair: Neon and edgy artist hehe

Postby MacDuckBeat » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:You can click the Quick Links bar (The SMW flip blocks in the top left corner) and there's a seach button, but yeah, I belive the seach bar shouldn't be on the orange block.
And it also make a cutoff/shredded when I zoom in(the search bar).

krakin
Birdo
Birdo

Postby krakin » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:18 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:You can click the Quick Links bar (The SMW flip blocks in the top left corner) and there's a seach button, but yeah, I belive the seach bar shouldn't be on the orange block.
I was on my Wii's browser for most of the time that I was on here, and the browser is pretty old, so some images on here wouldn't show there. But now that I'm on a computer, that's not much of an excuse anymore.
Proof: show

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Please, do something about the no requests rule...

Postby HeroLinik » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:39 am

Right, I'm going to bring this issue up again despite the fact that I asked it quite a long time back, and still, nothing has been done about it yet. It's about the no requests rule.

One and a half years ago, the Requests subforum was archived, and graphic requests were no longer allowed. Various reasons were given, such as crazy graphics being requested and the fact that if you can't make a level with the graphics that exist, then it's a problem with your level design skills. Unfortunately, this hasn't stopped people from making requests, and the announcement was archived for some reason, and the fact that it was archived means that any new user won't even be aware that graphic requests aren't allowed, and they'll feel really silly just because they didn't even know to look in the archives for the rule, especially when there's been a lot of people joining after the announcement got archived, even more apparent if it's a veteran joining after a long hiatus. Just because the requests forum is gone it doesn't mean that there'll be less requests, and usually announcements get archived if they're not relevant anymore, and the no graphics rule is still relevant, so why was the announcement even archived?

Can something be done about this, like making a sticky outlining graphic submission regulations, one of them including no requests? One and a half years still going and we're still getting graphic requests, just because the rule isn't even apparent.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper

Postby Cedur » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:06 am

Forum Rules bars are an easy solution to make people attentive to this kind of rules. Because other than a sticky thread, it appears on top of the page and therefore is the first thing someone will see when posting something. This should help cutting down the amount of incidences.

MacDuckBeat
Panser
Panser
Flair: Neon and edgy artist hehe

Postby MacDuckBeat » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:08 am

I don't really know what does "no longer relevant" meaning. An opposite to Irrelevant ?
So I know the Request subforum has gotten archieved. Like the last year, I haven't made any request yet.. yeah, I can probably make a new graphics by myself. I only made an introduction of me and post my comments on other threads/topics. I think I shouldn't explain those. :? Eughh.

HeroLinik
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby HeroLinik » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:22 am

RSuper wrote:I don't really know what does "no longer relevant" meaning. An opposite to Irrelevant ?
So I know the Request subforum has gotten archieved. Like the last year, I haven't made any request yet.. yeah, I can probably make a new graphics by myself. I only made an introduction of me and post my comments on other threads/topics. I think I shouldn't explain those. :? Eughh.
"No longer relevant" means the same as "irrelevant", which means that the current thing in question is no longer needed. In this case, the no requests announcement. But the fact that you haven't made a request yet after the archiving of that announcement is good and that because you're playing by the rules, but it isn't representative of the entire community. Just because one person isn't doing requests after the rule was passed and archived it doesn't mean everyone else is, as is shown by the fact that there are still graphic requests being made.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”