Site Discussion Thread

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Site Discussion Thread

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:18 pm

Continuation of the "What would you like to see?" thread from before the deletion of global announcements.

Discuss in this thread any problems with/suggestions for SuperMarioBrosX.org that don't deserve their own topic.

Magna
Banned

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Magna » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:24 pm

More medals.

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Fuyu » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:26 pm

Online/Offline status on each post's mini-profile.

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:30 pm

Natsu wrote:Online/Offline status on each post's mini-profile.
I'm very familiar with phpBB and how it works, and to my knowledge, that's hard to implement, and I don't even know if it's possible or not.

Otherwise, I would like to see more medals, and honestly, even another administrator or two because three isn't... eh... that much?

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Fuyu » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:41 pm

@Kep: We actually don't need that many, just a few. What we DO need is a good amount of moderators, that we already have. This community shall need more administrator once it becomes bigger.

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:49 pm

Natsu wrote:This community shall need more administrator once it becomes bigger.
A community with 1,456 needs about five administrators.

Besides, it's already big.

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Fuyu » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Should I remind you that not even a quarter of them come here as much as you and/or me? I should had clarified my statement there; "This community shall need more administrators once it becomes bigger regarding the amount of active users."

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:58 pm

Frankly I'd like a Wiki group or something to help with wiki activity since mostly everyone (even including myself) has lost motive to contribute.

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:08 pm

Kep wrote:
Natsu wrote:Online/Offline status on each post's mini-profile.
I'm very familiar with phpBB and how it works, and to my knowledge, that's hard to implement, and I don't even know if it's possible or not.

Otherwise, I would like to see more medals, and honestly, even another administrator or two because three isn't... eh... that much?
It comes preinstalled with phpbb...

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Postby zioy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:08 pm

I think that Mafia needs more interest.

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:10 pm

I WOULD say we need a new mod team but the only people I'd want either aren't interested or Joey wouldn't promote.

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Fuyu » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:11 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:I WOULD say we need a new mod team but the only people I'd want either aren't interested or Joey wouldn't promote.
Ignore this post if it would cause any drama, but could you post some examples?

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:12 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:I WOULD say we need a new mod team but the only people I'd want either aren't interested or Joey wouldn't promote.
I would post my opinions on each staff member here, but I'd probably get flamed and everyone would go all off-topic and whatnot.

Raster
Banned

Postby Raster » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:14 pm

This is a site discussion thread, you can suggest anything without the fear of getting flamed for it.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:15 pm

Raster wrote:This is a site discussion thread, you can suggest anything without the fear of getting flamed for it.
I would sure hope so...
I'll whip up a staff opinions list right away then.

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:16 pm

The mods are fine for the most part IMO. There are, however, two mods and one admin that I think should be replaced.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:19 pm

Kep wrote:
The mods are fine for the most part IMO. There are, however, two mods and one admin that I think should be replaced.
Kley, Igno, and Valtteri?
Those are the ones you seem most against IMO.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:22 pm

GhostHawk wrote:Frankly I'd like a Wiki group or something to help with wiki activity since mostly everyone (even including myself) has lost motive to contribute.
This is a good idea, and I would volunteer myself to be part of such a group for sure. The wiki needs more love.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:31 pm

Joey - Great admin most of the time, however, sometimes he's a bit stubborn and refuses to step away from his opinion. Honestly, I'm OK with that most of the time as
he was the one who actually created the forum and whatnot, so I'm guessing he would be most qualified to lead it. He doesn't really compromise that much, and is
probably the strictest admin I've seen in a while. However, he does work well with HTML and building/fixing the forum.

Quill - Honestly, he's inactive most of the time and rarely posts. I have no idea why he is admin in the first place, but when he's on he's usually really productive
as an admin and whatnot. I'd probably make him a moderator though, because it seems like he doesn't really do all that much as an admin. I haven't seem him moderate
all that often, so I'm not 100% sure on how well he is at it.

Valtteri - In my opinion, he's the best admin. He handles situations well and also is a fair negotiator. I'd keep him admin as he seems to be the most productive of
the three admins. Every time he moderates, I pretty much never disagree.

DarkMatt - You guys made him a moderator because he's popular and made a topic about it. He also didn't improve his personality at all. He constantly locks threads
for going barely off-topic, and when I downrepped him for locking a perfectly civil topic, he basically said "Give me the effing rep back, jerk." I think
he cares more about being popular and powerful than the welfare of the forum. I've only ever seen him lock topics and warn users, but I can tell he isn't a good
moderator.

GhostHawk - Honestly, he is a good moderator, I would keep him as he seems productive and gets alot done as a moderator. He also is really nice, and negotiates well.
If I had to point out one flaw, it's that he is a bit too lenient.

Ignoritus - I haven't really seen him moderate much, but I feel like he should stay on the team because he is pretty active and sort of the "all-around"
moderator.

Kley - In my opinion, he should stay, because he is pretty good as a moderator. However, he isn't really all that active so I don't see much of his moderation.

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:36 pm

KoolKat wrote:
Kep wrote:
Kley, Igno, and Valtteri?
Those are the ones you seem most against IMO.
You're right except one person.

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”