Site Discussion Thread

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.
Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Re: Site Discussion Thread

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:58 am

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Whenever someone posts in the SMBX Wiki thread and I click "view first unread post," I'm always redirected to the top of page 8 of the thread. Anyone else having similar issues?
I'm having the exact same problem. Glad I'm not the only one with that problem!

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:12 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Whenever someone posts in the SMBX Wiki thread and I click "view first unread post," I'm always redirected to the top of page 8 of the thread. Anyone else having similar issues?
Yeah, this happens to me too. It's a sticky problem I guess as Syndrilevosse said.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:51 pm

Interestingly, does it happen on any other sticky thread? I don't have this specific issue (like I said jumping to a post from a search is messy for me)

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Supershroom wrote:does it happen on any other sticky thread?
Nope; it only happens with the SMBX Wiki thread as far as I can tell.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
Supershroom wrote:does it happen on any other sticky thread?
Nope; it only happens with the SMBX Wiki thread as far as I can tell.
For me it sent me to Page 8 once. Seems weird that this is only happening in one thread, is this a recurrence?

Imaynotbehere4long
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:46 pm

King of Eterity wrote:For me it sent me to Page 8 once. Seems weird that this is only happening in one thread, is this a recurrence?
Yes, it happens each time the thread gets bumped and I click "view first unread post," and it only happens with that thread.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Apparently when I try to delete my lastest post on a topic while editing one I'm unable to delete it but when I use the X button to delete the post it works what it should be.
Spoiler: show
Happens to any forum categories I'm in. Not too sure what is up with that but I'd say it's just minor issues I guess. Not that I really mind it that much but just a notice.

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:39 am

bossedit8 wrote:Apparently when I try to delete my lastest post on a topic while editing one I'm unable to delete it but when I use the X button to delete the post it works what it should be.
Happens to any forum categories I'm in. Not too sure what is up with that but I'd say it's just minor issues I guess. Not that I really mind it that much but just a notice.
Weird, I guess it may be a minor issue of phpBB, which may mean it is not fixable by the admins.

darkhog
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby darkhog » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:28 pm

Info about 2.0 should be added to the landing page, even if it's just "Hey! you can now try new 2.0 version with an improved editor here!" box. I've thought when loading it when I had this episode idea (before I was just lurker and player of existing content) and I've thought the project isn't being developed anymore (while lurking I was just visiting episodes and levels section and that's it) so I've registered on forums with the intention of asking about it then noticed 2.0 thread - which average Mario fan may not do seeing last release date, mind you, because from what's on the landing page right now... for all the intents and purposes the project seems dead even if it isn't.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:34 pm

2.0 hasn't been officially released yet. Once the preparation time (on our end) for that comes around you'll see updates to the site.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:10 pm

On the other hand, I think at least just a quick mentioning of 2.0 on the index page is worth considering at the moment

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:26 pm

Supershroom wrote:On the other hand, I think at least just a quick mentioning of 2.0 on the index page is worth considering at the moment
I agree that this would be a good idea

ElectriKong

Postby ElectriKong » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:11 pm

Yeah there should be something on the home page like try out the open beta for 2.0 so that less people waste time learning the legacy editor and then being daunted over an editor that is actually easier to use, especially considering if the legacy editor will be removed completely.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:16 pm

All Midnight Reality sites are now able to use SSL. Let me know if you have any issues. Try Ctrl+F5 if pages are not displaying properly.

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Fuyu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:45 am

Yesterday around 9:40 PM by UTC-3 I was having login issues. I couldn't log in, yet I could see my name appear as online at the bottom of the Board Index, plus I could check profiles. I couldn't make any posts nor make a new thread. Thought I should report that to you.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario

Postby Cedur » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:55 am

That happened to me already. Try logging in again (with the login field at the bottom) or try deleting board cookies; and profiles / memberlists are viewable to guests anyway.

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Fuyu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:04 am

I didn't delete board cookies, and since when were profiles and memberlists viewable to guests? Nevertheless, this was around my 20th time trying to log in, and it worked, so everything is ok(?).

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:07 am

Ok for some odd reason in the youtube player links you can't use the http part for showing up video players inside of your posts anymore but instead you need to use https to show it:

Code: Select all

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf59Z5hXzng[/youtube]

Code: Select all

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf59Z5hXzng[/youtube]
Just a notice.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:19 am

Thanks guys! I purged all sessions a second ago, so hopefully that fixes the issue with logging in. I also fixed the YouTube tags. Please let me know if that happens with embedded content anywhere else on the site.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:05 am

Happy 3rd birthday to SMBX.org! Hard to believe that we've all been here for a whopping 3 years, and still standing strong. You guys are awesome!

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”